Does anyone have a link to the Path of Radiance reverse recruitment files?

I found a thread in this forum from four years ago where there was a link to a Path of Radiance reverse recruitment file and instructions on how to install it. However! The link is now broken.

Does anyone happen to have a backup of those files that they would be willing to share? I’d greatly appreciate it if so!

1 Like

Not sure if this helps: [FE9] Character Editor and Randomizer [v1.3.2]

I remember a little while after there was briefly some talk of a reverse recruitment mod, but I think there’s a bunch of hardcoded stuff with various characters (Ike in particular has a bunch of special properties) so I don’t think it was a “pure” reverse recruitment.

2 Likes

Thank you for the link! Even if I can’t find the old file I can make something equivalent that satisfies me myself now.

2 Likes

If you do end up making something, please consider sharing it with us! I’d love to do a reverse recruitment run myself :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I made one about 3 years ago, use RCRebuilder to reconstruct it:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1FGPA8o5EKqzaP9a0TlZYTKtDGN2zGvF5?usp=sharing
Google Drive had a quirk that turns & signs into underscores so you must rename _systemdata to &&systemdata, and zefhyr_guinivere in root > illust > gba2 to zefhyr&guinivere

Hope this doesn’t count as ROM-sharing or there is no way to share this.

Other important notes:

• Tibarn and Naesala’s battle animations cause a endless error pop-up
  • No blessed armour
  • Recruit based on who a character was (ie. Jill replacement recruits Haar replacement)
  • Chapter 11 villages are character-based, not class-based
  • Volke and Sothe replacements have thief skill but not guaranteed desert utility
  • Equipping and unequipping a demi band resets the laguz gauge to 0
  • Reyson can’t dance people because Brom has no skills
  • Bow triangle attack nonfunctional
  • Oscar/Titania join with no weapon

Spreadsheet with unit info: PoR Reverse Recruitment - Google Sheets

Also crediting Jespoke for making changes to the files with his fe9 hacking knowledge I couldn’t make with just the randomiser.

4 Likes