Castlevania Emblem Portraits

Hello everyone. I’m pretty new to romhacking, but thanks to FE Builder and Usenti I’ve been able to figure it out with some trial and error. I’ve had the idea to make a Castlevania-themed FE hack for some time, and this whole quarantine situation has been a good excuse to finally make some headway on it. These portraits are a couple of the ones I’ve edited for the hack.
RichterBelmont
This one’s Richter Belmont, the lord equivalent of the hack. I edited Wade from FE6 for it, adding on blinking frames and later changing the palette to better match with Sacred Stones’ palette. I think this is probably my best portrait so far, but as an amateur I’m sure there’s a lot to improve about it which I don’t realize.
MariaRenard
Here’s Maria Renard. I edited L’arachel for this, and I think it turned out decently. I’m not really sure how to make mouth animations or eyes look good, so the mouth is untouched. The rest, as with Richter, is a pretty heavy edit around the basic face structure. Her hair is really long and kind of all over the place, but I ended up realizing it surprisingly well.

Overall, I’m pretty happy with my first attempts at making sprites. I wanted to show off a class I made for Richter which probably needs more improvements than these portraits do, but I wasn’t able to make a gif of any decent quality to showcase the animations. Any advice you guys have for me would be really helpful, and if you’re interested in the idea of Castlevania Emblem, I’d be happy to tell you more about it and let you help me with it. If anyone actually wants to use these, I only ask that you credit me.

13 Likes

OMG, I loved Rondo of Blood and Symphony of the Night, so I think these look GREAT!

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing. Looks great for a first try. Good luck with the hack!

1 Like

Thanks! Rondo of Blood’s my personal favorite Castlevania, and I generally feel that the time period of Rondo and Symphony is peak Castlevania. I’ll be adding Alucard to the hack eventually, but it’ll be difficult since I’ll probably have to make him another class as well.

1 Like

Thanks! Progress is slow, but steady. Hopefully, I can find some people interested in helping out with the hack so it can get finished in a more timely manner.

2 Likes

Would recommend posting a thread with some details on the project w/ screenshots so folks can get a sense of what you’re working on.

That’s the plan. I don’t think I’ve got quite enough material for that yet, though, so it might be a while. I’ve only finished one chapter and made three units, and the story is still not fully plotted. I don’t really know how much people want to see to be interested in helping with a hack, but I feel like it’s not enough.

2 Likes

I can’t wait to see the portraits, and probably eventually play the hack!

2 Likes

I definitely will be watching this closely

1 Like

Good to hear! I’m glad to have stoked some interest in this project. Hopefully, I’ll be able to put some more content together soon to showcase.

2 Likes

I am a fan of non fe fire emblem like games. I mean fire emblem hacks about not fire emblem and i was looking for some of my favorites franchises like castlevania and found this. I hope I could play it someday. If you need help with icon sprites or ideas please tell me I would like to help :3

Thread locked due to necroposting.