Can the GBA Hacks do Dual Strikes yet?

If every player character had a skill that added damage to the adjacent player character equal to your highest offensive stat plus your equipped weapon’s might that could probably simulate it, if you rebalanced the game to remove speed and double hits and made the speed advantage needed to double 99.

3 Likes

There’s actually something called skillsystem that adds skills to GBA hacks
Inside you have a certain skill that adds +2 damage to nearly enemy units and also another one that adds +4 damage to your allies unit
So that’s +6 if you have the support the attacker and the enemy together.
Without mentioning Rally skills that boost your nearly allies stats by 4 depending on the skill cause there’s one per stat.

So it’s not literally pairing units like 3ds games
But is something similar at the end of the day

Btw: godwin reminds me of YGO 5Ds villain xD

1 Like

There’s stuff to do everything needed for dual strikes except for the animation.

FE: Destiny had work on pair up back in 2018 or so iirc, and there has been a small amount of additional work for animations since then, but no one’s bothered putting it all together since there’s not much interest in the pair up mechanic in general, and it would still take significant work.
Also lack of graphical resources again lol (main bottleneck wrt battle animation wizardry getting done)

1 Like

Dual strikes are the sort of thing that you need to plan early on in development before making a hundred animations. A lot of code needs to account for them and every single battle animation needs to have frames to be the supporting unit. As is, I think the best you could hope for is swapping between the two supporting units’ battle animations, one after another. I don’t think this sounds like a worthwhile endeavour personally.

1 Like

The other thing you can do is setting Dual Units as default.
Like this unit are in fact two siblings.
Each one uses a type of weapon and they share the same animation showing both characters

This is just An example if you wanna have it at least something visually similar

1 Like

If you want pair up, LT is the only FE fan engine that has it as far as I know.

1 Like