Class Slots in FE Builder Gba

I’m trying to make changes to classes. Nothing drastic here.

In testing, I’ve noticed many puzzling things. I fail to see the need for 6 different ballista classes, but when changing one, the unit reverts to the ballista map sprite periodically, despite my having changed it.

Class slots 37, 3D and 3E default to the trainee classes, and whatever class I place in those slots will get trainee experience gain, regardless if the “Max level 10” box is checked.

Similarly, any default promoted class slot earns promoted experience, regardless of “Promoted” box status.

My question is, is it necessary to navigate this minefield when designing classes, or is there some way to detach hidden traits from class slots? I’d like to implement the maximum possible number of classes.

Thanks for your time.

1 Like

Classes have hidden hardcoding, yup. FEBuilder has many patches to change or remove them, but it’s hard remember what classes have the hardcoding and which don’t.

You might find this link useful.

You can just allocate new classes…

Im pretty sure that is not possible, but i dont renember why, anyone correct me if im wrong.

Apparently FEBuilder now has a fully working class expansion patch to get to 255 classes.

I’m too terrified to use it.

1 Like

Use ems / skill systems, then expand the class list to 255. Perfectly safe.

You’ll also need the patch that allows for map sprites above 0x7F for these new classes to display properly

It sounds like you are confused about moving and standing map sprites

Class id = mms id
Sms is set in top right of class editor

Class Relative Power adjusts exp awarded / earned, which I think you overlooked

There are indeed some classes with hard coding, but I think your issues so far are not due to this hardcoding. I recommend just expanding the class list. Please note old save files will stop working when you install skillsystems / ems and expand the class list.

3 Likes

This seems to have occurred because you probably did not change the class power of those classes (which by default is 1 for those trainee classes).

Ahh, how the curtain rises.
I’m figuring this out as I go, so I appreciate the insights.
I see the issue I was having is not necessary.

I’d heard about expanding the class list from another thread, but ruled that out as a possibility. Maybe. I’ll take a look at these patches.

I hadn’t understood the impact of “Class relative Power.” I thought it only applied to exp gained from enemies.

Thanks, everyone.