FE Asset Repository Discussion Thread

I like the classifications but i don’t know if Greil lord’s the best example for this since it’s a pretty blatant Hector edit. Like, an extensive edit, with some original bits, but still a variant.

So i decided to use the old general and this is what happens, he’s a little broken.I m not askin to fix it, hell you guys might not care which i understand. I know no one uses this old school general. But for anybody like me decides to use it this is what it look like during close combat animations.

Looks like the General is using his General stand.

4 Likes

Could you credit Leo_link and Spud too? I only did the Male Improvement + Female version.

1 Like

-With the power of my stand THE WALL I am impervious to most forms of damage!
-You utter fool! my HAMMER TIME will easily slip past even the smallest of cracks in your defence
-N-NANI!?

Yo, Nice Hank!

youre just gonna drop a high quality animation like that huh

1 Like

Just noticed an error, there are some Tiki portraits in the gaiden/echoes section when they should be divided in the Akaneia and awaekening sections

1 Like

now ewan can get staff exp

2 Likes

Hey everyone.

I did it.

I have completely overhauled the Battle Animation Repository!

(Minus the Non-FE folder but it’s super low priority and I’m a little dead inside so just ignore it for now)

The top-level directory:

As you can see, we no longer use that archaic sword/axe/lance system. Even when I first made it, some people vocally criticized it to the ends of the Earth. Now, it is gone.

There is still a lot of work to do. I still have a super-post planned explaining the new stuff, but for now, you may feel free to browse the new directories. There are probably some animations I can, should, and will move elsewhere, but for now this feels like a really solid effort.

This new system features animation ‘types’ and ‘archetypes’ rather than focusing on their base weapon types. This makes most things flow better, but there are some questionable parts. For example, should Valks and Mageknights count as Mounted, or Magi? There’s an infinite argument for this kind of stuff, so if that’s where anyone wants to direct their energy, feel free! Don’t expect me to make any huge, sweeping changes without presenting a really good argument, though.

In the meantime, I have fallen way behind on too many things to list them out. Here are my upcoming plans for the repo:

1. Integrate all the animations people have posted which have yet to be added to the repo.
  2. Integrate the “Insertable - Needs Improvement” folder into the main repo. Thanks to the Credits section, we can now see which animations have issues.
  3. Further refine these new categories. I plan to keep the Special Magi folder intact, since several animations in there could go elsewhere. Maybe a Crossover category-folder is needed, too? Maybe not?

What I would like from you guys:

Browse the animation-level folders. Look at the credits. Tell me which ones I’ve gotten wrong. Trust me, I know they exist. I put several (???) indicators in various credit files. Those are just the ones I noticed.

Ideally, I want all credits to be as good as this one:
https://github.com/Klokinator/Fire-Emblem-Graphics-Repository/tree/main/Battle%20Animations/Infantry%20-%20Knights%2C%20Generals%2C%20Armors/[Zephiel-Reskin]%20[M]%20King%20Zephiel%20Generic

There are also animations like this one, where I list things the community could improve:

If you guys could take the time to point out animations with longstanding issues, I can add those as notes into the credit files.

Additionally, if people notice any animations I’ve credited to the wrong “primary creator”, such as maybe Caellach not primarily being made by Aruka as listed above, LMK.

I will make a separate thread for this "Let’s improve the Repo!’ effort. For now, though, you can post here.

That’s all. I’ll post the big, huge, gigantic repo update changelog in the future. For now, I’m fucking tired.

17 Likes

Also, just in case this isn’t clear, because I still have people not notice this:

Scroll past the top level folders on Github! We have previews with images and gifs now!

Like just scroll down, guys :weary:

9 Likes

Congrats on finishing this gargantuan task! Shifting to github was the best thing for the repo.

1 Like

Looks damn good.

1 Like

Ladies and Gentlemen, we got him.

1 Like

Really important:

If anyone here has Javascript experience, please DM me.

I need some pretty small but very important fixes made so the Repo functions better and takes up less space.

Seriously. It’ll help the whole community.

2 Likes

You did a damn good job for all of us. Thank you.

1 Like

Real bandits wear turtlenecks.

4 Likes

Another big change to the Battle Animation Repo.

NO MORE CLASS CARD SECTION!

Well, more specifically, I moved all of the class cards out of the Class Card folder in the root repo and put them inside the new Class-type sections.

[AAA] CLASS CARDS FOR THIS CATEGORY
This is what you want. Go here and you’ll find any available class cards for that section. I went over them pretty carefully.

The FE8 Lords folder does not have any class cards. If you want a generic lord though, I put all of those in the FE6-7 Lords folder instead.

This means you no longer have to deal with the HUUUUUGE class card folder with 400 files in it. Things are a bit more manageable.

What’s that? You want to know if Map Sprites will get the same treatment?

Yup. In time.

I haven’t added all of the missing Class Cards yet, just keep in mind. I have a folder of CC’s to import to Lex Talionis for my Super LT project. Once I import them, I’ll add them to the repo with the rest.

Proof:

The same is true of map sprites. I have a bunch I need to import into LT, but I just haven’t had time yet.

I need to not only import map sprites though, I also need to overhaul the map sprite repo. Expect more on that front in the future. It’s not as much work as what I did with the Battle Animation Repo, but it is a lot.

Oh, and I have a backlog of battle animations to add to the repo, too. These are just the ones I postponed while upgrading the repo. They can now be added when my volunteers all figure out how github works.

7 Likes

Did you think I was done? You were wrong.

NO MORE MAP SPRITE SECTION!

Well, more specifically, I moved all of the map sprites out of the Map Sprite folder in the root repo and put them inside the new Class-type sections.

[AAA] MAP SPRITES FOR THIS CATEGORY
All map sprites are in these folders, now.

Well, sort of. There is another folder in the root-level Battle Animation folder…

ZZZ - RANDOM MAP SPRITES +APDATA
If you are a romhacker, all APData can be found here. Additionally, a whole bunch of random villagers, sleeping/dead units, Crossover map sprites from games like Advance Wars, etc… you can find all that in this random folder. I’ll sort some of them out to better places for later.

So, yeah! This actually only took me 5 hours of hard work, as opposed to 50. Thank god for Bulk Rename Utility. This tool is a godsend.

Now that I have overhauled the repo fully, I can get to work adding my backlog of unadded stuff.

Oh, and the big update post is coming. I’ll address lots of stuff then.

5 Likes

This project is amazing. Thank you for your hard work and to everyone else that contributed as well!

3 Likes