Battle of the Bards Round 2: A Formidable Foe Stands In The Way

This was super fun, I can’t wait for the next one!

Thanks to everyone who voted for my piece (A New Wind Blows), I’m so glad you liked it! Also, a big thank you to Chair for hosting such a cool contest and giving me an excuse to make some music for once instead of sitting around! And finally, kudos to my fellow composers on some great pieces and congratulations to Mycahel! Wonderful stuff all around guys, I’m excited to hear what you make next.

1 Like

watch out, musical big dick coming through

1 Like

you know it bby

That’s enough. Thread locked until the next contest.

1 Like

Aaaaand we’re back (months later)!

Round Two: A Formidable Foe Stands In The Way

Boss battle theme this time around. They aren’t usually very long, you can get away with 20~30 seconds worth, it’s important to note that they should loop properly, so I’m asking participants to manually loop their song once so voters can experience the loop naturally.

If you’re looking for inspiration, here are some in-game recordings of boss battle themes that I’ve made for Legends of Avenir!

11 Likes

Ooh, I have ideas for this one. Count me in!

1 Like

Boss battle theme this time around.

YESSSSSSSSSSSS

1 Like

We’re one week in and we have 2 submissions so far!

Friendly reminder that the deadline to submit is midnight (EST) August 30th!

1 Like

I completely missed this but I won’t have time to finish by then anyway :cry:

1 Like

Darn. I was hoping to hear some more Agro tunes.

1 Like

Bump!

Only a few days left! The deadline is this midnight (est) this Sunday.

1 Like

Edit:

Woops, I uploaded the actual mp3 version of Saber Blitz instead of the in-game recording.

You’ll find the in-game Saber Blitz here.

Poll 1 (Single Vote, Best In Theme):

There won’t be any poll 2 this time around given that it’d only allow a single vote (making it redundant).

Thanks to our 3 contestants for taking the time to make something, I’ll be sure to post the f2u files after the poll closes (Friday 11:59 PM, September 4th, whatever timezone this uses).

3 Likes

Hi, this isn’t actually a submission, just wanting to show a theme I started working on after the deadline closed. It’s called “Confront the Darkness!”

Here’s a preview,
This is the ingame version,
And download link for the .s file, which you’ll need if you want to import into the game.

It’s meant as a boss theme that doubles as player phase. Kind of like ID Purpose. Have a nice day :D.

4 Likes

Bump!

11 votes so far, not much longer to go.

Is there an in-game version of I Don’t Want to Fight You? I’d like to listen to it with the drums at the proper frequency.

I only received one audio file for I Don’t Want to Fight You.

1 Like

Thanks to everyone who participated and the voters as well. We didn’t get anywhere near the same numbers as last time, I blame FEE3 prep.

I Don’t Want To Fight You! takes home #1 with 60% of the votes, congratulations @ZessDynamite!

Composer reveals:
I Don’t Want To Fight You! - ZessDynamite
Saber Blitz - Mycahel
Altercation - RandomWizard

Here’s a link to download the midis/.s files that were submitted (included Mycahel’s Confront the Darkness!)

6 Likes

Congratulations to the winner!

3 Likes