FE 7 The Path of a Hero CH: 60 True Ending+Side Story, Complete Version+ DLC(Working in progress)

Man it’s all good, no need to blame yourself for a little inconvenience, the only problem for me is that I spent a lot of time on grinding everyone (especially my lords) all the way from Lyn mode and now it’s just a pain to go all over it :frowning: and although I do think your story is very good and a little confusing (because I know the fe7 story by heart) ninian’s character got me by surprise cuz it’s so different from the vanilla game. But good work it was a great game

1 Like

Thanks for playing and completing the hack.
The story might seem a bit confusing because my goal was to create a big twist in the story’s ending.
I made sure that the story tries to make you discover everything slowly, creating mystery in the player.
I hope I have succeeded in my intent.
For that mistake I was just a little depressed because after a long time creating the hack it took a small oversight on my part to destroy half of the game (those who played the previous version will only have played 25 of the total 46 chapters ).

If you’re interested, I’m creating a sequel for the story, it’s not complete yet, I’ve only created 22 of the total 27 chapters.
Thanks again for your feedback.

2 Likes

Sure I’d love to see your work in the future. And if you are in need of someone to fix any grammar mistakes in the scripts (I saw a few but I won’t judge cuz you said in the beginning that you have used automated translation) I’d be glad to help you

2 Likes

Thanks so much for your help.
I really appreciate your support.
Unfortunately I’m not English and what little I know about this language is because I studied it at school.
I tried in every way with my lack of knowledge to minimize grammatical errors due to the use of an automatic translator, but unfortunately I knew that some errors would remain.

1 Like

Pair of bugs. Firstly, the description for the Blue Gem is wrong. Should read that it sells for 9,000 Gold.

Secondly, for some reason prior to Eliwood mode, the Power Ring and Wind Breeze are unusable by units. I’m not exactly sure what’s happening here as the Wyvernshield was usable here (Preps in Chapter 1-8), and when I got to Arc 2-2 the Power Ring could be used on Mark during the chapter no problem.

Third (pretty serious) bug, the opening cutscene for Arc. 1-2 “Help The Weakest” seems to crash VBA in my experience when it reaches unit load 0x8CC60D8, unless you start-menu skip through the chapter’s opening. Deleting the unit load allows the cutscene to play as normal, however the units it is intended to spawn won’t appear meaning the chapter has no boss.

1 Like

Thank you for notifying me of these errors. The first two are not serious so I don’t think I will correct them, instead for the last one you told me. I was already aware of it, but despite the various tests done by me I never encountered this error. I don’t know if it depends on the version of the emulator you are using, however you just need to press the START button to skip the movie and continue playing. Thanks for playing and I hope the mod is good for you.

Yeah you can just start-skip but it means you’ll miss the story for that chapter. Either way, thanks for the response.

1 Like

@EmaColito what are the char growth rates and gaiden info etc?

2 Likes

To create a good balance each character will have the following level up.
Att/Def/Res + 30% Spd/Skill + 40% and Hp/Lck + 60%.
Each character will have strong passive bonuses given by the classes and weapons they can use in this way each character, based on his class, will have a specific role in battle without risking that he develops too high statistics compared to other characters and enemies.

Path of a Hero story has no gaiden chapters. If by ‘’ gaiden ‘’ you mean the Side Story, it is fully playable by choosing the Hector Route.

This final version allows you to choose which story you prefer to play first. Do not worry about the choice and choose with tranquility which story to start with.

2 Likes

Thanks btw u should add this info in main post, i wil start playin this hack and the sequel now.

1 Like

Thanks for your advice.
When I created the main post I thought that people would not care about the balance I created and that more than anything else they would download the mod just to play and have fun, without worries.
In the future when I have some free time I will edit the main post.
Thanks for downloading the mod and I hope you enjoy playing it.
If you find any serious mistakes that could ruin the gaming experience, let me know.
Have fun.

