FE Asset Repository Discussion Thread

Left’s name was Ephraim, I think. His design was clearly used for Klein in the final FE6.

Oh hey, it’s Klein and…Catharcher? Yeah, I’ve got nothing.

I heard it was Ike.

Ike was Roy’s name early in development. He looked more like Leif if anything.

FEBuilderGBA will work with any number of miss terminators.

"~", "~~~"  both are the same.

However, if you need three other processors, then use “~~~” when exporting.
From the latest version, I changed it to output three when exporting.

1 Like

I mean, a lot of stuff looks inspirated by older FE games in FE6, like some of the chapters looking very similar to FE5’s (like Chapter 19 from the Sacae route looking pretty similar to the infamous chapter 14 of Thracia) or that the starting squad is almost identical to FE1’s, since we have the Jeigan, the Christmas Cavaliers, the Doga, the Gordin, and the Lord. The only one missing is the pegasus knight, who joins in the next chapter anyways. I also noticed that the Ogma and the axe bros join in the second chapter of their games in both FE1 and FE6.

1 Like

10%? He doesn’t even have a scar. I’d say that’s 7% more edgy at most.

Jk, great work. I do like the contrast compared to his young versions much more mellow and somber expressions. Makes me curious how you’d do an older Ninian too.

12 Likes

She dead tho

1 Like

only if you chose the inferior route where she stays in elibe

Potentially, yes.

I wasn’t quite asking you to make it, more wondering about your potential take on the concept. Your Fae was very feminine and soft, your Nils has more of an edge and a kind of…anger to it. It made wonder what your version of an older Ninian would be like is all.

I’m not sure why her being dead or not matters that much though from a hypothetical standpoint. I hope I don’t sound rude, I was just curious.

I’ll let this subject be now though, I don’t want to clog up the thread with off-topic texty posts.

1 Like

Someone’s going through their teenage years…

1 Like

No, it’s OK. I was just not planning on making an Older Ninian mug.
His edge is kinda based on that he misses his sister

So the male knife assassin tweak here has a bit of a goof. I accidentally left in the vanilla “double team” code that occurs when you proc lethality, which causes visual glitches when used in custom animations (and is inconsistent with the female knife assassin which doesn’t use that code). Whoops. Here’s a fix.

3 Likes

Oh, my god. These are so gorgeous. Thank you also for formatting them properly so I can directly add them to the repo instead of lazily throwing them into a WIP folder.

Gotta tackle that WIP folder someday soon…

5 Likes

Let’s freaking GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

1 Like

Very nice work!! I love the ice effects you’ve added. That really gives it the right feeling.
My only nitpick with it is that the breath is kinda stretched, which reduces its quality a bit.
Do you think that can be fixed? o3o

1 Like

It’s original(spec) that Breath extends during ranged attacks.
Take a look at the original Dragon Zombie’s Ranged Breath Animation.
20210603_225208

I think you need to extend the Breath so that it can land at a long distance. So, I’m very sorry, but it’s pretty tough to fix.
(> <):sweat_drops:

2 Likes

Oh, maybe my wording has been a bit off, sorry. I think the distance of the animation is fine.

I mean that the individual frames of the animation are stretched tiny, instead of being in a normal size like the other breath animations. That causes the quality to go down in-game and makes it look more… pixelated?

for reference, some frames:

Wretched Breath

Spell_b_014

Ice Breath

Melee Breath_b_018

I wanted to make it!
But I gave up!
Thank you very much.

2 Likes