(Complete 10 Sep 2021) Kartal's Fire Emblem Wars (Advance Wars 2 hack)

I literally created my feuniverse account just to post here and say that you definitely need to release this hack to the public. Not only would I be interested in adding it into my collection, but I think it would be super fun to stream on Twitch as well. :smiley:

If you scroll up, OP said they were releasing it in their next post

Oh, good to know. I guess I didn’t read all of the comments. My bad.

1 Like

Happy 20th anniversary of Advance Wars’ US release! FEWars released. The first post has been updated!

I literally created my feuniverse account just to post here and say that you definitely need to release this hack to the public. Not only would I be interested in adding it into my collection, but I think it would be super fun to stream on Twitch as well.

@ZeroCG218 Much appreciated.

7 Likes

5 bytes worth of minor mistakes fixed.

• Tutorial 05 - Hamill Pincer: Player HQ not spawning fixed.
    You must restart the map for it to update. Important: Don’t load a savestate. If you’ve been using savestates, you must restart the rom and load an in-game save (then yield to restart the map if you saved during the map).

• War Room 16 - Teraz Plateau: Terms dialogue fixed.

1 Like

Question: is Jet-Black Forest’s enemy CO playable or just a easter-egg?

Yes, he is. You have to unlock him by beating the Salvation.

2 Likes

So how do you download this?

I clicked on the link and pressed “download” and got it. (Using my iphone)

Issue sounds like its on your end

Well, it’s pretty sad. I wanted to play it, but guess I’ll just give up. Doesn’t work on desktop or phone either

@Roazorro This is the main site: http://warsworldnews.com/ You can find the hack on the front page.

Let me know if it doesn’t load. I’ll send it to you.

This one worked, thanks a bunch

This looks very cool! Thanks for making it! I know what I’m doing this weekend! :grinning:

I ended up recording the solution for the third tutorial map because I’ve been noticing first-time players having difficulty with the difficulty jump, even if the loss dialogue gives away the solution.

The biggest difference between FE and AW is that in AW, you don’t want to wall and give the first strike to the enemy unless your walling unit is far more superior. This changes a lot if you can deploy more units. Then you want to wall with the cheapest unit which can survive the enemy’s attack.

Hopefully this helps.

@Dennis_el_Azul You’re welcome. It feels nice to be thanked.

5 Likes

Why I Am Disappointed

AW2 hacking has never been a matter of fame, recognition, and profit for me. I began to learn how to hack solely because I enjoyed Advance Wars so much that I wished to make my own maps to play and enjoy. I also find enjoyment in other people’s enjoyment of my creations. I made sure to communicate this clearly.

I expressed my excitement over my hacking discoveries and the ideas those resulted in, in various forums. It is sad that while some people shared my excitement, others only saw a way to exploit it for their own gain. It is beneath me to speak ill of others. Needless to say, I did not appreciate when the download link to my Fire Emblem Wars hack was shared through an ad-supported URL shortener, nor when someone implemented my unique ideas I shared before me, as if there was a race of who does it first.

I am disappointed that my good nature to help others was exploited again and that I was, yet again, discarded by these people who only befriended me for their personal gain.

I am reluctant to join communities. Unfortunately, my worries have been proven true so far. I have had enough. I will finish the new project I started then be taking my leave of the AW community.

… perhaps later I’ll try FE hacking, but only after an unrelated project.

12 Likes

Very sorry to hear about your experience, Kartal, and thank you for bringing this type of behavior to our attention.

5 Likes

Now that’s a yikes man.

A little clarification, and also excuse me for spamming my own thread with this.

Multiple people tried to take advantage of me from the AW communities. I know that mangs is hated here. Many people from the AW communities hate him too. However, there are some who, while being vocal about their hatred towards him, also want his recognition. I got in contact with him while I was developing my hack. I contacted youtubers at the time to guage their interest in FEWars and wasn’t aware fully of mangs related drama.

I quote my recent statement:

I have been made aware that my previous statement was misconstrued. I now address this.

No, mangs did not “steal my hack.”

There are multiple people whom I let get close to me and I was deceived by them. One of them was racing me to implement my discoveries before me. It was quite obvious and I found it pathetic and pointless, since I planned to explain in detail how to do what I did when I was done anyway. This person stopped pretending to be my friend after they got what they wanted out of me. There had also been people who were vehemently inciting me against mangs, aggressively asking for mangs’ discord ID from me. Do you know what one such person did after I gave them mangs’ contact? Politely offered mangs to help hack into AW2 the winners of his custom CO contest.

To be clear, I am not taking anyone’s side in this; and there have been too many sides approaching me. They don’t just hate mangs, they hate each other as well. They also try to drag others down with their hatred.

I hereby sever all ties to the AW communities. Every post I made in these communities was not made as me being a part of them, but as an outsider.

My experience was that they hate mangs, but still want his recognition. Some viewed FEWars and I as a stepping stone to get to him.

I will no longer be active in AW communities but will finish the new hack I started.

Though this is irrelevant to Fire Emblem, so excuse me if I’m breaking any rules with this.

5 Likes

As for severely cut ties from the Advance Wars Community, whether you did the right or wrong thing, you’re still you. Just be happy on what you do in your life and continue to strive.

I may not have some strong motivational stuff to say, but I am a man of good-willed and compassion, in hope that this message might be understandable enough for everyone.

1 Like

Thank you for telling us about what’s been going on and the events that has been unfolded.

1 Like