[FE 8](Full-Length) [COMPLETE?] Eligor's Spear version 3.0 (46 +1 Chapters)

Is Skylar the only one who can pick up the treasures on Chapter 8?

No, but he’s the only character that has 100% chance to find them: the map uses the desert treasure mechanic. Other characters have their Luck = % chance to find the items iirc. It’s made this way so that phantoms don’t end up finding the items.

2 Likes

Just finished Chapter 8 and man, it is brutal if you don’t play on casual mode. Very little margin for error. One thing I would suggest to improve this chapter is push the reinforcements back 1 or 2 turns or change the peg knight reinforcements to something else. Their long movement and speed on this map is unfair especially since you don’t know the exact turn they show up.

I had to restart so many times. The map design and reinforcements make this map a slugfest. Alot of luck needed to get all the items and the member card. :sweat:

I have now uploaded version 1.33, which includes:

• Renamed difficulty settings and new updated descriptions. Easy is now Normal, Normal is now Hard and Hard is now Lunatic

• The event where if either Elizabeth or Biserka is dead the other one leaves the party has been removed

• In chapter 2 To Catch a Thief: In the tutorial text box, as well as in the victory condition it is now mentioned that defeating the boss ends the map

• In chapter 6 Hermit’s Home: A forest tile has been added under Brynstrom, and the pirate has now an Iron Axe instead of Poison Axe (Lunatic)

• For Old Time’s Sake has been renamed Gaiden: For Old Time’s Sake

• Chapter 13 Exalted Realm has now “stealth” theme added: the player and enemy phase themes will change if players enter combat with any of the enemies on the map

• Dialogue and typo fixes

With that, I’ll now take a little break to relax and recharge my creative batteries. I haven’t had the energy to do anything besides minor edits, but hopefully that will change once I’m back.

Also, have a tier list maker: https://tiermaker.com/create/the-eligors-spear-1034451

See ya!

3 Likes

Can we use this patch without breaking our save file?

I am enjoying the game so far despite some chapters being quite troublesome to beat.

If it’s the same as 7 it’s just a flat 1/11 for non-thieves IIRC.

Honestly I was assuming stuff like this was just going to wait until after you came back from the break. Kind of awesome to actually see this happen now instead.

Thanks!

@FE74ever if you name the new hack the same as the old one you can load saves from the old one and it should work just fine.

1 Like

Is it actually possible to save all the villagers in Nightmare’s Grasp on Normal Mode?

I get the chapter has to be hard but it also has to be possible to achieve all the objectives atleast on Old Normal/Hard.

Things that make this impossible
  1. 3 headed Lion with 20 speed, unlikely to have a character who can double it.
  2. Gargoyle Boss having Flier Shield when the most likely way to kill it is to use a bow user.
  3. Centaur Boss having a Hoplon Guard when his speed makes it hard to double him so no critical just means you need multiple units to kill him, also it has decent resistance.
  4. Eyes with Sleep and Silence with long range
  5. After the 2nd turn, Reinforcements show up on every turn.
Suggestions to make it possible to achieve all the objectives
  1. Make the swordmaster and dancer join you automatically at the start of the map
  2. Swap the Flier Shield and Hoplon Guard
  3. Make Reinforcements show up every 2 turns instead of 1
  4. Increase turn limit
  5. Remove the eyes with the staves

Any combo of the suggestions would be helpful. You don’t have to implement all of them. It is just a list of things that could help make the chapter achievable with 100% of getting everything.

Other than that, it is pure rng and luck to be able to rescue all the villagers. Strategy is a waste of time because one unlucky hit or lack of a critical ruins everything.

I haven’t played the chapter yet myself, but I find it hard to believe that there would be any chapter where it’s impossible to complete all objectives. I think going by earlier chapters one should at least give Zarg the benefit of the doubt no matter how difficult a map may seem.

And at least according to [FE 8](Full-Length) Eligor's Spear version 2.1 (42 Chapters) - #365 by Firlz it’s possible on the hardest difficulty, so why wouldn’t in be on the 2nd hardest?

And if it’s really not possible on Normal, then I guess you just have to “increase” the difficulty to Hard :grinning:

1 Like

He’s also said that lunatic is also more of a puzzle than a fight so sometimes the only change is enemy placement, the stealth chapter comes to mind where everyone on that map is in a different place if you swap from lunatic to hard.

It is technically not impossible but it is only achievable with 99 % luck and rng which completely removes the strategy portion from it.

I restarted so many times trying different strategies but it was all dependent on luck.

I finally beat it by switching to Casual mode and a wild string of luck after a large number of restarts.

Characters had to be sacrificed.

I never want to do that again :expressionless::expressionless:

FULL completion may not be feasible without savestates. But does not need large RN abuse or anything. Just need to avoid bad enemy stat spawns so that you can kill on-time and avoid misses on 90+ hit and hits on enemy 20- hit.

Though, a big part of that is needing to get the axebreaker, which messes up timing on the south part of the map.

Assuming overlevelling abuse in earlier levels is off the table, I would expect optimized lunatic is under 15% success of meeting all objectives with a perfectly optimized route, even after getting past initial unit growth randomness.

There will just be way too many 5-10% incidents that can ruin an attempt to get much higher than the very low double-digit chances of going through on one run without savestates.

I would like to beat it without savestates but the levels are too brutal. I don’t want to have to restart so much each chapter so that will be the best bet.

Casual mode is a must because of the random rng nonsense that happens (enemy getting a critical at 7%…)

One way to maybe make it easier to complete chapter objectives without savestates is to allow full deployment of all your units instead of having to leave 2 or 3 out. There are always Enemy reinforcements so those extra units would help especially on chapters with time limits.

Summary

Are characters like Haefir and Myron who are not in the first route planned for the second unreleased one? I found them through FEBuilder.

My understanding is that at least lunatic mode is balanced on the assumption save states WILL be used.

I am less sure on the easier difficulties.

As in: I know you’re going to use savestates and this will STILL be lunatic level.

The next chapter (Bestowal of a Saint) feels a bit more achievable without save states.

The Dancer gives more options in terms of strategy.

Maybe it was just Nightmare’s Grasp that was insane.

Also your most of your units need to get good speed growths if not the game becomes almost unbeatable. Being unable to kill enemy units in one turn can be fatal because of reinforcements.

I will see how the next few chapters go.

Nightmare’s grasp is basically the single hardest level in the game.

In some ways, arguably, the rescue the phantoms mission can be worse if you are going for full completion- because it comes before the huge resource upgrade in the karkos fruit level- but in terms of raw built-in difficulty Grasp has that one beat.

The other possible contender is the talk to brynstrom level, just because green unit can randomly kill himself. Again though, I don’t think overall as difficult, just has some completely unavoidable randomness in being able to complete it at all (even ignoring full-completion).

1 Like

Secret Shop on Bestowal of a Sage is broken. I even had a character hold two member cards and checked every tile in the throne room and still nothing. I am on Normal Mode. Is the secret shop Old Hard Mode/Lunatic Mode exclusive?

secret shop

for future reference, you can search the topic for certain keywords by pressing control + F and see if your question has already been answered.

I already checked the topic and searched that exact spot but still nothing. Unless 4 tiles down from the throne means something else.

Scratch that I figured it out by searching the topic again.