FE Asset Repository Discussion Thread

The PR was a one-click solution for me. Thanks for the addition!

It would require more clicks if it was formatted improperly, but you followed the repo’s guidelines, so it worked great!

PS: For anyone who doesn’t know…

I made a post about using the Repo, one which includes a Contributor section at the bottom. It’ll teach you how to submit animations through a Pull Request.

3 Likes

you can repair the version of the sword so that it does not have errors when changing the colors?

A Master Ranger Class? That’s a class crazy enough to work.

1 Like

I added this to the repo, updated your PR, and updated it again just to be sure. Thanks for formatting this properly.

3 Likes

blueprint

There was an image like a blueprint, so I processed it and created it.
Since the original is in the public domain, this image should also be in the public domain.

Original image:

If you erase Bruce Partington’s name and write in any name you like, you may be able to use it as a prop for your game.
This image is in the public domain and does not claim any rights, so you are free to use it.

2 Likes

not the rangers we got, but the rangers we deserve (seriously though the mercenary on a horse look of these rangers fit so much better for a merc promotion than a stupid nomadic trooper reskin)

6 Likes

what game is this tileset from?

Final Fantasy 6, in the Magitek Research Facility, if I’m remembering correctly

5 Likes

It is based on the map of the FF6 laboratory.
Based on that data, I changed the color and size so that it can be reproduced with GBAFE.

1 Like

These use more than 16 colours. Do you have a TSA that works with these?

i literally just cut the borders on the left/right sides and added a black line at the bottom in order to keep it clean and with the same size of FE battle backgrounds. nothing else was changed, and those sprites come from GBA games, so i honestly have no idea if they’re fully compatible or not.
could be a matter of reducing the overall colors to 16, or eventually working around color limits.

YES COMRADE, THEY ARE!
AND WHILE WE’RE AT IT, HERE, HAVE AN AZURA FROM FATES:

6 Likes

Either these were displayed in 256-colour mode, or different tiles use different palettes. In the former case, adapting them to FE8 is going to require some tinkering with how backgrounds are displayed. In the latter case, either you’d have to reduce the colours to 16, so each tile can use the same palette or you need a TSA to import alongside the background to ensure the right palettes are used for the right tiles.

the problem is that even though you can reduce the color limit, the quality of the images will drop a bit.
i’ve just checked the color limits in photoshop, they are indeed far more than 16. no idea why they render that way in the raw sprite format.
here’s a paragon between the original rips that i edited( on the left ), and the 16 color version( on the right ):

the difference isn’t that big in terms of visuals, but if you check the small details like the fire shades, you’ll see there’s something missing.
i’m not really into rom hacking, so i can’t help with messing around presets and system features.

in any case, reducing the overall amount of colors seems to be the easy/quick way to fix the compatibility issue, but if someone else can manage to bring the original render into the game without working on the palettes, then good for them i guess.

1 Like

When you post a bunch of images like that, please include a zip file link :slight_smile:

Also I’ll add Jey’s Salvaged edit to the repo, since it’s formatted properly!

1 Like

I mean… if you don’t zip those images up that you posted, I’m not gonna go through, right click, save, and rename each of them one by one. You have them on your pc now, all named properly. So, bundling them into a zip and uploading them would take you less time than it would take me to do the work myself.

It’s a matter of time efficiency.

I can put a color reduced image set in the repo for GBA users, while retaining the full color version for Tactile and LT users.

1 Like

had on my pc. i usually don’t keep my stuff around for too long after i put it here :sweat_smile:
the files should always keep their original names though, even if they’re written sort-of-like-this when you open a new window to show just the image.
anyway, let’s see if i did this right: FF GBA II & V backgrounds.7z - Google Drive

that’s the download link for the .7z file with all the backgrounds in it.
if the .zip file is alright, good, if not let me know and i’ll try something else.
( i’ll always save my stuff in my own gallery for safety though, since i’m not gonna throw away hours of editing for sure~ )

3 Likes

Dunno if I added this to the repo or not, because the link is private.

2 Likes

There, it should be fine now
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=19iJDZYGMBF7LMx9sb257852kmZZrrnjZ
(This was however not formated properly yet)

1 Like

Just the one Sword animation? Nothing else?