[BUG] [FE8] Boss warp glitch

I’m still somewhat new to hacking, as I’ve only started a handful of weeks ago. One persistent issue I’ve been having is with the boss of the first chapter of my hack.
I have a mid-chapter story beat in the first chapter which causes the boss to spawn into the map, but every time I play through the chapter, when the story sequence ends, the boss always teleports to the spot where the player cursor was last pointing. This looks jank as hell and fucks up the dynamic of the map, and despite my best efforts, I have not been able to fix the issue. Does anyone know what the problem is?

Share your event or post a report7z/.ups of your hack so we can actually see what’s going on.

The most likely cause that I can think of is that an active unit is moved with your events, which creates this sort of issue. This type of problem can be mitigated or avoided, but please share your data so we’re not left guessing.

Here’s the event, or at least as much of it as I could fit on screen at once.

This event plays once all the regular enemies on the map are dead. Another thing I forgot to mention is that when I skipped the event with the Start button, my main character ended up being the one to teleport.

It sounds like characters are indeed still active.

Set up your “always condition” events like so:

You might have set them up weirdly. Just copying the Trigger Flag 6 -> Run end event might actually fix your problem.

If it doesn’t, please try fading to black and clearing all units, then loading them again before your movement commands.

If all else fails, you could also try setting unit 0x00 as the active unit. (A warning: if there are no units on the map, then this will crash the game.)

If you are still having trouble then please send the report7z/.ups so we can help.

Oh and welcome to feu. Gl with the hack.

I set the main lord to the Active Unit and that fixed the issue.

Oh, and thanks for the welcome. Glad to be here.

1 Like