Choose Your Legends: Round Eight

Third place, here we go.

1 Like

I forgot to vote during one of the days, but:

I did my part and got my votes in

8 Likes

Throughout Fire and Emblem, he alone is the Brave one.

I know that not long ago, during the starter week of CYL we had some predictions here - and honestly, it’s a result I did not expect in the slightest.

I had even expected at least one Engage character to hit each gender, but for it to directly fail - and have Bernadetta, Felix, F!Robin and Alfonse win feels like a fever dream today.

Mainly because of me being an Alfonse fan - so the next stage is guessing and finding out which weapon type will be assigned to each. Until then, I shall take this as a win.

9 Likes

Engage will sweep next year, trust the process

2 Likes

BERNADETTA BROS WE WON!!!

5 Likes

Zero Engage? Bernadetta finally won? Now we have two Robins? Alfonse won his own game’s poll? Felix gets in despite already being in game?
Absolutely not the results I anticipated. Congratulations to everyone! IntSys are taking their time releasing the full results, but they have the top twenties.

Men's Top Twenty

Women's Top Twenty

• Five Engage men and seven Engage women are in their respective top twenties, but none of them are in the top two.
  • The sum of Sigurd and Leaf (13,913) would beat Alfonse, while the sum of Diamant and Alcryst (11,084) does not beat Felix.
  • Outside of various Engage characters yet to get in, Touma is still absent as TMS got one banner and was then forgotten about.
  • This being a GBA romhacking forum, it’s worth pointing out Lyon at 14th place and Lilina hanging on at 20th.

I predicted Alfonse and Bernadetta correctly, but I did anticipate some form of Engage. I’ll probably make another post detailing where my Jugdral votes have gone to when the full results release. In the meantime, we’ve got a top five per game. The Heroes twitter had one image per game, so I’ve just stole a merged image from the Heroes reddit for convenience.

I think this CYL went well enough, all things considered.

3 Likes

i’m surprised sigurd lost, i really thought this was gonna be his year. Alfonse was no surprise tho, the eng and jpn community basically rallied for him.

also, another brave robin after they won male division last year is kinda ehh

2 Likes

sonia at #1 for FE7 smells fishy tbh, i have a feeling she may have been a bot target

1 Like

I wanna see how i feel about theses results? YOU WANNA SEE MY THOUGHTS ON THIS CYL AS A WHOLE?! WELL HERE YOU GO!

Yeah. That’s speak for itself.

I swear after this cyl, this is the begin of my villain arc you guys.

2 Likes

My ideal CYL9:

Men's

1st: Berkut
2nd: Grima

Women's

1st:Rinea
2nd:Tharja

One can only hope :pensive:

The full results are in. As usual, I voted for Jugdral units. They placed as such:

• Sigurd: 10th, 8,058 votes
  • Lana: 269th, 183 votes
  • Oifaye: 221st, 256 votes
  • Linoan: 195th, 323 votes
  • Mana: 347th, 95 votes
  • Dagda: 376th, 66 votes
  • Radney: 384th, 58 votes

Here’s the highest ranked absentee per game/continent:

• Akaneia: Ellerean, 275th, 177 votes
  • Gaiden: Jesse, 283rd, 167 votes
  • Genealogy: Oifaye, 221st, 256 votes
  • Thracia: Linoan, 195th, 323 votes
  • FE6: Elphin, 280th, 171 votes
  • FE7: Athos, 115th, 630 votes
  • FE8: Garcia, 180th, 356 votes
  • Tellius: Stefan, 77th, 913 votes
  • Awakening: Vaike, 141th, 495 votes
  • Fates: Scarlet, 112nd, 641 votes
  • Fodlan: Rodrigue, 148th, 463 votes
  • Engage: Rosado, 30th, 3235 votes
  • TMS: Touma, 29th, 3364 votes

Random placement trivia:
69 characters have at least 1,000 votes. Bruno is 100th, with 713 votes. Muston wins the wooden spoon with a single vote. Dice and BSFE Robert, with three votes, are the bottom playable characters. The bottom ranking is recorded as 440th, so 220th is a four way tie between Thrasir, Claire, Caineghis, and Eve.
That should be all from me for this year - let’s see if we’re still in service for Round Nine.

3 Likes

can’t believe i make up of 1/3 of his total votes

3 Likes

I remain a third of Glade’s votes.

4 Likes

2 Likes