FE_Builder_GBA -- If you have any questions, attach report7z

You just need to do a plist split and create a plist margin to assign it.
This method was mentioned in the document earlier, but you don’t read it. I understand that.
I thought you wanted a fish, not a fishing rod.

Therefore, I made a version that fixes all the problems.
UPS:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Xi8ceKs2t7aeeApHdFXpu_3hBwsOhqHY/view?usp=sharing

I wasn’t sure how to move to the added maps, so I assigned them to the 9F and 10F of the tower.
After climbing the tower to the 8th floor and clearing the 8th floor, you can move to the maps I added on the 9th and 10th floors.
Each map can be cleared by seizing with Eirika.
If you don’t like this behavior, please fix it by yourself.

1 Like

god I cannot thank you enough
truth be told, I did check out the document earlier, just I’m not that great of a coder @-@

I may have said too much.

To add a new map, rather than rewriting an existing one, you need to understand the concept of PLIST properly.
In this case, you forcefully reused PLIST that has been used elsewhere.
This resulted in a large number of errors being displayed.

Specifically, you used PLIST that is used in events in tilechange, so when you looked at it as event data, a lot of broken data appeared and FELint displayed a large number of warnings.
There are almost no margins in PLIST, so to add new data without destroying the existing map, you need to perform a PLIST split to create margins.

You can read all about this in the document I presented before.

I have split the PLIST in your ROM, modified the data you destroyed, and assigned data for a new map.
This should work correctly.

1 Like

The debugger now has the ability to analyze the currently playing background music from the emulator’s SoundBuffer, track by track, like sappy.

This feature is based on the work of Huichelaar’s Adaptive BGM.

What you can do.

1. You can view the currently playing background music by track.

2. Shows the name of the currently playing instrument or measure.

3. Like sappy, you can mute each track.
    Double-click or press enter to toggle mute settings.

It has the following advantages over Sappy:

1. very Accurate.
    Because the sound is played back on an emulator, you will hear more accurate sounds than with sappy.

2. measure display.
    You can display the exact measure number of the point you are currently playing.
    sappy only gives you the address, but this way you can see the measures in the file, which makes it easier to identify where the problem is.

3. being able to display the name of the instrument
    You can display the name of the instrument that is currently playing.
    In the case of drums, you can also display the name of the drum instrument.

4. no need to run sappy
    sappy can be unstable, so not having to rely on sappy is an advantage in itself.

5. can use emulator’s frame skip
    Although sappy also has a fast-forward function, emulator frame skipping is a more powerful weapon.

Compared to sappy, it has the following drawbacks:

1. Doesn’t know chords.
    The SoundBuffer only records the last note played.
    Therefore, you can’t tell if you are playing a chord.

2. Update frequency is 1 second.
    This is because the data is retrieved from the emulator every second.
    There is a delay of about 1 second compared to sappy.

3. Cannot get BEND MOD.
    You cannot get the BEND and MOD defined in the track.

4. Cannot play favorite sound.
    This is because the this function is looking at the value of the emulator’s BGM that is currently playing.
    In other words, you can only see the sound that is playing in the game.

5. Duplicate instruments will show the instrument ID of the one used only the first time.
    This is because the SoundBuffer records the instrument data, not the instrument ID.
    Therefore, it is necessary to reverse engineer the currently playing instrument ID from the instrument data.
    If more than one identical instrument data is registered in the instrument table, the first data found will be displayed.
    This may result in a discrepancy with the instrument ID used in the score.

6. When you mute a track, the volume display also goes to 0.
    In sappy, the volume is still displayed when you mute a track, but in this method, when you mute a track, the volume is set to zero, and so is the volume display.

7. The volume display may shift a little.
    Even if the left and right sound balance is correct in sappy, it may be different in the emulator’s SoundBuffer.
    The cause is unknown.
    If you want to adjust the PAN, it is better to use sappy.

8. no seek bar compared to VGMusicStadio.
    There is no seek bar because the emulator gets the currently playing sound.
    There is no seek bar in sappy either, but VGMusicStadio has a seek bar.
    However, since it uses the emulator, you can use frame skip instead.

1 Like

Unit warp.

You can move the unit to any coordinate by double-clicking the unit coordinates on the etc tab.

You can change the coordinates of the unit by pressing the Write Value button or double-clicking on the map.

When returned to the game, Eirika moved to the specified coordinates.

However, there is one limitation.
When You select and move the unit, the cursor remains.

If this happens, you can fix it by pressing the B button in the game.

I pressed the B button to fix the problem.

This feature also allows enemy units to move.

3 Likes

how can i translate English hacks into Chinese? I studied this post.
Translating jap Hack
And in ihe the builder the translation looks like this.

But then i found my translated text did not show in the convo bubbles at all.
b
What did I miss? thanks.

Did you create the font properly?

The latest version resolves the B button issue after warp.

Thanks. I imported youyuan in the rom translated tool and the problem was partially solved. Gradin´s words show up correctly, but Vaspa’s reply still did not appear in the bubble.

Then I discovered in the FEBuilder that it was due to character width exceeding serif’s upper limit. I wonder if there are good ways of solving this problem? Thanks.

When the sound room is displayed, it automatically switches to the BGM tab.

Of course, you just only fix it so that it does not exceed the upper limit.
Just add “[A]” and split it into multiple lines.

Generally, if you translate an English sentence into a sentence that contains Chinese characters such as Chinese or Japanese, the number of characters will be smaller.
This is because Kanji compresses the number of characters.

Truly appreciate your help. Thank you.

Is anyone else having problems with creating a skill list for characters and classes that don’t already have one? I can expand existing skill lists, but if I try to make one for something that does not already have one, no data will show up.

When it wasn’t working in my project, I took an unaltered ROM, installed the newest Skill System and had the same issue, so my guess is that something went wrong in a recent FEBuilder update.

I’ve been having the same issue as of the last update to FEBuilder, for both characters and classes as well.

This is a bug.
Fixed in the latest version.
Thank you for reporting bug.

1 Like

Do you know how to install this on linux

It requires a windows OS.
If you really want to run it on Linux, run windows in a virtual box.
wine will also work, but we do not recommend it because the debugger is not available in wine.

A most curious bug occured to me…
I went back to hacking after a month of break and decided to move my repository to a diferent folder.
Of course I updated the path to the emulator.
But now it says “Could not identify what memory to read” as if the ROM was broken. But it’s not, I can still load it by just using the emulator menu.

Hi 7743,
Hope you’re well.

I have a question regarding the ‘Special Event For Each Unit’ Patch and it’s compatibility with the ‘Skill System’. I’ve tried on a blank ROM as well as my own project, and it appears the ‘Wait’ command for units disappears for your units.

This is easily reproducible by installing the Skill System and the Special Event Patch.

As you can see in the screenshot from a new ROM, there’s no Wait Command.

How about reinstalling the emulator from the Init setup Wizard?
MENU->Settings->Init setup wizard