Battle Animations - on or off? [Poll]

I must say I’m really astonished by these numbers. Knew people liked the GBA animations, particularly the boss animations, but I assumed most players kept them off except for casuals and boss fights. Depending on how a run goes, animations can take up a huge chunk of a file’s playtime so I always have them off in GBAFE.

This is mildly disconcerting since I was making my main project with the intent of having no animations. But after seeing this I may have to fix that once I’ve finished making my hack. :frowning:

1 Like

I really like watching the GBA animations, they are soo cool! Especially if the battle pallete is matching and reminds the character well or the battle sprite is really similar to the character portrait (like the lords or the cavaliers from SotF which I really liked). But as the map goes on I start speeding them, since I play on GBA emulator, but honestly I never turn them off. I’m not a good player and I usually reset but I still keep the animation on. But if there’s an hack without the animation, is perfectly fine as long the gameplay in enjoyable.

1 Like

I have animations on from the start, but as the chapter progresses, especially if there are many reinforcements, I end up turning them off. The GBA animations are nice but not so nice as to watch them for a full hour. Same for the battle music. So I switch between on and off depending on the pacing of the chapter. If it gets tedious and repetitive, I turn them off. If it manages to remain fresh throughout, I’ll probably keep them on. I don’t see myself playing a hack without animations unless it’s really impressive in other aspects of the gameplay.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.