[FE 8](Full-Length) [COMPLETE?] Eligor's Spear version 3.0 (46 +1 Chapters)

ok thanks and how many are you planning on doing ?

1 Like

The other route will probably be a couple of chapters shorter than this one. I haven’t 100% decided on that yet. Either way that would bump up the total amount of chapters somewhere around 35+. We’ll see.

2 Likes

in the completed route, they will stay forever playable until the end

Endgame Spoilers

The only one who will leave is nigel, he will get kidnapped by Eligor after Emireide joins, and he only rejoins in an endgame 3 (2 endgame choices btw) , but he will miss out a tons of exp, making him unavailable to fight the boss without dying(mainly speed problem), well that endgame map is pretty easy with the lancebreaker you will get tho, imagine single digit hit rate from the boss
the other endgame 3 map is much harder tho, but you will know when you get there.

1 Like

Wait, is it the barrel on the ship Camian is supposed to interact with?

Okay, it wasn’t. Or it’s like a hidden condition where you need to wait next to the barrel instead of interact with it.

1 Like

Is this finished- ahhhh, okay, I see now.
I’ll have to come back to this once it’s fully completed (and school isn’t kicking my ass inwards). I was curious since this seems to have had a recent resurgence in the community, so… yeah.

Definitely will cover this though! Congratulations on managing to release a completed hack! (Even if it’s only one route, that’s still more than others!)

1 Like

I haven’t quite finished the hack yet, but it is very good. I will most definitely be playing the next route once it is released. I am going to list some constructive criticism, but know I still think this hack is excellent. The monk recruitment in the boat runaway chapter is very obtuse. If I didn’t notice that there was an extra deployment slot in the next chapter I’d have had no idea he was there. I do like how you reward players for carefully reading the text though. Also, protecting the phantoms while searching for the karkos fruit was absurdly difficult on hard. I know it is optional but nonetheless it feels a little overtuned. My best guess to win “reliably” would be 2 turning it by using wyvern knight pierce on the boss before the phantoms run to their deaths. I didn’t really train the peg since his damage output was so low (pitfall, I know). Considering you get a rescue staff from the shop a few chapters later (albeit a hard to reach shop), it is not worth the trouble in my opinion. The chapter where you get to play as the monsters with the three thrones was a very nice touch in integrating story and gameplay. I just finished the aqueduct map and I’ll post more once I complete the hack. Thank you for creating this!

1 Like

Thank you for the criticism!

The monk recruitment has split opinions, so in the next patch, which is v.1.2, the recruitment will be more clear.

This map was a very late addition, so (rather unsurprisingly) it probably could’ve used more playtesting. Rushing the boss is indeed a viable strategy on this map, however. What would be your suggestion for rewards? I gave Rescue here thinking it’d come in handy in the next map, but moreso in the town map. I might make this map a gaiden, and thus skippable if players so choose, some time later. For now it’s mandatory so more people will have to play it :stuck_out_tongue:

This map used to be a solo map in earlier builds (as in only one player unit, you probably know who!) but that wasn’t particularly interesting, so it needed to be made more engaging. Good to hear it’s actually an enjoyable map now!

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts. Thanks for playing!

In the map where you get Ivan and Hyledd, what is the icon in the top right corner of the map for? It doesn’t have any prompt when I sent Ivan to check it out, but I don’t want him waiting on the tile if it breaks the code or something since it seems like the icon used for the arrival tiles.

1 Like

It marks the tile the thief is heading at, and if he reaches it, he escapes.

Ah, that’s actually really useful.

1 Like

Are you meant to be early promoting in this Hack? Like level 10 promoting. There’s just a lot of promotional items around and promoted enemies are already becoming more numerous.

I think that it is fine that the map is mandatory, I just think protecting the phantoms is a bit difficult. I said absurd but that is an overstatement in hindsight. Generally when I play fe games I take it on a turn by turn basis, but saving the phantoms definitely requires a better game plan. If you just ignore all of them then it wouldn’t be too bad. Rescue is a good reward, but consider upping the price of the ones in the shop or removing them all together. I think the hammerne is a good enough incentive to visit the shop anyways. The chapter after you get the first rescue I didn’t have anyone to use it, but you’re right that it is good in the town map. The extra exclusivity would make it more worthwhile in my opinion.

1 Like

I’d recommend it, but it is up to you. You could try early promoting a unit or two and seeing if you like it.

1 Like

Version 1.2. is up!

Patch notes
  • Chapter “To Catch a Thief” has been tweaked on all difficulty settings.
    The Elixir is droppable now, and the village at the top gives you a new item.
  • Recruitment for Olberich has been made more clear. There are now
    markers around the barrel he is in.
  • The villagers’ positions in “Nightmare’s Grasp” has been reverted back
    to where they should be. I did some testing in that chapter but forgot
    to change the villagers’ placement back once I was done. Whoops!

Hard Mode

• Enemy stats have been slightly tweaked for chapters “To Catch a Thief”, “Karkos Mountains”, “Slumber Disturbed” and “Adversaries”
  • A droppable Divine tome has been added to chapter “Slumber Disturbed”. This makes Olberich a monster-slaying powerhouse on that map.
  • Slight enemy position adjustments for chapter “Adversaries”

Hey there! I’ve just recently downloaded this, and it’s been great so far! I did notice one potential bug, though. While clearing the chapter right after the prologue, Agnessa died on the last enemy turn. This has an interesting affect on “To Catch a Thief,” in that Agnessa “respawns,” but is untargetable on enemy turns, and the player’s turn will automatically end if everyone moves except for her. When you clear the chapter, the cutscene replays after the ship sinks and the game stalls. On the bright side, endlessly repeating this chapter helped me discover Olberich before the latest patch, aha. Not sure if this is relevant to post since I would assume most people are more careful with units than I, but I figured I’d post anyhow. Thanks for your hard work, and I look forward to the rest of the content!

1 Like

Thanks for reporting! A new patch with this bug fixed I hope has been uploaded.

Well, I caught wind of this game from Mangs’s playthrough and I was wondering if the one path you have made is complete. I’m a bit unsure about why the other path hadn’t started yet, but I guess you wanted to finish one path before working on the other.

1 Like

Hey there,

It is. You can play it from start to finish on any difficulty setting.

The other path used to be available in earlier builds. However, it’s going to be changed quite a bit, and as a result it’s not in a playable state for the time being. My focus was on getting one path done.

Oh, okay, I think I’ll give the one path a try and I hope that it won’t be too tough on me. I will also like to see the other path playable at some point in the future.