Event Assembler

Pinned!!!

Done.

1 Like

Alright, thank you. It was a pain to find this when I updated it (A lot of people have questions about EA btw)

Just a quick library/raw sync for version 11.1.1

3 Likes

Just a quick fix to VillageEventMoney which was broken in FE8.

1 Like

Excuse me, can someone link me the link for the last version? Fucking Dropbox doesnā€™t show me any link to download ; even after joining itā€¦I can only view the files.Thanks!

Edit: Alright got it by changing the dl=0 to dl=1. I donā€™t know if I was the only one to have this prob ; but guess itā€™s better to leave it here if someone has the same problem.

5 posts were split to a new topic: 32bit Png2Dmp

Windows & MacOS & Linux Release for ColorzCore
Windows & MacOS & Linux Release for Event Assembler Core

6 Likes

Idk where best to report this but the ballista FE8 trap helper macros in eastdlib are using the wrong item IDs.

#define NormalBallista(XX,YY) "BLST [XX,YY] 0x34"
#define IronBallista(XX,YY) "BLST [XX,YY] 0x35"
#define KillerBallista(XX,YY) "BLST [XX,YY] 0x36 "

Should be:

#define NormalBallista(XX,YY) "BLST [XX,YY] 0x35"
#define IronBallista(XX,YY) "BLST [XX,YY] 0x36"
#define KillerBallista(XX,YY) "BLST [XX,YY] 0x37 "

From Dropbox - Event Assembler V11.1.3.zip - Simplify your life

Macro TurnEventNPC(eventID,pointer,turn) in Main Code Helpers.txt uses argument startTurn in its definition, despite that argument not being declared (hope Iā€™m getting the terminology right). Iā€™m guessing this is a typo/copypaste error, and the intention was for it to use turn instead of startTurn.

Could you add FILL to EA again?

Apparently FILL is part of ColorzCore, but not Core. Could you maybe package ColorzCore in the newest EA instead of Core?

3 Likes

Uhh, anyone run into this problem? I just opened up FEBuilder after updating my Event Assembler. All of the text is literally just in white.

How can I fix that?

This means you have made FEBuilder unable to recognize your ROM as an FE game, or find a bunch of the assets that are within.

There are so many ways to accidentally do this, but many of them involve forgetting an ORG and writing to the beginning of the file.

I donā€™t particularly see the need, if youā€™re using EA in the first place, to then go into FEB at all?

question. I can just create a normal hack and then put thing that FEB canā€™t do in later with EA right?

@Kuuro02 you can use febuilderā€™s insert ea to load event assembler files to your rom

Whether a specific hack is compatible with your project or not is another story, but thereā€™s no real point using eventassembler.exe when febuildergba exists. We still use EAā€™s Core.exe (or ColorzCore.exe) which febuilder installs in the setup wizard, so febuilder does build upon event assembler.

You can do as you please, for the most part; I donā€™t well understand what you mean - but you can take a hack made with any method and further hack it with any other method.

Itā€™s highly unrecommended to mix methods, because
a, the original Event Assembler - and - FEditor workflow leaves constant word signatures at the end of your file constantly filling your space;
b, the current Everything Assembler idea assumes you build from a clean ROM each time (but you can put in a hack as your base file! it just means your EA files arenā€™t enough to produce the hack);
and, c, FEBuilder can fail to identify significant things about the ROM if you start with a fairly large in scale modification in some other program therefore making it lose functionality due to not being able to find what itā€™s trying to modify.

But, at the end of the day, doing what suits you is the most appropriate. You can start your hack in any method, then keep building off of it with another one, with only a few difficulties depending on how your hack is structured and what system overhaul features you are using. Because of how hard it is to otherwise later decide to add those, I personally think that using EA the whole way through is better for keeping the changes youā€™ve made but are not thinking about when you make other sweeping changes.

this is your opinion, please do not say it like a fact because it really isnā€™t.

For the vast majority of users who are already using febuildergba anyway, thereā€™s no real point using eventassembler.exe.

Does that clarify things?

If not, then Iā€™m not sure I understand what issue you have with me or what I said, but I believe it to be good advice for nearly everyone and I will continue to recommend that febuilder users simply use Insert EA insteadā€¦ :sweat_smile:

I use eventassembler.exe for inserting edits into other games!

A lot of hacking communites still run off of applying edits directly to a rom, so for those cases making a .event file for people to use is quick and helpful.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a good point, although Iā€™ve already clarified that I was specifically talking about for people using FEBuilder. I think itā€™s really interesting to see how various tools and hacks get used across various communities. Iirc Ipatixā€™s 12 tracks hack was for pokemon hacks first, for example. And Iā€™ve heard of people using a buildfile that depends on EAā€™s Core.exe for non-fe hacks, too. There are lots of fantastic tools that have been developed, and often they depend on or build upon the preexisting tools.

1 Like