Do you think we have a chance to get an anime?

I would love an FE 6 anime

7 Likes

Well, I watched these two ova episodes a while ago, dating back to the 1990s, but I think they are about the first (NES) Fire Emblem game, if I’m not mistaken.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3D6L01O7D2Skk&ved=2ahUKEwjZttH008eFAxUFiv0HHZggABUQtwJ6BAgiEAI&usg=AOvVaw20mbsSLp3uoe-CX557xb0N
I don’t know of any others. :person_shrugging:

10 Likes

We do have a Fire Emblem OVA that never got finished. I liked it, even though the dub was kinda cheesy. My favourite part is that they highlighted the lesser characters some more in the anime, compared to the games. The way Lena, Julian and Navarre interact for an example.

I’d love to see a new Fire Emblem anime, although it really depends on who makes it. Personally I’d prefer a faithful adaptation.

As for what game, Three houses is the most popular, so it would most likely be that or one of the other modern games. FE6 would be interesting to see though, especially with how it might work with FE7.

10 Likes

I would like the a Fe7 anime cuz that’s probably the first game most people in the community started with and it brings a lot of Nostalgia

4 Likes

A FE5 anime would be peak btw

While I’m not familiar with the background behind these projects, games like Persona 5 and Nier Automata did get anime adaptations; so I think that an anime for a new FE release isn’t too unlikely.

Also, there’s a FE Engage manga that’s still ongoing rn

2 Likes

Oh. That’s peak.

That’s 26 minutes of peak uploaded directly to the site.

7 Likes

But Maaaaaars

8 Likes

I think a Fire Emblem miniseries, akin to something similar to “Pokémon Generations”, would be awesome. If you aren’t aware what Pokémon Generations is. It’s an animated miniseries showing parts of the video games. I think this world be great for Fire Emblem due to it’s large selection of games.

5 Likes

Out of all the games that I think would work as a show would be FE4/5 and FE9/10 due to them actually having a compelling story with serious stakes and an overall darker theme.

An anime told similarly to the FE4 manga would be a dream come true.

1 Like

If we get another animated FE movie/anime/miniseries I think it would be FE1 again, which could happen since Nintendo made a division in charge of adaptations.

If they do other games I think some tweaks to the story of some games like FE7 or Awakening would do wonders. And if they do 3H, please do each route separately.

3 Likes

That is very awkward, yes

Honestly I wouldn’t say no to a slice-of-life 3H anime, in the same vein of Full Metal Panic! Fumoffu

5 Likes

i hope we get an fe4 anime and it makes the most hated pairings happen so it can finally die in peace

2 Likes

I dont think we will get a show but maybe a movie in some years, but probably fe1 with Marth.

1 Like

I would love to see an FE6-FE7 show, but it would definitely need to take a lot of creative liberties. The format of video game stories and show stories are usually slightly different, especially in Fire Emblem’s case.

FE7 has pretty detailed storytelling but an abundance of plot holes and mistranslations that would need to be corrected. It would also need to remember Mark and make him into an actual character instead of a player immersion tactic, since this would be a show instead of a game.
Stuff like support pairings, plot points, etc. are also important. It’s especially delicate with FE7’s ambiguous endings, but some that I would suggest are:

• Wil and Rebecca being Wolt’s parents. Rebecca is stated to be Wolt’s mother, but while Lowen and Sain could potentially be the father, Wolt’s physical appearance resembles Wil more than them. Also, childhood friends are usually shipped pretty heavily in the games.
  • Eliwood and Ninian is pushed pretty hard, soooo…
  • Hector and Lyn is possible, but Sue does kinda look like Lyn. Maybe it’s just me. So Lyn and Rath is another option, but this one doesn’t mean as much to me.
  • Nino and Jaffar is also pushed quite a lot.

Of course, there’s the actual canon pairings, like Pent/Louise and Bartre/Karla. Not much thinking needs to be done on these four.
Other details I’d suggest are things like:

• Canas dying in battle near the the story since many are dissatisfied with his ending in the basegame, or maybe he is corrupted by dark magic like his siblings.
  • Karel having a character arc leading to his change from FE7-FE6. Maybe he could be humbled by, say, Lloyd in Cog of Destiny? I always like Linus’s version of Four-Fanged Offense more. Wallace could be re-introduced some other way.
  • Jerme and Kenneth could be fought at the same time in Pale Flower of Darkness.
  • Palette swap bosses would have to get redesigns. I’d recommend Damian, Aion, Eubans, Sealen, and Maxime to keep the original portraits. I wouldn’t worry too much about Heintz/Zoldam or Georg/Kaim.
  • Teodor is such an interesting character and feels wasted in the basegame. For some reason, I feel like he should appear more.
  • Same goes for Ephidel. I feel like he and Limstella should both appear more. Though the group would definitely feel the battle with Ephidel more personally since he appears first and does a lot more to them than Limstella does.

Yeah, FE7’s got some insane potential.

