FE_Builder_GBA -- If you have any questions, attach report7z

this is “Lossy compression” 非可逆圧縮.
Therefore, the compressed data cannot be completely restored.

I think deepl did the wrong translation again.
Sometimes he translates in the exact opposite sense.

Q guys, can u make changes live when playing the game (change chars base stats) or do u always have to save it 1st and then start the game to see the changes?

You have to reset the emulator every time. I’ve had moments where I changed the ROM, and mgba just unloaded it. There’s a reason it’s Read-Only Memory. It’s not supposed to be changed on the fly

2 Likes

impossible.
This is because the loaded unit is stored in the save data.
The recommended method is to press Ctrl + 1 etc. to save the state just before the load command is issued.
That way, you can redo the load instruction over and over again with a state load.

Report7z: https://drive.google.com/file/d/18M6uM8RdFTbqH1wBBDz6LVuUULNjKJwL/view?usp=sharing

I’m ROM hacking FE7 currently and I’ve run into an issue where on the second part of the final chapter (where you fight the Fire Dragon), everyone’s Magic stats from the Magic seperation patch is reset to zero.

This is a unit on the first map of the final chapter
magic

And this is them on the second map
nomagic

This has nothing to do with the stat boosts shown. Everyone else’s magic is all zero. Nothing in the event editor indicates some sort of reset in units, so why does this happen?

Fix:
2E4DE: 00 00

I think this is a bug in the “Magic separation patch”.
I don’t think this patch takes into account the maps that will be in a row like the final chapter.
Author: Tequila Teq's Minor Assembly Shenanigans - #20 by Tequila

For the time being, set 0x2E4DE to 0x00 0x00 and stop the initialization to the area that stores the magical power (the memory area that originally manages the total number of conversations).
However, please note that there may be side effects.

0802E4D6 60E0   str r0, [r4, #0xc]
0802E4D8 76E5   strb r5, [r4, #0x1b]
0802E4DA 1C20   mov r0 ,r4
0802E4DC 3039   add r0, #0x39
0802E4DE 7005   strb r5, [r0, #0x0]  <-- nop

If this fix works without any impact on other chapters, please contact me again.
Then add this fix to the FE7U’s magic separation.

Where do I go in FEBuilder to change this?

Open the hex editor, under advanced editors.

It worked. Thank you very much!

How do I change the avoid and defense stats of a throne? I can’t seem to find it.

Report7Z: feshite - Google Drive

I’m hacking FE8 for an inside joke, but when it was about to start, it immediately goes to the title screen

Go to class editor and click on Terrain AVO and Terrain DEF.

2 Likes

UPS
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/179027738454261760/909495829675540580/Sacred_Stones_-_Divine_Intervention_Beta_2.1.0.PATCH.20211114140806.PATCH.20211115022743.7z

when an event on a certain address 18385A8 ended, it booted me back to title screen.

You are not going back to the title screen, you are just getting a forced reset because the stack is broken.
The place where the stack is broken is where the save data is handled.

Oddly enough, this ROM has two save data extensions installed at the same time, EMS and breaksave.
This will not work correctly.

I’m not sure why this happened, as none of the previous backups were attached.
In the meantime, I know it is best to go back to the backup before this happened.

I’ve created a version that resolves the conflict, reinstalls SkillSystems, and fixes all the errors that are occurring, and I’ve attached it.
That’s the UPS attached at the beginning of this article.
Please note that SkillSystems has been re-installed, so the Skill assignments may have changed.

1 Like

I have been having trouble installing external ASM through FEB. It keeps giving me error messages like “Symbol X isn’t in scope” or “Couldn’t reach end”. If it matters, I’m using a modified rom but I’ve tried it on an unmodified rom and it still doesn’t work

Since you have not attached any reproducible data, I am not sure of the cause.

For now, there are three possibilities that I can think of at this point.

The possibility that the ASM is broken in the first place.

You may have made a mistake in the compile options.

Other than that

Is there a download or installation guide for making HP bars visible on the map for FE6? I wanted to implement it in my hack if possible.

Thank you!

I forgot to create the first time, sorry. Dropbox - rpt - Simplify your life

Where is the asm you are trying to install?

I added it to the link. It’s one from one of the ASM threads on here.