FE Asset Repository Discussion Thread

I’m oracle_of_fire actually.

And I never noticed the glitch with the Hand Axe animation. Thanks for the fix.

2 Likes

Noob question: can these animations be inserted using buildfiles/EA? I’ve been inserting them with FEBuilder, but have tired of re-doing that every time I want to update the skill system, etc in the base ROM. Most of the instructions I can find require FEditor (like circles’s Animation Assembler), but I would like to use only EA if that’s an option. Thanks much!

1 Like

Yes, you need to run the .bin (feditor format) through Animation Assembler. If it gives an error, just import in builder, export as .bin and then try again.

2 Likes

Thanks, re-exporting through FEBuilder seems to have fixed the errors I was experiencing.

There seems to be an error in the animation you linked. The sword switches between the Rapier and the Sealed Sword in the melee crit (and other areas), and the magic flashing is misplaced on the ranged crit. You may or may not already have this criticism, and I may have downloaded the wrong version, but I just wanted to point that out.

Aren’t we all?

5 Likes

Finally. I was waiting for this. Thank you Pikmin. (And everyone that helped)

I know the repository for all graphic resources is kept in the link below.

However, I suggest the site manager to do a check every time updates are done. I think some files are actually lost during updates. I sometimes get errors with FEBuilder about missing frames during import and when I check, there really are missing frames. Some files don’t have the .dmp files so you can’t import the bin file.

I’ve mostly experienced these in the vanilla Paladin and Grand Paladin animations. I only managed to import those animations because I have an older version of the repository.

1 Like

That might be an issue with Yeti’s tool, which removes duplicate frames and repairs scripting issues. It could have messed up those animations. Can you list exactly which ones have issues specifically? All the animations, just swords, lances, etc?

1 Like

Sword for the Grand Paladin done by Nuramon. And the script with comments and the dmp file is missing for the Axe animation of the “vanilla” Paladin, the one with the hand axe animation combined with the melee axe animation.

The sword animation of the helmetless wyvern rider also has a missing frame, I think.

2 Likes

There’s a buttload of animations, so it’s almost impossible to check all manually. I’ll also add that there’s always the possibility for FEBuilder to bork an export, which I’ve caught a few times. But please report any problems you have so we can keep making things better. I’ve added your reports to my todo!

Side note: @7743, I’m not sure if anyone has suggested this, but if you wanted to add the functionality of Yeti’s gif tool to FEBuilder’s animation export that’d be helpful for simplifying the process and may be preferable for you, too. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1OF4jH0t4fOiTj6kAa7kR6BHHHdg0-KE4

1 Like

Regarding your sweet F!Assassin Bow, it’s not a huge deal, but, like the male version, it has the midriff covered. We don’t have any F!Assassins with full shirt yet, so if anyone wants to eliminate sexism make things uniform, they could make the midriff Bow Assassins or the full shirt female Assassin.

1 Like

FEBuilder can already export animations as gifs?

The problem is that the gifs are mistimed and the export all functionality duplicates the frames: 1 set for without comment; 1 set for with.

@sniper_zero I downloaded all of the reported animations and they work fine, aren’t missing anything on my end. The best thing I can recommend at the present time is to redownload and report any more issues as they arise.

Good catch. I’ll cobble together the belly shirt version tomorrow.

Okay, thanks for checking. I’ll try and re-download the repository again.

Excuse a noob: What exactly is the use of the sheet.pngs in each folder?

Sheets are used for FEditor format (.bin). This is generally the superior format for sharing animations because it’s more compact and it can hold custom team palette data.

Thank you very much.

Edit: Has anyone ever tried a Warrior repalette?

The problem is that the gifs are mistimed

Please explain more specifically.
I’m timing with great accuracy, but is it still out of timing?
Please explain in detail to correct the problem.