Every FEE3 Entry Is Good

Well that’s one way to look at it XD

The Lonely Mirror is pretty fun. I’ve played it A LOT! My current plan is to release all the chapters within the next couple months, so you might want to consider waiting for the full game.

3 Likes

oh gosh i’m falling behind! thankfully day 4 is a really short day in terms of content, shoutout to those creators for making my job easier

Day 4:

The Art of War (by Apparoid):
Finally, a trailer! We need more trailers. LP’s are nice, but it’s easier to make my brain pay attention the whole time if it’s three minutes. And what I saw paying attention was quite interesting; Art of War seems to be going for more of a wargame aesthetic. The way the descriptions are written, the names of generic units, the heavy reinforcements… I think this hack is the first project to go for this kind of aesthetic, and if it isn’t, it’s definitely the most memorable! Unrelated to the aesthetic, I love the clever usage of the class roll to create title cards for each section. And more about the hack, the way you do reinforcements is so pleasing. Can you do reinforcement events for every hack from now on? Please? :pleading_face:

Frozen Throes (by N426):
Holy shit. If you want an amazing first chapter, you look at Frozen Throes. This is how you do it. Yeah, it’s a bit long, but that’s a small price to pay for a chapter that will take your expectations, chew them up, spit them out, then go and chew them up once more, only to spit them out again. N426 really decided to give the first chapter THREE map objectives. THREE. I CAN BARELY DO ONE RIGHT.
That’s not even going into the intermission chapter (or whatever), which actually lets you “free roam”. I’m always a fan of intermissions! The mapping in this chapter is quite exquisite; when’s the last time you’ve seen a basement in a hack? Or a puppet show made with scripted battles? God, N426 you’ve captured my heart. :(((

Project God Slayer (by thefrozenphantomofjustice):
thefrozenphantomofjustice… Try saying that five times fast. I have to admit again that I don’t know much about SRPG Studio, so some of my comments might not be accurate.
I love the concept of using arcana to represent skills, though I’m not sure how accurate that statement is. It seems this game uses a unique interpretation of the minor arcana that fits their weapon triangle easier? I think that’s right, but either way, interesting stuff! I also like seeing a lot of the plugins(?) shown off for SRPG Studio; I think the 3H aggro lines and health bars are great additions to the engine. I’d love to see how this project evolves in the future!

Aletheia (by knabepicer):
Isn’t this the one project where someone inserted skills into FEB without Skill_CustomBuild? If it is, I think anyone reading this is obligated to play it. Either way, there are definitely custom skills, which I love! I think my favourites have to be Spur Hexblade, Pursuit, Battle Cry, and Keen Intuition. Always nice to see new skills. Another cool thing? Pegasus lord. Yeah, it’s been done before, but more than one hack is allowed to do a concept at a time, so shush. And I love her design! I think a lot of the characters in this hack have great character designs. As well, I think the chapter was well made, tightly paced to just let you win. I know most people don’t like time limits as an anti-turtle, but those people talk in #fe_design_meta_etc, so their opinions are invalid. Keep doing your thing knabepicer. Just, consider using Skill_CustomBuild. Please? :pleading_face:

16 Likes

But if there’s an anti-turtle, how am I supposed to get all of the loot ???

6 Likes

By going sanic, mah boi. That is the art of anti-turtling.

1 Like

if I cannot grind indefinitely, is it really even Fire Emblem?

1 Like

no_squid

5 Likes

Hack has antiturtle? Me not play hack.

1 Like

I’m confused a little, which part is it your referring to?

Around here!

4 Likes

Ahh okay, I do have lots of cutscenes to make at some point, so might as well jam pack it were I can :wink:

It looks standard to me, or at least how reinfs SHOULD show up, instead of moving in all at the same time or popping into existence instantaneously. Most people do one of those two and its not as cool.

2 Likes

ok zoi

2 Likes

ok roona

The real fee3 (Runa’s synopses) continues when Runa’s feeling better.

Hope that’s soon! No pressure to be writing these paragraphs up on the same day as the videos.

6 Likes

proyecc dead?

2 Likes

Oh man this years FEE3 is going to be fantastic yet again!

Please don’t bump old topics if you have nothing of substance to add.

3 Likes