Editing Lethality/Skill proc. chances in SkillSystems

• Hacking method: febuilder
  • Base Game: fe8
  • Steps to reproduce: Haven’t attempted, know nothing about Skill Custom build, scared to brick rom

Is there a way to revert Lethality back to vanilla Silencer (50% chance on a crit) with SkillSystems? I know Skill Custom build is a thing in febuilder, but from what I’ve seen it’s advanced, and I would not consider myself “Advanced” and am scared of bricking the rom. If not a way to revert it back to vanilla, then is there a way to adjust the proc chance? In like a text document or something? I guess a better question is, how do you edit skill proc chances in general?

You just uncomment a line in a custom build. It should be safe to do so. If you don’t want to do a custom build and you want to use febuilder over buildfiles, then you gotta make do with the defaults that 7743 packaged in the skillsys patch.

I’m willing to learn how to do a custom build if that’s what it takes, but uh. How do I go about doing that? I know nothing about build files and feel like a kid in a room while the adults talk about this kind of stuff. How do I uncomment a line? What does that even mean? And then once I do that I install skill systems via this tool?

https://web.archive.org/web/20230924162521/https://dw.ngmansion.xyz/doku.php?id=en:en:guide:febuildergba:skillsystems_custombuild

Comments start lines with //

Did some testing with a 100% crit weapon. Never seemed to roll lethality/silencer unless I had rightful arch on the same unit. Makes me think that while it was only procing on a crit, it was still rolling skill/2 instead of a flat 50/50. So it’s weird that it kinda worked but still uses the modern lethality roll, and only on a crit. Would this be something I’d have to edit in the lethality skill itself? Like make its check roll a 50/50 instead of skill/2?

(From the proc_lethality.s file)

RollRN:
ldr r0,=#0x80191D0 @call skill getter
mov r14,r0
mov r0,r4
.short 0xF800
mov r1,#0x6C
ldrb r1,[r4,r1]
sub r5,r1 @FF or 64 - Lethality Chance = modifier (depending on if crit needed or not)
lsr r0,r5 @divide skill by modifier to get our chance (modifier was set in NonGBALethalitySkill)

What does it mean by modifier was set in NonGBALethalitySkill?
Where do you change the stat for the chance that the skill procs?

I think it can be crit/2% or crit/4% chance?
It’s dividing by 1, 2, or 4 there probably

Search the repo for the keyword