[FE 8](Full-Length) [COMPLETE?] Eligor's Spear version 3.0 (46 +1 Chapters)

You cannot warp into fog. You have to be able to see the tile you’re warping onto.

2 Likes

I see. Enemy Control Glitch is removed from the game via a patch as far as I know. I’d assume it includes gaining control of the enemy through use of torches as well. Mines are not in the game.

Gotcha, that’s what I was checking. Curious how that got patched out if you know. From my understanding the actual mechanics of how it worked weren’t totally understood, so I’m curious what had to be done to make sure it wasn’t accessible.

Oh I see
Damn, that’s harsh. Thanks for clearing my misunderstanding

I don’t know the details. Brendor is the one who made the fixes, and those fixes were later made compatible with FeBuilder by 7743. You could try asking Brendor about it.

I’m relatively new to the site, do you know how I might be able to message/pm him to ask?

On the main page, where you see all the topics, you can press c. That opens up the composer. Right next to “Create a new topic” button there is a + button, on the left. Press that button, then choose “New Message”. In the “Add User” field you can then type the name of the intended recipient. The rest should be easy to figure out.

Is there a recruitment guide for this?

Not yet. I could make one, if you’d like.

@MageHero21 I just realised I didn’t answer your question: No estimate for second route’s release date.

Yes please, thank you.

Summary

By the way, do you have a planned date for the second route? And I’m guessing from digging in FEBuilder, the unfinished x chapters are for that route.

1 Like

Patch 1.3. is up!

Patch notes

General:

• Typo fixes
  • The other route not being available is now properly mentioned
    when the route split takes place
  • The price for Rescue staves has been increased from 2750 -> 4750
  • Warp, Rescue and Fortify staves are repairable with Hammerne
  • Gameplay-wise, Support between Emireide and Aelys has been added
  • Phantoms escaping can cause softlocking, so a warning has been added

Characters:

• Elizabeth’s growths have been changed from HP 50 and 40 everything else
    to 45 across the board
  • Danval has new growths, with the total being close to what it used to be
  • Elizabeth & Biserka have received +2 to their base Luck
  • Ivan has received +2 to his base Speed and +1 to his base HP
  • Monster units controlled during Tale of Conquest and Blood have received +4/5 to their base Luck

Maps:

To Catch a Thief:

• Killing the boss ends the map
  • Olberich’s barrel is marked with different tiles

Adversaries:

• The first ballista on the right is removed. Changes to enemy reinforcements, including the removal of the wyverns.

Hermit’s Home:

• Changes to enemy reinforcements

Alchemist’s Lament

• The misleading “treasure but not really” tile has been changed

Tale of Conquest and Blood

• Different enemy composition for Easy Mode has been added

Nightmare’s Grasp

• Minor tweaks to enemy compositions on Normal and Hard Modes
  • Easy Mode version with reduced reinforcements has been added
  • A bug where if the player didn’t recruit Kevran & Sathrin during the map they would retain their 0 move has been fixed.
  • Arena has been removed for this map

Making Waves

• Enemy position changes for Hard Mode
  • The Blue Gem is droppable
  • Danval can be recruited with Avanni straight away

Bestowal of a Saint:

• The bug with phantoms has been fixed
  • On Hard Mode, characters now correctly exclaim the center tower rising

For Old Time’s sake

• Buggy interactions have been fixed
  • A secret shop has been added
  • Arena has been added to this map
  • Game Over conditions have been altered

A recruitment guide is available in the download link.

In other news, I have support in writing support conversations, so those have a real chance of becoming a thing. However, none of them are added in just yet and instead will be added later down the line.

Last but not least, I’d like to thank everyone for their support: for all the kind words, critique and bug reports alike, as well as for simply downloading and playing this hack!

7 Likes

Ooooooh those patches seem interesting.

If I have a save-file mid-game will I lose that if I switch to the new patch? Or will telling it to run my save file from the old version still work?

No, you don’t lose saves if the names of your .gba file (and the save file names) remain unchanged. Your old saves should still work.

Will patching the already-patched version work, or do I need to patch a clean copy of 8 with the new patch?

You’d need a clean copy.

Unrelated to patch.

Summary

Random thought I had while the replay through - how big of a balance or other issue would it be to get something specifically to buff Agnessa once you get her back?

You get a promotion item for Nigel, so that’s enough for him, but you get her back JUST before arguably the most difficult mission in the game, and she’s like 3-ish maps behind on any progress she would’ve had from essentially the end of the “early game.” If you happen to still have other units who are just kind of bad at this point she can maybe slot in as basically your worst unit, but assuming you did basically any training at all and promoted during the excursion to find the fruit I just don’t see how she’s supposed to ever make the cut again on your team.

I feel like she should probably get something of a buff/reward as compensation for the fact you were banned from using her for those maps. Maybe a PRF weapon or a unit-locked metis tome or stat-booster? I get that she can earn the treasure on the penultimate map as a reward from her lord, but that is a weapon anyone can actually use. Having something unit-locked to her feels like it might be enough to make using her again after the waylay feel sensible?

It would be one thing if normal progression just meant she went the way of a normal Jagen and her growth was simply outpaced so she is sidelined by the endgame. But the fact that you lose her for almost a fifth of the game (right in the middle) feels like a bit too much?

Is something to maybe think about, anyway.

1 Like

Doing some reps on revise for old times sake to see how it feels.

Summary

Not autolosing to the normal guards on other units definitely feels good.

The secret shop is perfect. Extra Shamshir access is really nice. As is devil axe. Not sure the poison weapons will get used but nice to have the option. Buyable member cards is hilarious.

I didn’t realize how nice it would be to have an arena there. Getting even 3-4 goes at it to get some free XP on avanni is really really nice.

Bit of an odd question regarding the villager AI. How exactly is their movement determined? It feels almost like their patterns are determined on earlier turns and they will follow that pattern if possible rather than random. For instance once a unit heads toward a particular house they will continue toward that house until they get there or something gets in the way. Is that accurate? Or is there just a wider grouping of “go towards house” ai for certain villagers and that’s what I’m seeing?

If they all actually have distinct ai charts, would it be possible to create a document specifying what the patterns and odds are for each villager?

1 Like
Summary

Not sure if I agree with the villager AI chart: it might incentivize resetting in hopes for finding the perfect movement pattern, which I don’t like. Of course, players can do what they want, but the villagers are unpredictable for a reason.

With that said, their AI is set to a 50% chance of moving at all, and they move either randomly or to an escape point - all the buildings are their escape points.

Summary

the thing I can’t tell is whether that 50% is decided once, or uniquely every turn. For instance one one gets the “go to escape” command, do they just follow that until they succeed? Or is every turn after they get the “escape” proc just continuing that?

I’m not sure on that, actually, but my hunch says it’s decided separately for every turn.