FE Asset Repository Discussion Thread

Comrdes! I have a request (but it’s only a request :v)

Who created Celica’s animation? I want to ask if someone may change Celica’s pallete to fit Eirika from FE8.

May the creator could give permission and someone could recolour her? (I don’t have the skill to do it)

1 Like

That Celica animation is credited to RedBean and Jeorge_Reds in the repo (were they not properly credited when you tried finding that anim?).

Generally I think it’s accepted that recoloring F2U anims is acceptable, since otherwise we would be very limited in being able to use them for hacks.

3 Likes

They were but I’m a ‘‘little’’ careless and didn’t see the names :v.
I also asked both of them permission to use and recolour it. So I need to wait.

This is something I already had sitting around. Here you go.

lorm_sp1 lorm_sp1 lorm_sp1

22 Likes

That is BEAUTIFUL. Thanks EldritchAbomination!
(Your name will be in my private hack credits)

2 Likes

Is this a repalette?

Other than the placement of some colors, it’s just a repalette of the Princess Celica animation from the repo. I do not recall changing anything else.

1 Like

Are those hearts? What are they for?

Hm. The problem is, they’re really small and hard to see. There’s 16x16 pixels of room, yet they’re half the size of any other similar weapon or skill icon. It’d be nice if they were the standard icon size and actually used up that 16x16 space.

1 Like

Hey y’all. I can no longer find the griffon rider/arbalest class cards in the repo. What happened to them?

Ooh, I replaced all of the class cards… might have missed those two. I’ll check and see if I can find them again.

Edit: Is this the Arbalest you were looking for? I added it to the repo. Still looking for the Griffon Rider…

Edit: Scoured my Gdrive trash, scoured FEU… didn’t see a griffon knight class card anywhere. Are you sure it exists?

1 Like

Yes, that one. It was missing from the repo.

I just wasn’t sure of the class’s name, but the one you linked is the one I meant.

1 Like

Finally. A helmet item icon. (The other stuff is cool too.)

1 Like

Wow, great first post, it’s always nice when someone joins the community and immediately starts sharing their work!

I would like to mention, however, that if you’re not familiar with using GBA colors, they would greatly improve all of these sprites. Right now, your sprites don’t blend in with the color palettes of any existing GBA characters.

If you could edit your sprites, or submit additional versions with them using GBA colors (In addition to the colors you’ve chosen) that would be excellent! All you have to do is copy the colors from characters on this sheet. FE8 characters are best, as FE6/7 characters tend to use a less saturated palette. Just pick someone like Marisa and use her hair colors for pink, or Joshua for red, or Tana for dark blue… etc.

The reason I suggest this is not only because your characters won’t blend in with the GBA characters as they are now, they actually look kind of sickly with the skin and hair tones you chose, like walking zombies or something. Unless that was your goal? In which case good job.

But in any case, great first post!

2 Likes

thanks for the tip, I didn’t know about that. I’ll re-submit some revised portraits here soon

sorry to double post, but here is a folder with the revised versions of my portraits

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1jrYoWBtFJs8SLE–KdQf4TLRXb7c2B2R?usp=sharing

3 Likes

Wow! That is a huge improvement! I’ll add the GBA and non-GBA color versions to the repo. Thanks for taking the criticism :slight_smile:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1z7XeHqANJ4wC60WORrV0FvsI0mAyzZld

Edit ^Done!

I’ve been hard at work today. Not only did I add all of the Annas and Jakes from Round 1 of the CCC, as well as the Ephraims and Eirikas from the still-ongoing Round 2 of the CCC, but I also added the last of the Mug Blitz characters too. I even added the mugs people posted in this topic.

That alone? Lots of work. Got 'er done.

But it wasn’t all.

I’ve totally overhauled the Non-FE Characters Folder in the Portrait Repo.

Behold! Non-FE Properties - Google Drive

The new naming format is ten times better than before. Now it goes as such:
Game Name, Character Name (Artist Credits)

I used to start with the artist name, but then I realized this method was scattering all the like-named characters throughout the folder. Additionally, I wanted to keep same-franchise characters together, like Link and Zelda, rather than having them in different sections.

Incidentally, does anyone have a copy of this Ike mug from Nickt? All his stuff is F2U, but the only version of this I could find had a friggin photobucket watermark because that piece of %$^&%^& website died.

If anyone happens to have the OG version without the watermark, please dm it to me or post it here. Thanks!
(Note: It is a different Ike from Nickt’s other two Ikes currently in the Repo)

EDIT: Turns out that Ike was made by TBA. I did not know that! He made a ton of sprites back in the day, but unfortunately, all of them are either dead or screwed up thanks to Photobucket.

(Not sure what to do about this. TBA made a lot of stuff F2U, so are these sprites F2U? Anyone know?)

Okay, so after I got that sorted, I started some work on the Community OC folder, but god damn there are just so many mugs in there. It’ll be a few weeks before I can standardize all the names. I probably got 50ish done, but that was my mental limit.

Finally, on top of everything listed above, I hunted down both versions of TheFlyingMinotaur’s GBA FE Portrait Creator. I’ll bet most of you don’t know this, but not only does this version from Reddit exist…

But there’s also another, lesser known version. A fella going by the Reddit username BaconMaster120 (Stfu, it’s not funny, do not laugh at his awesome name) made a version that replaced all those RGB sliders with buttons that bring up color wheel options, as well as GBAFE color presets for skin, hair, and other colors. It’s a big improvement in usability.

I added both versions to the repo, as well as their source code. Now we can maintain them in perpetuity, forever. And who knows? Maybe someone out there, possibly a 1337 coder(!!!) can make updates to the source code to improve it further.

And that’s it! I’ll probably do more work on the Repo today, but for now, I think I’ve done enough. See y’all next time.

Oh, and don’t forget to check out my Community Art Preservation Project, too.

Late Update: After a short argument on the Repository Discord, we decided to add a top-level folder for Anna and Jake, rather than stringing her out across a bunch of games, or putting most (but not all) of her mugs inside the FEH folder.

There are sixty Annas and Jakes in total, now. Wow. Many of the actual game folders don’t have nearly that many.

12 Likes

ike

there was an attempt

(Questionable usage right status aside, it also uses 20 colours and so would need to be edited further if it’s to be usable in hacks.)

3 Likes

I asked TBA for permission to use a mug years ago, he barely knew me, and he gave me permission rather easily. He’s also donated lots of animations in the past. He seems like someone who’s all about that F2U mindset, but I’m not 100% sure.

I messaged him on a few sites but he doesn’t seem to be around, and he doesn’t have an account here.

Anyway, thanks. I guess since Ike is 20 colors, nobody can just use him in a project anyway, so the problem about solves itself.