[Fangames] What are you working on?

When you just wanted to check the damage but then

uh… shit

Now you can cancel out of a switch if you didn’t do anything, so no more accidentally ending your turn in a horrible position!

7 Likes

The circleseverywhere edition of FE8 is truly amazing. 10/10 wizardry.

1 Like

What’s next, hits-all-in-range berserk staves? “Skip chapter” button? Summoners with unique summons? HOW MUCH FURTHER DOES THE RABBIT HOLE GO, CHARLIE BROWN?

Honestly none of those sound too hard, and that win button would be really useful for debugging

8 Likes

Tbh yeah I’d love seeing a trolly enemy converting everyone around him to berserk status.

The personalized summons is cool, makes the summoners much more interesting.

I think we ALL could use a Next Chapter button though.

1 Like

Don’t summoners already have unique summon? Knoll has different phantom than Ewan does, same for Lyon.

Yeah, Knoll, Ewan, and Lyon’s summons all have different bases and growths. (Or, they do when I look in nightmare, unless the game doesn’t actually use them for some reason? lol I think they are used tho)

1 Like

No, unique summons as in different classes. The only differences between the summons in FE8 are growths. Not weapon types, abilities, etc. Imagine if Knoll summoned wights and Lyon summoned Dracozombies, as an example. That would be ideal, along with new randomized weapon lists for each.

I wonder what this could be

15 Likes

Not gonna lie, at this point I’m wondering if Jesus Christ really did come back to us. This is some kind of divine power, right?

2 Likes

Jesus “Gandalf” Christ as returned, have you not been paying attention?
[click this link][1]
[1]:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5HQ97x690Q&list=PLv_1ytjTGYKtR19ltHlh4Y4mWBVSLUSG5&index=8

5 Likes

You just activated my Buried FE6 Eclipse Tome!

1 Like

Started work on the Knight recolor. Did you know the Knight animation has at least 2, maybe 3 unused colors in its default palette and still manages to be restrictive? Not anymore! Now you can have very colorful knights without tearing your hair out attempting it.

1 Like

You should make the helmet coloured like the spearhead and arm.

I’m worried that would make for too many parts of the armor using the gauntlet/trim colors at the same time. The brown is supposed to be the “primary” color in the animation and it might shift to being the secondary if I color the helm with the trim colors too. I did try out a few other combos earlier:

http://puu.sh/oF6b7/a59dee2da6.png

I like the gauntlets using the brown except for the white pixels. I might be able to remove them with proper shading though.

1 Like

Doing some random stuff for random things, so I’ve done some custom stuff for those things.

1. I needed a female Great Lord (The class animation directory didn’t have the promoted version) so I decided to make one. Thoughts?

1. Wanted to make a thing that lets me give free EXP to units, so I made a training dummy for use in some maps.

Graphics is not my strong point, in case people ask…

4 Likes

the knight palette is anything but restrictive…
I wish I still had my old sheet, but it’s so easy to make palettes for it; have you used fe-recolor?

@Datagne
impressive dummy; 20 speed

The dummy is secretly sonic

I do all of my palettes with Photoshop and then I import the image to FE Recolor to get the hex code. It might not be the most efficient way but I have a method that I think works fairly well. I like to be able to zoom in close on my sprites as I color them.

When I say restrictive, I mean that certain color combinations are not easily possible. Many other units have the ability to mix and match colors with little issue but due to some colors being shared between the Knight’s main armor and the trim you can’t make a character palette that’s too complex. For example, we have a purple knight whose armor trim is gold in his portrait but with the palettes as they are the gold trim is difficult to do properly, so I defaulted to a more lavender trim. It still looks good but I’ve always wished I could do a proper purple and gold animation. This recolor I’m working on would more easily allow for that, not to mention the bonus discovery that there’s enough palette room leftover to give characters unique lance colors.

I like the idea of the female GL, but the execution is a bit ehh. Maybe the hair should drape down the front of the armor a little, make the breasts more pronounced, and/or make the body a pixel or two thinner? Right now it just looks like Hector missed his haircut for 8 months running.

1 Like