As part of a long-running series, the goal remains the same, or at least mostly the same.
These are the portraits various people have made over the last 4 years across the two previous variations of this topic. You can view all of the mugs with credit by clicking this link.
The game works like this: Someone picks three mugs, and the next person creates a new character variant based on those three mugs, then posts three new mugs for the next person. Rinse and repeat.
However, I’ll be switching up the rules somewhat for EDGE! We’re in a new era now, and a new era calls for a new outline!
- All mugs created must be Free To Use, and preferably Free to Edit. At an absolute minimum, if you post a mug here, you consent that someone else can make eye/mouth frames and a chibi for it to be used in a future project. (Assuming you don’t add those yourself, which would be awesome)
- Unlike the previous two topics, the goal is not to make ugly mugs, but to make decent and good-looking mugs that people can use in their romhacks and other projects. If you look at the image of mugs above, your goal should be to make mugs that look more like the top rows, and less like the bottom rows.
- Unlike the previous two versions of this post series, each person will only post two mugs, and the next person will choose a third mug from which to splice. This is to prevent topic stagnations where someone picks three really crappy mugs that nobody wants to work with, thus killing the topic for months at a time. At a minimum, you can always pick a mug you like and work from there.
- Make sure to list the third mug you use! JiroPaiPai gave us the perfect example with his very first post!
- If it’s been 3 or so weeks since the last post, feel free to splice a mug using someone else’s previously posted mugs instead of the most recent mugs. This is all just for fun anyway.
- If possible, try to include eye and mouth frames for your mugs. It isn’t necessary at all, but you’re a swell human being if you do!
- The rules are made up, and the points don’t matter. Except Rule #1, that’s the important one.
That’s it! Let’s get started!
These are the GBAFE mugs we’ll be using for this topic. You can also use F2E mugs from the Portrait Repo, but not F2U mugs. F2E mugs are clearly labeled; so any mug that doesn’t have F2E in its name is F2U.
I decided to keep things in line with my other contest for this first round. As per the two characters in the CCC, our first two mugs will be Ephraim and Eirika! Fuse both of them together with a third mug of your choice, or just one, or just two, and then post two mugs for the next person to use!
(Bonus: You might even be able to submit the resulting mug to the CCC. Free entry!)