Binding Blade: Lyn Mode

A very simple hack that replaces Roy with Lyn. This includes his bases, growths, portrait and promotion.

I considered replacing the Rapier and Sword of Seals with the Mani and Sol Katti, but decided against it, as the point of this hack is to see if Lyn’s stat line fairs better in Binding Blade than it does in her home game.

Roy’s portrait is of course replaced with Lyn’s. I’ve also hunted down every reference to Roy in the text and replaced it with Lyn. Titles like Master or Lord Roy have been retrained as Master and Lord Lyn, mainly because I didn’t want to mess with the text too much to cause line errors in the display. References to Roy as Son of Eliwood have been changed to child. I’ve probably misgendered Lyn in a fair few instances (there was a lot of text to replace, by far the longest part of making this hack), so if you see any "he"s or "his"es in reference to Lyn, do tell.

And for those of you who are into all that, replacing Roy wholesale with Lyn and not changing the dialogue makes Lyn and the majority of the female cast completely gay. You’re welcome Lillina X Lyn shippers.

Oh also just for convenience, I made Hard Mode available from the start.

4 Likes

Finally Lyn x Sue can be real.

Also, did you replace Roy’s promoted class with Lyns?

Naturally. Good luck trying tot get her bow rank up in the last three chapters though!

1 Like

just to be clear, is this ups to patch over a jp fe6 rom or a translated fe6 rom? I ask because I tried with a normal jp rom and… it barely works and nothing is translated to english…

Sorry, it’s the pre translated patch that’s hanging around (hence my reference to hunting down every incident of Roy int eh script, though I suppose I could have used a raw patch and then applied the translation patch myself and did that, so I probably should have specified).

if you turn it into a ups file using the vanilla fe6 rom you’re patch file should be compatible with unpatched fe6 roms, doing this will make things a lot easier because there are different translation patches that will produce different results when used to patch the rom, the jp fe6 rom is universal and you can know instantly what rom you need to patch with.

So you’re saying I just need to use the raw rom when creating the UPS file? I wouldn’t need to redo everything again? Hmm, I might do that tomorrow. It would require getting the actual raw rom. The translated FE6 rom I have sitting on my computer has been there for years. It’s actually been ages since I went rom hunting.

1 Like

I can’t tell you where to find one but it’s very easy when just looking it up, you should be able to use the raw rom to make a ups, FEbuilder does say to use an unpatched rom.

Okay, I’ve updated the download to work with a raw Binding Blade rom.

2 Likes