FE Asset Repository Discussion Thread

I get the name changes, but do we really need “Boobzerker”?

Can we please name it something less childish? “FEGirls F!Berserker” would work fine.

2 Likes

That’s what people have called it for years. Boobzerker, and Tittyzerker. I can’t think of a better name… other than FEGirls-style.

2 Likes

That sounds like a much better alternative.

6 Likes

Before:

After:

This is why I renamed the Deserter, at least temporarily. I wanted it away from the Halbs.

Lance folder names are very much WIP. I have a whole document with sorting issues I have to fix.

I’d like to say I love the shift to Github, but I’ve got one complaint. The filepaths are REALLY long! I had to change where I put the repository in my local file structure to avoid filepaths approaching 250ish characters (which is around the default filepath length on Windows). Ignore me if this is unreasonable at the moment, but could we err towards filepaths being shorter rather than longer?

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m working on that. All part of the big update. Takes time renaming 2,000 folders though.

3 Likes

Can someone give that man a medal already? It’s just impressive what this guy is doing for the community!

medal Here is something to start with, Klok! Awesome work, thanks for doing this!

10 Likes

Well I think these are the names the people that contributed the assets labeled them with.

Is the drive repo going to be updated anymore? I mean in parallel to the github one…

1 Like

Why? Github is clearly superior.

But i find drive more useful… I’m just asking, I’m not saying that github shouldn’t be used…

If you want to update it yourself, I can give you the ‘keys’ to the old repo. I’m certainly not going to work with Gdrive anymore. From a contributor’s standpoint, it’s beyond awful.

Also I feel I should reiterate this:

The new Repo rework is a big work in progress. I haven’t posted much about it, beyond my posts a few hours ago, because I don’t want people to have to deal with constant updates. I’m updating the Github silently, and when I’m done, I will solicit opinions, criticisms, and feedback.

Not before, after. I’m also way too busy right now working 8 hours a day on this repo to write up what will surely be a gigantic update post. This is basically the biggest update in the repo’s history since I made the original version of the repo back in 2017.

While I’m not yet giving access to the Repo Discord, I will soon and I’ve already started inviting specific people one by one. In the meantime, to keep people updated on this gigantic new update’s progress, I have added ‘progress bars’ to the battle animation category folders.

‘50%’ Done means I have completed Phase 1 for that folder.
‘100%’ Done means I have completed Phase 1 and 2.
‘In Progress’ indicates the folder I am presently working on.
‘WIP’ means I have not yet touched that folder.

As for what Phase 1/2 means:

So now the community can follow along with my progress. This is not a 1-day affair, it will probably require a week or two of furious effort and hard work, so please try to be patient. When I finish, I will solicit the community for feedback and revise further after that.

PS: If anyone has Javascript experience, please DM me. I could use some help making the repo work with other, non-battle-animation folders. I’d like to adjust the Readme-getter to work with all the other aspects of the repo, if possible.

4 Likes

Yeah, I’d like to try updating it… DM me with the “keys” or something

You’ll have to DM me your email address.

That berserker got so mad his face melted.

I love this mans hair, so noble looking

1 Like

Fufufu…

This is the most someone has ever loved the two of them.

5 Likes

YO! Can I use that Idunn portrait? The eyes look really good!

3 Likes

Of course! Since I posted it here, it’s F2U!

2 Likes