Carcino 803 [4/7 Chapters Done]

Carcino 803 is a short, 7 chapter side-story to Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones! Since we don’t see much of Carcino within the base game, I decided to expand on the little we did see by creating a story with unique characters in a familiar world.

Join the honorable Loyalists in their fight against Elder Pablo’s greedy Revolutionaries and save Carcino from ruin! The story is heavily character based, shown through the small roster combined with many FE4-style Talk events available throughout different maps. Gameplay is reminiscent of Thracia with the Capture mechanic, along with a hint of Fates in the ability to recruit generic enemies after a battle! Primary allies and antagonists have personal skills, but most of the game should be close to vanilla FE8 in terms of mechanics and difficulty. A lot of the fun of the game comes from the risk and reward of capture, gambling on whether you should steal the enemy’s high-end equipment or play it safe and just kill them outright.

Screenshots

Credits

Special Thanks

7743 - Made FEBuilder + Various Patches

Patches

Agro
Brendor
aera
Huichalaar
cirecleseverywhere
Contro
Vesly
Kaito
Stan
Tequila
Hextator
Zane
Leonarth
VennoBennu
Gryz
Snakey1

Music

SaXor the Nobody
Tristan Hollow
DerTheVaporeon
hypergammaspaces
RandomWizard
SurfingKyogre
Sme
Pandan
RSFlame
Psyche
Scraiza
Mycahel
Dolkar
MysteriousDancer
SwiftSaturn
hypergammaspaces
MrGreen3339

Portraits

Flasuban
RandomWizard
KrashBoomBang
MrGreen3339
CanDy
CapibaraInSpace
Its_Just-Jay
AmBrosiac
Smug Mug
Dave Athaulf
Wasdye
GenericPretsel
Ghostblade913
LaurentLacroix
Lt Smirks
Scraiza
DerTheVaporeon
SSHX
XVI
Zelkami

Animations

DerTheVaporeon
SHYUTERz
Aruka
Kenpuhu
Its_Just_Jay
TBA
Knabepicer
GabrielKnight
JPN
Leo_link
Nuramon
Iscaneus
The_Big_Dededester
Alusq
Maiser6
Seal
Spud
MeatofJustice

Other Art

Orihara Saki
Nuramon
Its_Just_Jay
Flasuban
ArcherBias
Eldritch Abomination
The Blind Archer
Zelix
Indogutsu Tenbuki

Download Link (Please patch to FE8U)

This patch has the first 4 chapters of the game along with an Intermission. 3 more chapters are planned, so stay tuned!

19 Likes

Congrats for the release ! Always like to see FE8 universe getting some love !
The capture-recruit mechanics sounds very fun to experiment with, will be sure to give it a try ! :smile:

2 Likes

Happy to see more roms utilize capture! I’ve always thought it was a fun mechanic.

1 Like

I quite like romhacks that are short and simple sometimes (nothing wrong with being ambitiously big), but quality will always be better than quantity.

1 Like

I just finished the demo. I loved it

1 Like

It’s been almost 2 months since I’ve updated this hack. Whoops. I don’t have much to show because my hard drive crashed and everything I added after the FEE3 Demo couldn’t be recovered, which put me off of the project for a while. I’ve finally gotten back into the swing of things and am slowly remaking what I had before, starting with the chapters that are already playable. This includes changes to character’s bases, growths, starting items, as well as some tweaks to dialogue and enemy AI (Sorry for all of the people who had to deal with the boss of Chapter 4’s constant attack. That was not the original intention of the map.)
Screen
The most notable gameplay change is the addition of gem shards. These can be found on various enemies on the map and will become increasingly common as the game goes on. Currently there are only 3 in the game; one shard in chapter 3 and two shards in chapter 4. They exist only to be sold as well as an incentive to bring thieves, a class which is otherwise useless except in chapter 4.
There are no other changes to the game, so if you’ve already played up to the Intermission then there’s no reason to apply the new patch. The next update will likely be a fully playable release all the way to the credits, which probably won’t be released until January.

TL;DR
New patch contains a few updates, but nothing noteworthy if you’ve already completed the demo.
Full release with new maps will probably come out in January.

1 Like