FE_Builder_GBA -- If you have any questions, attach report7z

Just in case, please update FEBuilderGBA to the latest version, and then try applying SKill Systems again.
In the first version I forgot to put the Text data.
This has already been resolved.

If it still doesn’t work, please send report7z.

1 Like

Still had some issues, even after updating. I sent a 7z to the discord.

:slight_smile:

Unfortunately, the issue persists through the update

It seems like a much larger issue than just some missing text. Opening the ROM in a hex editor shows that the data for my custom events was completely wiped, and again, even if reinserted the maps will not load. On a clean, unmodified ROM, the events are not wiped and the prologue map will load, however, the game resets when selecting a unit.

Certainly, there seems to be something wrong.
I’ll investigate, later.
If I can fix it, please contact you again.

1 Like

I fixed the problem.
Please update FEBuilderGBA and try again.

1 Like

Installing the patch to a clean ROM works perfectly, however the same problems remain when I tried to update my previously modified ROM to the new version of the skills system patch

It seems that the update is forcibly rewriting certain data, which would explain why my events are getting cleared, but I’m unsure why reinserting the events through EA doesn’t fix the issue. I thought that maybe the new skills patch was rewriting the ROM with vanilla data, since the places where I inserted my own events get rewritten to FF’s as if I were looking at an unmodified ROM, yet all my pointers seem to be completely unaffected.

1 Like

Your ROM is weird.

Your ROM is on the left.
The right is a vanilla ROM.

You can see that the address where the event is located is different.
Why is the event located at this address in your ROM?

In FEBuilderGBA, SKillSystems is prioritized in the 0x1c1ec0 - 0xF00000 area.
Please do not use this area.

Perhaps you inserted the event by addressing it in the EA, but don’t do that.

1 Like

Ah thank you, you reminded me that I was using Venno’s maunual stat booster ASMC which had also been inserted into that range. Reinserting it fixed my issue.

I have to ask though, why is it that this version of the skills system rewrites so much data? Previous iterations only rewrote relevant data, whereas this one seems to rewrite everything in that 0x1c1ex0-0xf00000 range back to vanilla data. The skills system itself doesn’t take up nearly that much space, so shouldn’t this patch change only the necessary data as previous versions did?

Edit: It also seems to set skill assignments back to their default for classes 0x50 to 0x7f, which again the previous patch did not do. Additionally, all modifiers on all skills are reverted to their vanilla values (e.g I changed Darting Blow to only give 4 AS, after the patch it has reverted to 5 AS).

For some reason FEBuilder deactivates Windows Defender each time I use it.
It even happens with super old versions (from 2018).

Ask the Windows Defender developer.
I don’t know anything

The source code of FEBuilderGBA is available on github.
You can understand that FEBuilderGBA is NOT virus by checking the source code.
If you can’t trust the exe I built, you can build it from source code yourself.

2 Likes

That’s because of the SkillSystems update.
I used to update a much smaller range.
However, SkillSystems is constantly changing the size of its code due to modifications to its routines.
There were a few times when areas that were not updated became debris and it crashed the game.
For this reason, we reserve a certain large area and wipe that area constantly to remove debris.

1 Like

Sorry if this has been covered somewhere else in the previous 2867 posts, but is there a way to add STR/MAG split without the Skill System patch, and inversely, use the Skill Systems patch without the STR/MAG split? I’ve gone through the Patch list in FE Builder, but haven’t found what I’m looking for.

I’m aware that I could do some buildfile shenanigans with Skill System itself, but I’m mostly just being a casual and messing around, and I figured I’d see if there was an easier method currently.

Edit: I see now there’s a patch above with Skill Systems without STR/MAG split. Whoops.

Thanks for the reply. Well, I can’t say I’m looking forward to redoing so much with each skill system update haha, but it’s a small price to pay for the convenience of FEBuilder.

On an unrelated note, I noticed that one of the patches I had used in the previous version of the skill system understandably isn’t updated quite yet. The Legacy Canto patch should write to 0xbbc878 now instead of 0xbbc858. I’ll be sure to let you know if I come across anything similar with other patches. Thanks again for the hard work man.

This is because the addresses assigned when SkillSystems are built are different.
This patch is implemented as follows.

NAME=LegacyCanto(SkillSystems)
IF:$FGREP4 canto.dmp=0x00 0xB5 0xE0 0x7C

//アドレスパッチとして実装します
TYPE=ADDR
TAG=#ENGINE

ADDRESS=$FGREP4ENDA+8 canto.dmp
COMBO=Default: Skill Only|0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00|Change: Skill & Ability|0x01 0x00 0x00 0x00

INFO=Cantoスキルの割り当てを変更します。\r\nディフォルトでは、Skillで指定した場合のみ有効になります。\r\n"Skill & Ability"に変更すると、スキル割り当ての他に、ユニットやクラスのAbilityでもCantoを有効にできます。
INFO.en=Change the assignment of Canto skills.\r\nBy default, it is valid only when specified by Skill.\r\nBy changing to "Skill \u0026 Ability\
INFO.zh=更改Canto技能的分配。\r\n默认情况下,仅在“技能”指定时有效。\r\n通过更改为“技能和能力”,除了技能分配外,您还可以激活Canto的单位和班级能力。

$FGREP4ENDA+8 canto.dmp
$ meen “Macro command.”
F meen “Search from file(canto.dmp)”
GREP4 meen “Search considering 4-byte alignment”
END meen “Get the end address of the match, not the match”
A meen “The matched location is not pointer.”
+8 meen “Add +8 to the match address.”

Impossible.
StrMagSplit requires SkillSystems.

1 Like

If you used Skill Custom Build, you could make a patch that excludes skills from the STR/MAG split.

1 Like

It is possible to remove StrMagSplit from SkillSystems.
It is impossible to remove SkillSystems from StrMagSplit.

“remove StrMagSplit from SkillSystems”
For this, there are ups with a custom build.

If you want to integrate into an existing product, do a CustomBuild yourself.
https://dw.ngmansion.xyz/doku.php?id=en:en:guide:febuildergba:skillsystems_custombuild

1 Like

Hello, this is a report from a fe6 clean Rom, animation 6D, (Fae transforms back to human) can’t be exported using febuilder, but it can be exported using feditor

Edit: It looks like it can’t import it either, it does not import any sprite sheet, if you try to use the script it sends an error message maybe it is a natural error with the native fe6 script and the sprites

To me it looks like 0x6d is broken.
It does not meet the section data specifications.

The section data is data that indicates which byte of the decompressed frame data the mode information is.

Normal data section
00 00 00 00 //mode1
60 01 00 00 //mode2 0x160 byte
C0 02 00 00 //mode3 0x2C0 byte
0C 05 00 00 //mode4 0x50c byte
58 07 00 00 //mode5 0x758 byte

The index of such read data is shown.

0x6d section
00 00 00 00 //mode1 0x000 byte
00 00 00 00 //mode2 0x000 byte
10 80 00 00 //mode3 0x810 byte
00 55 53 FF //mode4 0xff535500 byte
7F BD 5F DA //mode5 0xda5fbd7f byte

The data recorded as mode4 and mode5 are corrupted.
So it can’t be loaded.

Is the animationslot even used or is it just weird unused data? Because the name indicates that it is part of the Fae-manakete and divine dragon classses somehow.