FE_Builder_GBA -- If you have any questions, attach report7z

Probably only works for aera patches only.

1 Like

I ran into a problem. When i try to insert Prominence - FE6 Forblaze using the patch:CSA Creator For FE8U ver2, its says: ‘Unable to load object image’.

We need two things.
Report7z and the magic data that you tried to insert.
I can not answer unless there are these two.

Never mind I found the working version of the spell in: [The Ultimate Graphics Repository for GBAFE, FEXP, and FEXNA] post 276. Sorry about that.

Dropbox

Prominence (FE6 Forblaze).rar

Edit: Here’s the URL you requested.

You should provide a URL.
If you don’t write the URL, I have to look for it, so it’s very troublesome.

Please use the version that I improved.
This version works correctly.

I posted the URL above.

“Prominence (FE6 Forblaze)” works without any problems.

Are you using the latest version of FEBuilderGBA?

If it still doesn’t work, please send report7z.

I think I misspoken. The spell from the open source is broken. The spell I add from the link is normal.

what is “from the open source” ?

I have fixed it so as not to give an error.

1 Like

Ok. Thank you for your assistance.

Is there an option to write data to a specific place in the ROM instead of FEbuilder automatically repointing it?

Currently I’m hacking Fe7 but I noticed my plains tileset data is corrupt. I imported the correct image and pallet data from a clean(ish) Fe 7 rom, but when I write to ROM the changes are saved to 12496BC, which is where tile changes are saved. The correct location for the plains image data is 34C74C.

Regardless of what I do FEBuilder seems set on using the address 12496BC and destroying my ROM’s tilechange data. Can I manually insert the plains image data to 34C74C?

That’s hard.
Images are variable-length data because they are compressed.
In FEBuilderGBA, variable-length data is automatically repointed if it exceeds the existing data size.
Therefore, it can not write to a specific address.

The setting of not repointing can only be done by people who know that there is good data that can be broken after that.
There is no way to tell FEBuilderGBA whether to write without repointing.
In most cases, it is safer to repoint.
Repointing is to not break the data behind.

As a solution, copy paste with HexEditor?
Or, use EA to insert specified ORG.

Because the screen margin is limited, we can not provide a UI that instructs you to write without repointing.
For example, if you hold down the button and press the Write button, will you make a hidden mode like writing without repointing?

Okay thank you. I will go over and use Arch’s map insertion tutorial.

In FE8 US the max number of support partners each character can have is only 7, is there a way to have more support partners? In FE6 Roy can have like 10 partners.

It is not possible because the data structure is different.
I think that is impossible unless reimplementing using ASM.

Hey, 7743, is there a way to detect if FE8’s on easy mode without having the tutorial? When the tutorial’s disabled, there is no way to check if easy mode is activated.

Do you mean ingame?