Cipher of Destruction

CIPHER OF DESTRUCTION

B13-051SRplus_SAMPLEB13-053SRplus_SAMPLE
B19-051SRplus_SAMPLEB19-054SRplus_SAMPLE
B16-001SRplus_SAMPLEB16-004SRplus_SAMPLE
B20-056SRplus_SAMPLEB20-051SRplus_SAMPLE

Fire Emblem Cipher is the second card game created for the Fire Emblem series, after NTT’s game, simply known as the Fire Emblem Trading Card Game. However, Nintendo cancelled production after the final set’s release in October 2020. Ever since, fans have played the game. Some have even tried to create custom cards. But there is no actual Cipher game.

So I decided to try to make one.

Fire Emblem: Cipher of Destruction is a hack of Yugioh: Reshef of Destruction. The aim is to replace the cards with Fire Emblem ones, along with changing the campaign to feature a new storyline with different opponents.

Screenshots

cipher_12cipher_13cipher_14cipher_15cipher_16cipher_07 (3)cipher_13cipher_17

Videos

I will not give a release date and there is no public patch, but I hope to show off something more than a few cutscenes to prove that I can hack them for FEE3.

21 Likes

And you know what time it is for this ROM hack?

“It’s time to D-d-d-d-d-d-dual!”

first order of business is to get rid of that godawful fixed-length typeset :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

It’s official: after procrastinating for way too long, I have submitted Cipher of Destruction to FEE3.
I think I need a breather from the hacking after that rush.

EDIT: This is a fairly bland update post, so have a screenshot from my FEE3 presentation.

8 Likes

Can’t wait to get the Nosworthy card in this game.

2 Likes

I am speechless. Whenever I think this year can’t bring forth something to hype me even more than already a new thing pops up. Ahhhh I’m hyped.

1 Like

It’s FEE3 time, and that means an FEE3 video. This should illustrate what to expect from the complete project. As for actual hack progress, I’ve been slowly working on the cards themselves, such as the flavour text. Here’s an example that’s not in the video.

cipher_01

I’m glad you’re excited. I hope this lives up to your expectations when I finish this.

9 Likes