Do you like child units?

I’m not a big fan of how Fates did it. Even ignoring the implications of Corrin hooking up with people who in his/her perspective were born just shortly before they joined, it all feels confusing, sloppy and tacked-on. Hell, the game literally infodumps you about the stupid Deeprealms by doing record scratch HEY I BET YOU’RE WONDERING WHAT HAPPENS NEXT LET ME BREAK IT DOWN FOR YA. And even then it’s STILL confusing and convoluted. So, the couples go to the Deeprealms for 9 months to have their kids? Instead of, you know, leaving the babymaking for after the war? And just choose to leave them alone there with magical offscreen servants? I know the IQ of the average Fates character isn’t very high but this all feels like terrible decisions just for the sake of “well, if Awakening had it!”
The way Awakening did it was fine, I used to hate it but it grew on me recently. Still, it worked because it was part of the story itself, and it molded itself around its restrictions. If it returns in the future it should hold itself to a similar standard, I think. I’m not even completely against using hyperbolic time chambers again, just don’t half-ass it.

yes that is 100% disgusting

In America

Japan has different standards for this kind of thing so really what you are disgusted by is the fact that it wasn’t taken out of the english release yet waifu petting and hot spring camera control was

Only when the entire 1st generation of parents gets killed off midway through the game or there’s at least some type of substantial time skip.

This time travel/super rapid growth extra dimension shit is just comically ridiculous.

3 Likes

No, except Genealogy. If actual times passes I like it. Time travel or pocket dimensions, no thanks.

1 Like