[FE 8](Full-Length) [COMPLETE?] Eligor's Spear version 3.0 (46 +1 Chapters)

Not yet. The route that is in the game is complete, but the other route is not, and won’t be for a while.

1 Like

Why is it THE Eligor’s Spear, as though Eligor wasn’t a person?

1 Like

Or it’s supposed to emphasize. Like. Are you THE insert celebrity name here

1 Like

@zarg For Old Times Sake has some glitchy weirdness if you berserk the guards and that causes them to enter combat with villagers. Gonna test other targets to see if that’s totally consistent, but at least for the normal soldiers it happens.

Edit: different targets give different images for the dialogue, but all of them appear messed up in one way or another.

Second edit:

Yeah vani and cam not having any use on that map still feels super bad. Any chance they could be given Steal like skylar as an assassin for just that one map? That would definitely help a lot in that regard.

@Firlz I think it’s the same bug as with the phantoms: the guards don’t have portraits, but the game is trying to call them one.

Giving the ability to Steal for one map is much harder to do than it sounds. I’ll think of something, maybe Talk conversations with the villagers that then change their AI somehow?

The other thing that comes to mind that might not be too difficult to implement would be to just make it so only guards catching skylar count for ending the mission. So you can at least use avanni/cam to block their way. That would definitely make them feel like assets instead of liabilities. I suspect modifying the guard-ai simialr to how you did for the cyclopses should work?

re: steal, would them being given an item at the start of the map that grants Steal while held work? Then just run a “delete all copies of this item” thing during the end of the level?

Summary

(presumably such a command is how the osthanes is removed from your inventory when eligor steals it, as it is clearly in your inventory prior to that, so I think such a thing exists)

That would at least limit the difficulty to how hard it is to put “can use Steal” onto an item.

Maybe add an arena to the map that is out of the way of the guards, would make more sense to have one in that chapter than in the monster defend one :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

ok thanks

1 Like

technically there IS one? On the right side of the map. Just not the relevant active-tile.

Hello there.
First and foremost, thanks for the amazing hack, having so many new maps and each having its own gimmick is a blast. Got my butt handed to me a lot of time.

I’ve got a few remarks to make.

• In the chapter where you have to defend citizens for 11 turns, if you finish the chapter on a Balista, Avanni will appear as a balista for the incoming cinematics up until you start the next chapter.

• In the next chapter, where you have to disable traps. If you drop skylar (rescued) on a trap, it will say " trap disabled" but Skylar will not say anything, and the trap will NOT count as disabled. This is a bit misleading and could cause a few unfair restarts.

• I’m currently in Bestowal of a Saint, normal mode, and I cannot for the life of me find the secret shop. It is not on the lower middle part of the carpet, it is not 4 tiles down from the throne.
    Is there another conditions than just having a unit with a member card on the tile to see the “secret” option ?

Thanks in advance for the reply, and again, this has been a blast playing !

2 Likes

Hi, and thanks for playing! People getting their butts handed to them seems to be a recurring theme, but I won’t deny that’s intentional.

I know about the first “bug”, but I think it’s funny so I haven’t really looked into fixing it.

Thanks for reporting that bug. As far as I know I haven’t changed anything in terms of traps and disarming them, so chances are this is a vanilla bug. I’ll look into it, but if nothing else a warning will be added.

Secret Shop

This is a bit tricky: on Easy and on Normal modes the secret shop is on the throne - rescue Emireide and you can visit it. 4 tiles down from the throne is the Hard mode spot. The secret shop is always on the same tile, but Hard mode has you rise the center tower where as on Easy or Normal you lower it: since the tile changes are different, the secret shop ends up being in a different spot on the map.

Happy to hear you’ve been enjoying this hack!

considering routing for Hard mode “any percent” style speedrun attempt. Do you know if FE8 PWASE definitions are retained and/or did you remove ECG entirely through a patch?

I have no idea what that means.

Found another bug, and this one I admit I "understand " but I also hate
On the map where you have to destroy pilars, the fog of war functions in a weird way, so that you cannot summon after moving your summoner to any place that isnt lighted up. I understand it but oh boi this is so awful, especially when you have to run from so many over leveled ennemies …

You cannot summon on a tile that isn’t lighted/revealed.

Yeah I know, but having only one Tile vision can create some weird situations where you have some “holes” even within your group, it’s hard!

Also, it was at this chapter I noticed you nerfed Warp. Can’t deny I was soooooo mad about it but it pushed me to do the chapter in another way (relying on random lucky dodges)

What do you mean? Other than it currently not being repairable, it should be the same old Warp.

Oh ?
Was warp always unable to teleport unit above water and through walls in GBA games ? My bad then.

1 Like

It should do both those things in this hack.

Summary

that is in fact a necessary requirment to acquiring the hidden axereaver in the survival chapter

@zarg ECG is short for the Enemy Control Glitch. A more specific version is more well known in FE7 as the “mine glitch.”

PWASE is a term short for “panels which affect something else” and are a specific class of tiles that can be used to extend the window in which the Enemy Control Glitch functions. (mines and the Torch staff can also turn normal squares into PWASE).

IIRC in FE8 Snags (the square you shoot) after the bridge is made, the square a Gorgon’s egg starts in and certain other tiles are by default PWASE that can be used for activating the glitch.

1 Like