FE_Builder_GBA -- If you have any questions, attach report7z

You can use advanced editors → insert ea btw.

Just copy paste what I wrote into notepad.exe and save as a .txt or .event file, then insert.

1 Like

I made a patch.

NAME=目的ウィンドウのテキストを少し長くする
NAME.en=Make goal window text slightly longer
NAME.zh=Make goal window text slightly longer

INFO=マップの右上(または右下)に表示される章の目的ウィンドウの幅を少しだけ大きくします
INFO.en=This patch slightly increases the width of the chapter objective window displayed in the upper right (or lower right) of the map.
INFO.zh=此补丁稍微增加了地图右上角(或右下角)显示的章节目标窗口的宽度。

//アドレスパッチとして実装します
TYPE=SWITCH
TAG=#ENGINE

AUTHOR=Vesly https://feuniverse.us/t/veslys-asm/12011/133
COMBO=Default: 8 width|OFFF|Fix: 10 width|FIXA
3 Likes

Hi! Minor issue I noted.

The Stat Calculator is wrong, at least for FE6. There’s a mouseover that says the stats of promoted units assume the unit is promoted at Level 10. In truth, the Stat Calculator does not do that; it assumes the Promoted unit in question was a Level 1 Promoted unit from the day it was born.

This wouldn’t be an issue for player characters, but generic characters have growth rates that are decided by their class, with lower growth rates as their Promoted class.

My reference for this is the FE6 Sniper.

…I haven’t gotten far enough into FE6 recently to test this in-game.

EDIT: I just tested it; both are wrong. It’s either that generic units are Promoted at Level 20, or that prepromoted enemy units are generated with 20 extra Levels that are then subtracted from the sheet. This is only tested on FE6 Chapter 12, though.

2ND EDIT: With more testing, mainly at later chapters, it does appear that generic Promoted units do have 20 extra Levels when calculating their stats, but with their bad promoted-class Growth Rates. It’s either that or I’m witnessing immense stat-screwing.

3RD EDIT: One interesting thing in the Ilia path is that the Promoted enemies are at levels that make it look like they promoted at the same level that the unpromoted enemies around them are. For instance, due to the growth rates the Falco Knight has, a Level 6 one would appear to have promoted as a Level 17 Pegasus Knight, and that’s the gap between the Pegasus Knights and Falco Knights in Chapter 18 (Ilia). In Chapter 20 (Ilia), the Level 7 Heroes have stats that look like they promoted from one of the Level 18 Mercenaries around them at Level 18, while the Level 8 Snipers look like they were promoted from Level 18 (like the Level 18 Archers arming the Ballistae).

Please attach data to confirm this.

It appears I cannot.

Playing the game shows that Stat Calculator levels for Pre-Promotes are only accurate if you add 20 to the Level of whatever unit you’re trying to estimate, however.

The math used in the Stat Calculator itself ignores the preceding class entirely; which makes sense, since you have both Pirates and Brigands promoting into Berserkers in FE6. When you add 20 levels to it, you get stats that line up with what generic prepromotes have, with less random deviation than Microsoft Excel.

…Then there’s the issue of Generic prepromoted units at Level 1 all having the same stats, while the Stat Calculator treats them as starting at Level 0 and their Level 1 being a level-up… (The same issue with Leveling from 20 to 21 for Promoted classes)

Can we get Contro’s FE8 Canto Bug Fix as a patch? I know we can install it manually with EA, but I think it’s better if builder has patches documented.

NAME.en=Fixed glitch that prevented cavalry's CANTO move again after open menu(ver Contro)
INFO.en=Cavalry units can re-move(CANTO) after using an item or after a dance or steal command.\r\nHowever, if you select the exchange menu or convoy menu before selecting the command, the re-move may not occur.\r\nThis is because opening the exchange or convoy menu overwrites gActionData.MoveCount=0xFF, even if you don't exchange anything.\r\nThis patch fixes that issue and always causes cavalry to re-move after selecting the trade menu.

NAME=取引メニューを開いた後に、騎兵の再移動が発生しないバグ修正(ver Contro)
INFO=騎兵ユニットはアイテムを使った後や踊る、盗むのコマンド後に再移動(CANTO)ができます。\r\nしかしながら、コマンドを選択する前に、交換メニューや輸送隊メニューを選択すると、再移動が発生しないことがあります。\r\n交換メニューや輸送隊メニューを開くと、たとえ何も交換しなくてもgActionData.MoveCount=0xFFに上書きされるためです。\r\nこのパッチはその問題を修正し、取引メニューを選択した後にも必ず騎兵の再移動を発生させます。
NAME.en=Fixed glitch that prevented cavalry's CANTO move again after open menu(ver 7743)
INFO.en=Cavalry units can re-move after using an item or after a dance or steal command.\r\nHowever, if you select the exchange menu or convoy menu before selecting the command, the re-move may not occur.\r\nThis is because opening the exchange or convoy menu overwrites gActionData.MoveCount=0xFF, even if you don't exchange anything.\r\nThis patch fixes that issue and always causes cavalry to re-move after selecting the trade menu.

NAME=取引メニューを開いた後に、騎兵の再移動が発生しないバグ修正(ver 7743)
INFO=騎兵ユニットはアイテムを使った後や踊る、盗むのコマンド後に再移動ができます。\r\nしかしながら、コマンドを選択する前に、交換メニューや輸送隊メニューを選択すると、再移動が発生しないことがあります。\r\n交換メニューや輸送隊メニューを開くと、たとえ何も交換しなくてもgActionData.MoveCount=0xFFに上書きされるためです。\r\nこのパッチはその問題を修正し、取引メニューを選択した後にも必ず騎兵の再移動を発生させます。

Use whichever you like.

1 Like

Are there important differences between them? I looked through the source codes and found that the implementations are different.

EDIT: Never mind, tested it and found no differences.

I apologize if this has been asked before, but I couldn’t find the answer. Is it possible to create a Warp Tile?

You can use RANGE conditions or a staircase patch to achieve warp.

I’m trying to use the “Added a game option that staff and dances do not display anime” patch, but it doesn’t work. When I turn the option ON, it force resets the game

First, please submit the report 7z as evidence.

Hi, I’m using the Change Tilename patch. It says that the coordinates can be the 0xFF wildcard. However, I can’t write FF in the boxes as they seem to take integers only. Setting the coordinates to be 255 (0xFF in decimal) doesn’t work either. Help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I believe it saying that you can use 0xFF as a wildcard for that value is an error, as there is no such functionality in the code.

1 Like

I withdraw the “(FF=ANY)” in X.
There appears to be a mistake in the code and it is not valid.
Coordinates must be entered.

1 Like

Hi. Found more patches that could be useful if they’re added to builder. Can we get patches for awakening style durability and item name expansion? Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks for the vouch! Awakening Style Durability is ready to become a patch (if 7743 is willing, of course) but Item Name Expansion still has some bugs to be worked out first.

Also if Awakening Style Durability is eventually going to become a patch it should have a more direct name for searching purposes. Maybe OnlyShowCurrentDurability?

1 Like

To be bug-free.
To do things properly without bugs.

No or few conflicts with other patches.

These two are prerequisites.

If there are still some bugs, they will be make patched after they are resolved.

3 Likes

Hello, I idk how to explain this but ill try so when I am on the world map, I click the unit section and I saw my two new units are still in their original map animations. This is before I enter ch 2.When I restart the chapter and go check again the unit section, the game turns black and it crash. How can I fix this? I did try to report problem but it also errors (Sorry for my bad english, its not my first language)

Please read carefully what is written at the top of this thread and submit a report7z.

1 Like