FE_Builder_GBA -- If you have any questions, attach report7z

So I’ve been working on my romhack for a bit of time now and managed to resolve some issues with one of my friends
Lately I’ve been having a few issues now involving 2 chapters, Escape! & a new chapter I added.

• With Escape, I’ve been having an issue where after completing the chapter and the conversation between Eirika & Tana has ended, I’m sent back to the opening of the game (with the introduction of each region). I’ve been trying to figure out why and haven’t noticed anything odd with looking through it.
  • Then there’s the other chapter I brought up earlier, a new one I added. When starting the map up, I’m immediately brought to enemy phase and after the first enemy has moved (a armor knight moves over a few tiles), I’m immediately met with a game over. I’ve made sure to have the game over flag set to 65 (and Ephraim’s death quote meets that), but it still continues to do this.
    I’m hoping I could get some answers on why both of these happen.
    7z link (New Chapter is located at 3B)

I can’t download your report7z because the file has authentication set up.

Ah my bad heck, this should work now.
Fixed 7z link

With Escape, I’ve been having an issue where after completing the chapter and the conversation between Eirika & Tana has ended, I’m sent back to the opening of the game (with the introduction of each region). I’ve been trying to figure out why and haven’t noticed anything odd with looking through it.

This is because you have not edited the Worldmap event in the prologue to set Flag 0x89 “Worldmap Initialization flag” to ON.
As a result, the system misunderstands that the worldmap has not been initialized yet, and as a result, when you try to display the wordmap, it reverts to the OP.
However, no matter how many times you play the OP, you are removed the Flag 0x89 event, so this flag will not be valid and the OP will play indefinitely.

Then there’s the other chapter I brought up earlier, a new one I added. When starting the map up, I’m immediately brought to enemy phase and after the first enemy has moved (a armor knight moves over a few tiles), I’m immediately met with a game over. I’ve made sure to have the game over flag set to 65 (and Ephraim’s death quote meets that), but it still continues to do this.

This is because there is no single Player Unit.
Therefore, the game engine assumes that all the players have been wiped out and displays game over.

As you can see in the debugger, the trio shown on the screen is set to Esacped.
This unit is in a disengaged state, meaning it is not in the party.
Therefore, the number of people in the party is zero.

There are many ways to fix this,
but the best way in vanilla is to issue a REVEAL command to remove the detached status.

UPS
https://drive.google.com/file/d/17wUVA97Ihr1bzljCdjjGRQJrnC7jvwA0/view?usp=sharing

Hello, I was making this hack where 1-2 range axe/lance cannot double. Is there any way to make this happen since the 1x attack per combat patch cannot be installed with Skill System and I don’t want to mess up the weapon’s weight.

“cannot double”
What does this mean?

Does that mean you don’t want to attack twice?

In vanilla, as you say, there are patches.
However, this patch is not available for SkillSystems.
I don’t use Skill Systems, so I can’t answer for Skill Systems.

You may want to ask a question in the Skill Systems thread.
If there is any way, I would like to support it in FEBuilderGBA as well.

1 Like

With the latest Skillsystem, if you set 0xC in the weapon ability (place where you set if a weapon is nosferatu or devil or inflicts stone), it will be a weapon unable to double.

3 Likes

I put C in here and… it just works.
Much appreciated!!!

1 Like

Hi, I am new here. I have some questions regarding the status page.
I had used the latest Skill system Patch, and was using the Personal Data 4th page of the status screen.
The “Dislike” word image is glitched, and I am not sure how to fix it, as I don’t know where the image is located.
.7z here

About the FELint text limit
We now issue a warning for text longer than 5636 bytes.

However, this is a rather lenient number.
FE8’s text buffer is 4096 bytes.
Normally, a warning should be issued at 4096 bytes, but there is a palette buffer below the text buffer that is used for fading out.
Therefore, breaking this buffer will not freeze the game.
Below the palette buffer used for fade-out, there is a section where the game data is stored, and if this section is destroyed, the game will stop.
Therefore, for the time being, we will warn at 5636 bytes, which is the size of both the text buffer and the palette buffer.
If it ever crashes at a smaller size than this, we will raise the bar in the future.
We recommend that you try not to exceed 4096 bytes as much as possible.

This is because TextID: 0xF1B has an incorrect character code entered.

If you change this string correctly, it will work normally.

Hi, I’ve got an issue regarding summoning:
Once a phantom is summoned, the option to summon doesn’t go away, granting a free 10xp.
How can I fix this?

Are you editing the Summon table correctly?
That behavior often happens when the unit being Summoned is already on the map.

It appears the hex address is different than normal.
Usually it’s 95F5A4, but instead it’s 165D944, and when I try to change it this message pops up:
“Address 0095F5A4 is out of range, unable to write.”
Other than this everything else is the same.

I’m not sure if I should write what happened here too, so… I will only send the link :v.
However I can explain what happened.

In any case the report is more detailed. But to resume everthing: The CG freezes, the text doesn’t appears, but the music keep playing.

Link to UPS

Specify a space after Orc.
NG
“[SetName]Orc”

OK
"[SetName]Orc "

This solves the problem.
This is a problem related to 2-byte processing.
GBAFE is designed on the assumption that Japanese is 2 bytes.
Therefore, it does not assume that the number of characters will be odd at 3 and that there will be fractions.

The routine to search for the name to be output by the SetName command searches for line breaks, copying characters in 2-byte units.
“Orc” is three characters long, so this routine will not detect the end of the line.
You can avoid this problem by adding a space at the end to make it four characters.
If you don’t like the space, you can use the padding character [.]. “@001F” should be used.

0808EB2E D00A   beq #0x808eb46
            0808EB30 6AD9   ldr r1, [r3, #0x2c]
            0808EB32 7808   ldrb r0, [r1, #0x0] @1st
            0808EB34 7010   strb r0, [r2, #0x0]

0808EB36 7848   ldrb r0, [r1, #0x1] @2nd <<<
            0808EB38 7050   strb r0, [r2, #0x1]

0808EB3A 1C88   add r0 ,r1, #0x2
            0808EB3C 62D8   str r0, [r3, #0x2c]
            0808EB3E 3202   add r2, #0x2

0808EB40 7888   ldrb r0, [r1, #0x2]	@search \n (@0001)
            0808EB42 2801   cmp r0, #0x1
            0808EB44 D1F4   bne #0x808eb30
        0808EB46 6AD8   ldr r0, [r3, #0x2c]
1 Like

Please send report7z.

I made a patch to fix this SetName’s problem

NAME.en=Fixed bug where SetName crashes with odd bytes
INFO.en=Fixes a bug in SetName(@0080@0023) for text escape sequences that caused a crash when trying to set a name with an odd number of bytes.\r\nThis is a glitch problem caused by the processing of two bytes in Japanese.\r\nThis patch will fix this process to scan for single bytes.\r\nIf it were any other character encoding, the newline would be 0x01, so there would be no weird side effects.
1 Like

New function.
You can now see the FE6 UnitRAM structure in the Debugger.

But, there is one limitation.
FE6 can hold up to Support10, but currently only Support7 can be seen.

However, other than that, it works correctly.

1 Like

tutorial to add thai language please
I want to translate story for thai people