FE Asset Repository Discussion Thread

But i find drive more useful… I’m just asking, I’m not saying that github shouldn’t be used…

If you want to update it yourself, I can give you the ‘keys’ to the old repo. I’m certainly not going to work with Gdrive anymore. From a contributor’s standpoint, it’s beyond awful.

Also I feel I should reiterate this:

The new Repo rework is a big work in progress. I haven’t posted much about it, beyond my posts a few hours ago, because I don’t want people to have to deal with constant updates. I’m updating the Github silently, and when I’m done, I will solicit opinions, criticisms, and feedback.

Not before, after. I’m also way too busy right now working 8 hours a day on this repo to write up what will surely be a gigantic update post. This is basically the biggest update in the repo’s history since I made the original version of the repo back in 2017.

While I’m not yet giving access to the Repo Discord, I will soon and I’ve already started inviting specific people one by one. In the meantime, to keep people updated on this gigantic new update’s progress, I have added ‘progress bars’ to the battle animation category folders.

‘50%’ Done means I have completed Phase 1 for that folder.
‘100%’ Done means I have completed Phase 1 and 2.
‘In Progress’ indicates the folder I am presently working on.
‘WIP’ means I have not yet touched that folder.

As for what Phase 1/2 means:

So now the community can follow along with my progress. This is not a 1-day affair, it will probably require a week or two of furious effort and hard work, so please try to be patient. When I finish, I will solicit the community for feedback and revise further after that.

PS: If anyone has Javascript experience, please DM me. I could use some help making the repo work with other, non-battle-animation folders. I’d like to adjust the Readme-getter to work with all the other aspects of the repo, if possible.

4 Likes

Yeah, I’d like to try updating it… DM me with the “keys” or something

You’ll have to DM me your email address.

That berserker got so mad his face melted.

I love this mans hair, so noble looking

1 Like

Fufufu…

This is the most someone has ever loved the two of them.

5 Likes

YO! Can I use that Idunn portrait? The eyes look really good!

3 Likes

Of course! Since I posted it here, it’s F2U!

2 Likes

He has a better armor than the guys in Awakening, at least. How do they manage to move and swing their lances while stuffed in those trash cans is beyond my comprehension.

2 Likes

I couldn’t agree more. There’s something beautiful is the more simplistic designs of yore.

2 Likes

hey look it’s chads younger brother, virgin!

edit: HOW IS THIS MY FIRST NICE REPLY!?

11 Likes

Virgin Astolfo vs Chad Chad.

2 Likes

I’ll post a micro-update here today.

I’ve finished Phase 1 all the way to the end of T2 Magi. Originally, T1/2 Magi were in the same folder, but I split them apart purely for my sanity. Both folders have a total of nearly 200 classes inside, so I I wanted to cut the work into smaller pieces.

Meanwhile, Cavs T1 and 2 have fewer folders than either of the now-split-apart magi folders. The same is true of fliers and monsters. All together, the remaining cavs/fliers/monsters folders have about as many animations as the T1-2 magi folders, so they should get finished before the end of the month, along with Phase 2 of the repo, signaling the end of the Battle Animation folder rework.

Regarding Phase 2. P2 is a very tricky phase. There are many ways I could reorganize the repo. The original method was like so:

Infantry (180+ Animation folders)
Lords/Refreshers/Unique (90ish)
Magi (180+)
Cavs/Armors (80ish)
Fliers (50ish)
Monsters (90ish)

So… how to reorganize the battle animation repo now? I’m not sure. Phase 2 is going to result in an absolute shit-ton of experimentation. My current WIP examples aren’t good enough. Magi need to be sub-divided further, while Infantry, which have been subdivided 4x already, are pretty lopsided.

Axes: 71 Folders
Swords: 148
Lances: 26
Bows: 73

So… I’ll probably try some experimental stuff and see how I can arrange the folders intelligently. That being said, my primary goal is to put things of a like nature together. This means I want Brigands to be together, Pirates to be together, Mercenaries to be together, and so on.

We currently have *15 top-level Category folders for the Battle Anim repo. I will probably expand this to more like 30, or even 40. I care most about grouping important stuff together so people who say “I want to get some axe wielders” will find what they want easily.

Anyway, I’ll have more to say about this by the month’s end. This necessary by agonizing repo rework is coming along well so far, minus my will to live. See the progress here:

2 Likes

That reminds me of this meme.

16 Likes

They look amazing!

1 Like

Looks like an infantry elincia.

Heck yeah dude! This tileset is gonna be a lot more versatile now. My main issue was always how constrictive the interiors felt.

3 Likes

The Law of Sacae is that there are no buildings other than tents
/s

4 Likes