FE Asset Repository Discussion Thread

Damn. How is my post about tomes with social media logos my most liked reply?

Not gonna lie, that’s kinda funny. Literally made those in like an hour.

5 Likes

I found a mistake with SALVAGED’s Female Lancer battle animation. Apparently, the melee animation needs C04 and C01 paired up, but this is lacking the C04. Similarly, the ranged animation should be C05 and C01, but it has both C04 and C05 instead. This causes melee attacks to freeze the game, but I don’t know how it affects ranged attacks. I hope it gets fixed as soon as possible.

3 Likes

They released a fixed version a while ago: SALVAGED Tactician and Lancer arrive! (Lancer UPDATE) - #10 by ErrantDShepherd

1 Like

@FrecciaVerde In your recent post you uploaded a a link to the the Google drive sign-up page and not the actual file from the drive. I can’t access the file
right now. Thought I would let you know.

Okay, I’m gonna fix it up.

Well, we have Ophanim :3 may be you will do for seraphim and cherubim :3

1 Like

Not necessarily either of these exactly, but there’s a sort of generic/popular-culture-type “Angel” battle sprite in the repo under Magi - Special that has a matching map sprite set and class card to go with it. There’s another Angel battle animation in the same folder, actually, but it’s a bit less polished and doesn’t have matching class card or map sprites to my knowledge.

1 Like

Maybe :3 do it :3 yourself :3

4 Likes

Yo! Green on the Anima icon? Looks really good!

2 Likes

Thank you!

Its doesn’t really work in fegba
the colors get all messed up

Oh… Then you have to change the palette?

maybe? I don’t know I’m not good at palette stuff. I’m more of a gameplay/item editor.

I did use a outside editor so that might have something to do with it as well

So, i wanted to ask since idk if this is just a problem in my end, but some of zelkami’s portraits are broken when downloaded (namely AmidElder), which is a shame since there are some neat portraits and i wanted to try a hand at making blinking and talking frames to be insertable, also to ask if they are F2E as well just in case (ik it says F2E in the repo but you can never be sure lol)

Everything that’s in the repo is F2U, and if a specific folder or file says F2E, it’s F2E. If you’re really not sure, you can ask the creator directly. But also, if you’re doing a fix and not a major edit, it’s still welcome. But you should ask the creator still, just in case, if it doesn’t say F2E.

I’ve asked to make edits of other people’s stuff before, and they generally say yes. Just ask nicely.

TLDR: If it says F2E, it’s F2E. If not, ask.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s questionable that Zelkami’s stuff is there given it’s all unformatted splices with jpeg artifacts. You’d be better off recreating the splices yourself lol

They’re not broken perse - they were just saved in a wrong format (jpeg). Feel free to fix any of them, I too consider some to be quite cool.

I could delete them but it would be a loss.

On the topic of F2E portraits, are they free to splice from? (Unless of course the artist says otherwise?) Some spriters designate certain mugs as being free to splice, even portraits that are not F2U but are free to splice from. But if something is F2E is it automatically free to splice from?

F2E means free to splice from, yes. Because you’re inherently using it as EDITING material. Unless the creator says otherwise, I belive.

People use F2E mugs for splicing all the time, but it can get complicated if you designate the resultant mug as F2E as well, since you can end up with a splice chain and credits can get lost.

Bro that post was in 2018