FE Asset Repository Discussion Thread

“Let’s go.”

• Zero, Mega Man Zero 2
1 Like

https://i.imgur.com/jca6Fvz.gif

well, guess i’ll have to learn how to properly do minis soon or later.
i know there’s probably scaling involved, but i guess there’s more to it than just doing that.
nice edits, by the way.

on a side note: does anyone know/remember this little fella?

i sure do, and guess what? i just discovered a decent amount of materials for a new battle frame.
that will probably come tomorrow though, as i’m about to go off and be done for today.
stay tuned~

2 Likes

It’s that sword perhaps from a certain “epic” game?

1 Like

I can see stars.

Now, can you put them in a zip file too, please? If it was in the post, I didn’t see it.

1 Like

Sorry if this comes off as a stupid question, but when a credit is listed as “Unknown” in the Repo, is that someone’s username or does that mean the sprite has been around a long time and no one knows who the original creator was?

the latter

1 Like

this is epic

Dat shield throw though

As always, it’s the same energy.

4 Likes

Lord Leif has the power of Captain America at his side. Ready to take down the Red Travant.

1 Like

This shit is good

Spectacular, as always.

5 Likes

I’ve just gone through and updated the Music Repo to have folders smaller than 1000 files. This, after spotting some useful criticism on FEUcord that I wish had been, say, posted here in this thread where it would be easier to see.

I happened to search ‘repo’ on there and found all sorts of useful/actionable criticism that could be used to improve the repo, yet wasn’t posted somewhere I’d usually see it. It’s almost like people would rather complain about the repo’s issues rather than bring them up in a place where I can see and act to fix the problems.

What useful criticism. If you have a problem with the credits, feel free to pose an alternative, point out the ones you have an issue with, and so on. Or just complain ‘credits suck lul’.

The dichotomy of opinions. Which one is correct? Dunno.

The repo isn’t perfect. Never was, never has been, never will be. I swapped to Github for a variety of reasons. The number one reason? Google Drive sucks ass. It’s awful to upload to. I would push out an update and have to wait a WEEK. A WEEK. For like 20MBs of files to properly upload. Because they kept failing.

I’m never going back to Google Drive. If someone else wants to make their own repo with Google Drive, feel free. If you want to clone the current repo, rework it, and make your own that will be so much better than the Repo I’ve made, by all means, be my guest. I will never again put myself through the mental torture that is Google Drive. I’d sooner shove toothpicks into my fingernails.

So anyway. Music Repo is easier to navigate.

Peace :vulcan_salute:

18 Likes

Well spoken, we must remember after all that this repo is quite unique, it’s definitely not something that should be taken for granted that it works as well as it does. In the end, the spirit of community is what has made the repository possible with the thousands of amazing submissions in there. But it can be a good reminder that you don’t need to be amazing at graphics or music to contribute. Discussing structure, helping out with organization of the repo. All of these things can be done by most people and if you have an idea that most will agree with, then it is not a huge hurdle to contribute with this yourself :slight_smile:

16 Likes

In the interests of making the Repo easier to understand, I have updated the top level info page, the Readme.md.

You can view the full thing here:

If anyone has suggestions for other important things worth adding, let me know.

7 Likes

ok so i didnt actually realize that you could give feedback on this thread

ive noticed that downgit simply refuses to download some files, citing a URL error.
perhaps something should be done about this unless the error is on my side.

4 Likes

Yeah, the download links you find on the Readme.md files just don’t work sometimes. I always always recommend the Gitzip browser extension (tutorial here). Takes ten seconds to setup, so much easier.

Downgit is a hacky solution we made for really lazy people, and it sometimes just doesn’t work. If you insist on using it, then try again after an hour when the servers have less load.

Image of the specific tutorial.

1 Like

Definitely useful to have a Manakete in its human form.

Heaven’s Gate?

As in, the sword from Epic Battle Fantasy?

Golden crossguard, red crystal, red lines that go down the center of the blade…

THAT’S THE HEAVEN’S GATE FROM EPIC BATTLE FANTASY!

Fricking nice, man!

2 Likes