FE6 has an alright plot that isn’t told very well in my opinion. The storytelling is summed up as “Roy and Merlinus’s wacky adventure, also Guinivere and Elffin show up sometimes” in the basegame.
Both games would need to be a decent length so that all of the characters can have some time in the spotlight, otherwise it would need to cut out some characters altogether.
Which is why I’ve already done a lot of thinking on what an FE6 show would look like. This is the perfect place to share those ideas.
Some ideas from my visualization were:

• If Eliwood and Ninian end up being the canon pairing, how does Roy’s heritage affect FE6’s story?
  • Jahn would have a much bigger role in the story, since it doesn’t make sense for one of the few actual dragons in the story to sit on the sidelines the entire time. Especially considering how much important information he delivers.
  • Elffin would definitely have more of a role in the story. I imagined a scene where Roy finds out Elffin is Myrddin, kinda like the scene from the FE6 manga where Al finds out. Even though I probably wouldn’t include Al’s group in the story despite me borrowing multiple plot points from it.
  • Roy having to balance a relationship with Lilina with the massive weight of spearheading a war for survival would be a lot of stress and might take a toll on him.
    Roy could definitely form tight friendships with people in his age group like Lugh, Raigh, and Chad. He’d have some tension with Wolt due to their supports in the basegame mentioning how Wolt starts treating Roy more like a master than a friend, but he’d come around eventually. Maybe Marcus’s supports with Wolt could have a role in that, as Marcus talks about how Eliwood couldn’t connect with many people because no one was in his age group, urging Wolt to remain a good friend to Roy so he didn’t suffer the same fate.
  • Kel could have led the invasion of Bulgar and Rutger would seek revenge on him.
  • The army would have to split in two for the Sacae/Ilia route split. Roartz and Arcard would also go to different countries.
  • Supports are definitely a lot more open-ended in FE6’s case since it doesn’t have a sequel game like FE7 does.

…Hoo man, this took a while to write, and probably took you a while to read. Most of these and just ideas, food for fought, and many of them are just my own concepts. I’ll bet many of you have ideas of your own, and for other games, too. The potential for a Fire Emblem anime definitely exists. But whether or not someone will make it is another question.

2 Likes

If we do I hope it’s based off an Ironman

3 Likes

If we got one, they’d probably just adapt Engage (or whatever the newest game will be). 3H would require them to choose a route, and I can’t see Intelligent Systems liking the thought of only picking one route.

What I’d like to see is an FE4 show, perhaps with the two generations being part of two different seasons. Rushing the whole game into thirteen episodes would be a shame, though I wouldn’t have any problem with cutting out some of the filler from an adaptation. I’d happily watch an adaptation of any of the first ten games. Finishing off the rest of FE1 would be another thing I’d like, while the Tellius saga would make for a long adaptation.

1 Like

I could really see a 24-26 episode long series of FE4, with 12-13 episodes dedicated to the first generation and other 12-13 to the second one. Heck, or even 15 episodes for each part, depending on how much they want to add or cut.
Tho, I would definetly love a new adaptation of FE1.

I’ve contemplated on how you can adapt an existing fire emblem story into a televised series (animated or not). I think it might be too hard or spiral out too complex quite quickly (to Legend of Galactic Heroes levels).

Take Shadow Dragon for example. There are 59 playable characters, who if you want each to have their limelight is a bit hard to balance and fleshout consistently through a series (which is why aside from balance reasons, I feel deployment slots limit your army). That and the nature of Fire Emblem, at least your first raw runs (usually an ironman pre Awakening) are sculpted by your losses and your change in cast. That experience would be different for each player and I feel for existing fans, they would like their experience reflected in the series. The permadeath I feel is a key element in Fire Emblem and would need to be somehow portrayed to add stakes. With that you’d run into fans and people fighting over canon outcomes(who dies in the show run vs your own gameplay runs).

I think you may be better off writting a new story in the universe and making that into a series, and maybe tie in a game with it, rather than the other way around.

Although to Shadow Dragon’s point they could probably do the best Saturday Cartoon Villain of the week format the best out of the Fire Emblem series.

5 Likes

@Garytop I second that. Unlike most of other media Fire Emblem is basically built to have original characters in an original setting (I mean that’s what the non-reskin romhacks are what’s all about lol), so having an anime based on a new FE setting would work pretty well, so you don’t have to worry about trying to smash together the several multiple routes/relationships of og FEs into an anime.

And I also second about the permadeath. Having main characters actually slain in battle in a Fire Emblem anime would add a lot of weight to the narrative. And this would work better in a new FE setting/story, so as to not alienate fans of the og characters over who lives and who dies like you said yeah.

Now, if it would be an adaptation from one of the original Fire Emblem games, my top 3 choices are:

1. Genealogy of the Holy War | 2. Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn | 3. Shadow Dragon

While I personally love Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn’s story, and Shadow Dragon is indeed the OG - the easiest I think to continue having an anime from the OVA -, the idea of a Game of Thrones Fire Emblem anime with the Jugdral story is just way too intriguing to pass for me lol.

1 Like