[FE 8](Full-Length) [COMPLETE?] Eligor's Spear version 3.0 (46 +1 Chapters)

Thank you for your reply,It’s exactly what you think. Even if this version is not complete,We still want to translate it into Chinese because of it’s quality,It is so challenging and well designed.We hope you can agree to our translation of Eligor.

1 Like

All right, you have my permission.

Thank you very much!

2 Likes

I’ll leave my full feedback for after I’ve replayed the hack, but for right now I’m just going to say, the hack can benefit greatly from telling you more.

I’m sorry we have a problem,Why are auto saved chapter names false?

1 Like

Unfortunately there are still some bugs in the game I haven’t been able to fix. Wrong chapter title being displayed is a bug. Usually it can be solved by saving the game while you’re on the world map, but during the first three chapters the world map can’t be accessed.

I see,thank you very much for your answer.
This does not affect that this is a good hack.

3 Likes

We are translating the ch3x,I also find there are many additional chapters,so I’d like to ask if these can be played normally?or are these just chapters of another route?

Yes, they are chapters of the second route there. They are very likely to change, so it might not be a good idea to translate them now.

Thank you for your information,we will continue to translate the first route and expect finished product of Eligor.

2 Likes

Nintendo should invite you to be their designer
That’s a great game. I’ll be it.

5 Likes

Greetings, one and all!

It’s time for another update. The first 5 chapters of the second route are close to completion, at least in terms of gameplay. This time around I’ve been thinking of releasing patches in chunks of 5-6 or so chapters instead of all at once like I did with the first route. As such, I’m a little uncertain if I should simply release patches here whenever I deem them ready and fix issues as they come or if I should create a Discord server where those willing can playtest the game and leave feedback: the idea would be to use that feedback and provide a more polished public release. The Discord server would most likely be a private server specifically for playtesting/ playtesters (and devs, of course). Server or not, my plan is to release this route in parts as mentioned at the beginning of this post.

That’s it for now. Since I don’t know how to end this post, have a screenshot:

Summary

ohno

6 Likes

Privately getting playtesters to test things for bugs before release would probably save you time for when you release and someone finds a bug 5 seconds later due to Romhacker’s Curse

5 Likes

I’m game to help playtest in whatever fashion you want. If it’s gonna be discord just make sure to make it clear how to join up, I guess?

1 Like

The playtester server has finally been created! If you’re interested in joining, DM me here and I will invite you to the server. Thanks!

yeah,thats cool ,could i get one?

I want to join, please count me in.

DM’d you, but may as well post here that I’d like to join too

A new patch is now out! Check the OP for more details!
In addition to all the previous content, this patch contains:

Notes

-5 chapters or 1/3 of the second route
-3 postgame maps
-minor dialogue changes for the first route
-paired endings for the first route, as well as epilogue events
-updated Guide (now called Info) for misc. gameplay notes and first route character biographies
-vast majority of first route character support conversations: Support Room is open!
The Support Room contains some spoilers, so be careful!
-Rogue has some of their terrain movement penalties lowered
-other small adjustments

Thanks again to MageHero21, Firlz and Archvile for playtesting,
and to Seapineapple123 for their hard work on support conversations!

7 Likes

Just a quick suggestion, but on chapter 9, I would suggest changing the map to check if any civillians are still alive on the map as well. This is mainly just because I found whilst playing this map that it was absurdly hard to get any villagers up to the escape tiles when the deathgoyle around those tiles will more than likely oneround every unit on the map. And then the bottom trio of villagers, with those three it is especially important as I could not realistically find a method to get them to the top tiles in time without expending 3 uses of the warp staff.

I feel this map could use more improvements still, but punishing the player by stealing lord knows how much gold that could be vital to the rest of their run for not knowing how to “solve” this map’s “puzzle” so to speak is very unfair, more so than other maps in this hack.

Now to talk about some units:

Birserka

Biserka is a unit that does not feel very fun to use. She has all around mediocre stats, gets absolutely destroyed by effective damage, and often does not have enough weapon rank to use many of the better equipment.
Then we move on to her biggest roadblock, Arston.
Eligor's Spear v2.0-34
Eligor's Spear v2.0-35

This absolutely large man blows Birserka out of the water. Joining with the highest base defense in the game, as well as a fairly massive hp pool for this hack. And to add insult to injury, joins with B rank in Swords and Axes, and A rank in Lances.
The only reason Birserka would likely continue to be used after Arston is because of her fast growing support with Elizabeth.

This is not a call to nerf Arston, but to buff Birserka. Perhaps a prf weapon of some kind would be nice for her. Maybe one that has increased weapon range and weapon experience gain.
Mayhaps also buff her base speed and speed growth, give her that edge over Arston instead of literally just being worse Arston.

Camian

Eligor's Spear v2.0-36
I’m going to be real with you, he sucks. And its easily fixable too.
Simply put, just buff his speed growth by about ~15. He is a good unit otherwise besides his horrendous speed. He cannot go into combat unless he oneshots, or you savescum a crit thanks to his incredibly low speed, and defenses. By just increasing his growth it should help to alleviate it a bit.

2 Likes