FE_Builder_GBA -- If you have any questions, attach report7z

Exist a patch of Magic Separation for FE8U?
I only found this patch for FE7U and FE8J

Just finished updating to latest version and my pc said it was the cause of a trojan virus. I’ve been using FEBuilder for the last two months and there hasn’t been a slight problem since the latest patch (t the time of updating date was 10/27/2020).
Is anyone else having this problem?

Every time I’ve tried updating FEBuilder for these last months it freezes when extracting. Reinstalling has not worked.

Febuilder is open source. Please access the github linked in the first post and compile the code yourself if you are worried about it.

Some antivirus programs lock out everything except downloads they recognize, such as chrome installer, or itunes. Febuilder is not high profile enough to be on antivirus whitelists, but it has hundreds of users who haven’t complained along with open source code and an amazing developer who devotes an incredible amount of time to helping out users in using the program. I am not even remotely worried about it, personally.

2 Likes

Can you send a report7z or a log? Are you installing it in a fresh directory with the installer.exe?

SkillSystems for FE8U has a StrMag split, so it certainly exists there. I’m not sure about having it as a standalone hack, but I know that skillsystems without the skills displayed on the stat screen exists by Runa iirc (and with that you could simply give all units/classes zero skills). I’d suggest installing skillsys and running a custom build to revert the stat screen to normal.

Try learned level as 20 or 21. I’m not certain how it works myself, but I vaguely recall someone explaining it before.

If you can’t figure it out, perhaps you should ask on the skillsys thread. 7743 did not make skillsys, he just made an easy to install patch of it for febuilder.

1 Like

I’ve been installing updates with the 3rd button, right here:

Report files work for ROMs rather than the software itself, so it doesn’t help.

For the log.txt file

Have you tried a fresh install with this installer?
https://github.com/FEBuilderGBA/FEBuilderGBA_Installer/releases/download/ver_20200130.17.1/FEBuilderGBA_Downloader.exe

what antivirus you are using? Just configure it in the whitelist of your antivirus

Norton, and it doesn’t have any problems with FEBuilder.

I request forgiveness for this but I have problems again.

Last Problem most recent

You can’t seize because the event pointer of the seize event is 0.
If you do not define event, set it to 1 instead of 0.

1 Like

Thanks, this will help, and about the borders what happen?

I’m also getting the same problem, Windows defender seems to be stopping me from getting it and i’ve used the installer and the 7zip. Also says its trojan.

When I try show two borders to start the chapter the screen freze and I have other problem the point seize isn’t correctly work I can’t seize the gate of castle.

What is “two borders”?
What do you mean?

FEBuilderGBA is often misunderstood as a virus because it uses a tricky way to communicate with the emulator.
If you’re worried, you can download visual stduio and build your own FEBuilderGBA from source code.

In order to get information from the emulator, I use debugging instructions that are also used.
This instruction is used to directly read the memory of the emulator process and display it on the debugger screen.
Perhaps this behavior is misleading antivirus software.

I mean the country shiny. This shiny country:
Shiny Country

I called “border” because FEBuilder calls this way in the menu of the world map image.

Just in case, I scanned FEBuilderGBA with Trend Micro’s online scan, but no virus was detected.

Your “Shiny Country” google drive data couldn’t be accessed because it’s authenticated.

It’s a Worldmap Event problem, right?
Perhaps you can’t enable the borders of two countries at the same time.
Even in vanilla, there is one country highlight.
I don’t think there is a scene that highlights multiple countries at the same time.

Or could I create a “shiny border” more huge for the two countries?