FE Asset Repository Discussion Thread

Yooooo, it’s Metroid himself.

7 Likes

Broke: Galzus appearing on turn 15

Woke: SA-X appearing on turn 15

7 Likes

I just want to ask, is it possible to get a Samus sprite where she isn’t looking “over her shoulder” but instead straight forward? The head angle is pretty awkward if you wanted to use it ingame, and I’m not a fan of the broken-neck poses some mug-makers use.

That would be super terrifying. Every FE and Metroid fans’ worse fear would soon become.

2 Likes

well, that’s because her armor shoulders are freakin’ ridiculous man, i had to resize them in order to make everything fit in the hackbox.
someone could eventually try to draw her profile, but even then they would still have to deal with a huge chunk of armor covering her head.
the way i represented that armor was to incorporate every possible detail, but if other artists around here want to give it a try, they’re more than welcome to do so.

don’t worry about the Zero Suit though, i promise you that’s gonna have a decent angle.
i just finished the lineart, by the way. time to paint her~

3 Likes

Isn’t it facing the wrong way?

If the angle’s good enough for Ross, it’s good enough for Samus. :triumph:

2 Likes

…aaaaand here goes my sanity.

alright, i guess that’s enough stuff for today.
gotta take a break, otherwise tomorrow i’ll probably get devastated by notifications on log in :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

The map sprites are good, but please export the animations from the rom properly via the method outlined in this guide. They aren’t repo formatted, whereas if they were I could immediately add them.

ok i think it’s fixed :+1:

Sort of. You need to ‘export all’ from the rom and name the files properly. Like, when you export, name them ‘Staff’ which makes them work properly with the repo website.

(So, not cyc or whatever, but Staff)

It seems like a small thing and only takes five minutes. But, if five people don’t format properly, five minutes of work for each of them becomes 25 for me. I don’t want to be mean but I am a very busy klok :weary:

aight how’s this

2 Likes

There you go, baybey! Perfect!

Edit: Actually one other thing. What is the Adventurer class? No such class exists in the repo. I looked at all of Nuramon’s animations.

1 Like

It’s for Nuramon’s Marksman. The map sprites, staff usage, and general design are from Fates’s Adventurer

1 Like

Hmm… should I rename Marksman to Adventurer? I’m not oppoosed.

Edit: Nah. I’ll keep it as-is. I added stuff, looks good!

1 Like

God how I feared the SA-X the first time.

1 Like

This is going to save me some time later. Thanks, Klok + Jey.

Oh god, so much better than mine. That Uther’s armor, especially. You cleaned up shop :laughing:

1 Like

…Well shit. I guess I’ll add yours too!

Uther and the gang gonna have so many chibi options :eyes:

1 Like

We has the same idea, I did a bunch of them for my hack last year, but I only shared them in FEUniverse recently, they’re in a folder here. It amazes me some of them are exactly equal, but I didn’t make the flying fortress one or the ice cave one you’re sharing, but you can find more here (they’re in the backgrounds folder): FE8Reloaded - Google Drive

3 Likes