[COMPLETED][FE8][29 Chapters] Grug 2: Grug's Prehistoric Truancy

In “Heaven and Hell” chapter you got the option to talk to your units
But you can’t talk

Same with the next chapter

Except the green units

oh right lol I planned on giving convos in those chapters but I just never got to it cause I lost motivation

1 Like

minor bug to report, the male myrm anims are mistimed in the repo, so uh this happens.
(ignore the HP I had to finagle things since it only happens during enemy phase.)
buged reaction

so there’s that. I was able to fix it but only by changing to the other crit animation and even then it’s still wonky.
gab

just figured I’d point it out.

ah well

as long as it ain’t affecting gameplay or causing some major graphical bug it’s fiiiine

yeah, but I did have to replace an entire animation just to not be softlocked. and I just can’t isolate why that particular animation set is broken like that. much less how it hadn’t been caught.

edit: not blaming you, if anything I guess I’d blame whoever is supposed to test that kind of thing in the repo or the original uploader.

oh wait it softlocks you?

well, that’s different, now I need to actually fix it

luckily for me none of the playable myrms in this hack (grand total of ONE) actually use the enemy anim so I’m actually 冰淇淋

yeah, that’s why the first gif runs on like that. somehow in that altered crit animation cycle the dodge frames are being skipped since he doubles me causing the thing to hang when it pauses for the HP to decrease for both attacks simultaneously.

at least it’s a simple fix, but one I knew should be pointed out.

1 Like

this should be a good excuse to do some minor fixes alongside fixing that one bug, and then we should be chillin

1 Like

I’m just glad to be of help.

1 Like

QUICK BUGFIX PATCH:

Changes:
-Changed the generic myrm animation cause that shit was broken
-Changed the difficulty descriptions to be accurate to how many autolevels there actually are
(If you wanna know, easy gives no autolevels, normal gives +5, and difficult gives +7/10)
-Changed a single instance of me accidentally referring to Gold as “he” instead of “she”

ok that’s it

1 Like

Due largely to me forgetting about it for about 3 days, I found another one.

For some reason Kaiba has a different weapon ranks then the few wyvern lords I’ve encountered, having sword instead of axe, normally it wouldn’t be a problem except kaiba’s sword animations are the handaxe animations which causes that lovely ranged axe softlock.

This one I’m hesitant to just swap the animation on since I don’t know exactly which animation set to use since some of the repo links are dead and with Klok being banned I don’t know who to report things like that to.

K i’ll just fix it then

Also, that’s intentional, the sword rank thing

Gotcha, was slightly confused since reading the class description mentioned axes and lances.

So other then two animation snafus I haven’t run into anything too bad. A few units growing a bit odd and having so many units I want to use but not enough slots to deploy them is a thing as always.

love me the bonewalker though mines turned out really bulky so he’s dun good.

Decided to take a break on chapter 13(?) so I have no idea what to do with the villiager.

You talk to Indigo with Erdreich, I might make it more clear, I figured people would be careful enough to check the talk convos

Then again I expect everybody to play as paranoid as possible and check every single number

I knew that, I ment it in more of the “what to turn them into” kind of way.

Oooooh, I see

lol

well, time to go fix the animations

aaand fixed

ok new patch up albeit it’s so minor that I doubt anybody’s gonna need to redownload (whoopsie, doublepost, sorry mods)

On a side note, what do you usually do with indigo?