3 Likes

@EmaColito

Just finsihed the hack and i really liked the story so much, it was really hardcore BUT the difficulty was INSANE , i had to reset so many times.
I think this was the hardest hack i played so far wich feels like u didnt playtest the hacks difficulties.
Had a couple of bugs too that crashed my game after eventscenes but reset and skip worked for me also the english translated text was rough to read but i understand u used a translator.
Hector side story was almost impossible to finish but i barely made it.

All in all i really liked the story so much but the difficulty AND the use of poison really ruined it a little for me.

Thank You for this hack , i will go start the sequel now.

2 Likes

Thanks for playing and completing the mod.
I am a guy who is very careful about the balance of the various maps and I can guarantee you that I have personally tested the mod 3 times before putting it online.
Did you choose the Lyn route in normal mode?
For your first game ?.

I’m glad you liked the story, I tried to make it as mysterious and dark as possible without making it a disturbing story.

I am amazed that you were able to complete the mod in just one day, having tested it, to complete the full story it takes at least 18 hours of gameplay and you said you reset several times due to the difficulty.
In the past there was the problem with a map leading you wrong to the Side Story, reducing the total number of chapters to 26.
So I’m asking you if you managed to see the final unlockable cutscene with True Ending.

Could you tell me where did you find these crashes ?. So that I can fix these errors ?.

I knew that using an online translator there would certainly be errors, but the important thing is that the story is understandable.

Spoiler

Summary

I started lyn mode hard wich was hard but fair and when i finished it at chapter 9 or 10? after saving i had to choose hector mode or eliwood, i chose hector normal mode wich was insanely hard almost all prepromoted 1 hitted my units, anyways i got the weird GAME OVER ending where pretty much evry1 dies except hector and eliwood wich was planned i gues??
after wich i saved and chose eliwood normal and jezus that was even harder then FE6 hard mode!! ending was killin Nergal.

I play on emulator mGBA with 2x speed up and only lord animation so its fast and i played all day since i have vacation.

The crashes were after watching event scenes like fightin/killin and then going into map, cant remember wich though, i just reset and skip to proceed just fine.

I think that maybe i got that bug that forced me to play hector or eliwood after finishing lyn chapter 9-10??

1 Like

Thank you for your answer.
I didn’t expect to have created a very difficult game, it was not my intention, it seemed to me that the difficulty level was slightly difficult but not hardcore.
Maybe in the future I will update the patch and reduce the difficulty level as my goal is to create something enjoyable to play.

Okay, I was just worried that the error of the wrong activation of the Side Story as in the past had repeated again.

Spoiler'

Yes, the ending with the word ‘‘game over’’, of the Side Story is an intentional thing do not worry, that ending serves to make you understand the change of character that Eliwood had when you meet him again after a month in the second narrative arc.

Having tested the mod several times, I never got these crashes. It may be that these crashes are due to the emulator you are using

1 Like

I wanted to try, but both files I downloaded are damaged a.k.a not usable.

1 Like

This is very strange, before starting to create the DLC I decided to replay the whole story from the beginning to make sure that there are no mistakes with the story.
I downloaded the two files and it works on both PC and android (with emulator).
Also the ups file also works for ‘’ jrpgaddict ‘’ who very kindly gave me his feedback on the story and his errors found.
Are you sure you used a clean FE 7 USA rom for patch ?.

The problem is not from the patching process. Right after I downloaded the file, the 7z can’t be extracted (keep popping up error box) and the winrar version can’t even be opened.

this is the 7z version

this is the winrar version

1 Like

I’m really sorry, but I don’t know how to fix it. I have downloaded the files several times and it does not give me these errors.

Maybe your PC has some problem with MEGA, I don’t know.

Try using this link and see if it works for you, otherwise I’m really sorry. :pensive:
I’ve made sure that you can choose the file to download without needing to extract it.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/135NN15R01l1653qt5CZfDaZI4sib3KNt?usp=sharing

Let me know if it works for you.

Ah it works now, thank you so much. The in depth review will be here within a week.

1 Like