Dies Emblem (feat. incest) [10/?]

Optimization > Morals

1 Like

Added a download link which is playable through Chapter 4, “Chaos Unfolds”. Note that this last chapter is almost entirely untested, and y’all don’t deserve better.

14 Likes

This is a poggers moment indeed the slaughter started

So Im going to drop a review cause I beat the first 3 chapters (I quickly burn out and don’t wanna play chapter 4 entirely)

Pros:
-Setting is very unique
-writing is there
-I love the “realistic” type of writing
-Every unit is unique

Cons:
-A lot of characters feel useless. This is probably intended but if it’s wasn’t for out jagen the squad would easily die or does no damage which makes many units just feel bad.
-Heros weapon description. Some weapons just have to much text and I refuse to start understanding them
-No playtesting. This is apparent I know you said there wasn’t any but it’s still a point that is valid. A lot of situations feel like they would benefit from a few changes. I’ll give some of my ideas for chapter 1

Chapter 1 review and Spoilers

Eric feels so bad if he had like +2 damage, +1 defense or removing the some of the dogs he would hold up much better.
Gold is fine and can take more dogs at a time then Eric which is funny.
Krim is god noting to add there.
Computer head is good against dogs which is good but otherwise he is pretty useless which is sad cause armor knight still bad.
The dogs are annoying with their brave weapons and always dealing 1 damage.
Spiders cripple CH but they are a tutorial on why Krim is op so it makes sense.
That’s my opinions on the gameplay,story wise I enjoy it a lot.

5 Likes

The Ch 3 unit is intentionally designed such that every knife and skill he has maxes or nearly maxes out description length. Due to lore, this will not be changed.

I will consider buffing more units at base based on the quality of community threads over the next week/month.

EDIT: Also due to the complete untestedness there is a patch going up rn for Ch4 as some of the mechanics were broken.

5 Likes

Ch 3 unit really channeling his inner FEH

1 Like

devvy

2 Likes

I realize now that being a chicken is not much of an ask when the first chapter introduces cars as as an (I assume) core mechanic

1 Like

This actually isn’t true. A few people have tested this before.

1 Like

Oh yeah, Mood, I want to offer myself to do maps and weapon/unit/class balancing. I don’t have too much experience with maps in general, but this would be a bright opportunity to learn!

If not, then like I said before, just kill me lmao.

1 Like

Currently I’m full up on people helping, but I’ll let people here know if that changes!

1 Like

owww ok, thanks for reading either way✨

1 Like

theres still slots left right??

name would probably either be dooblerino or the funniest sounding diminutive of dooblerino
backstory is i died [goin for the return route so maybe not??] but i wasnt paying attention so i didnt catch the details haha wuh oh. personality can be spacey as hell but in the nice way yknow like treck style … also if i was a mage that would rock so hard but if not thats also ok

1 Like

Hack is pretty fun and creative so far; will there eventually be turnwheel/midmap saves or is this hardcore FE?

Played up to the end of chapter 2, and had the game crash after a spider attacked the swordmaster while unarmed

1 Like

Afaik, turnwheel is available after recruting Moris in chapter 4.

1 Like

I’ll check on this in the morning (hopefully I remember)

1 Like

It would be cool if my promotion gave me 2 movement and armor piercing, to balance it obviously

3 Likes

I have bad news for you… (you’re a prepromote)

1 Like

1 movement is better than no movement

2 Likes

bro i have 0 move

3 Likes

y’all need to get on the pivot meta

2 Likes