AthenaBaer's Binding Blade PME (Canceled)

What constitutes as a meme character?

Something like this (sorry for the @ Duke). You can also check posts 56 (Armstrong by @/UltraxBlade) and 59 (Sam by @/Freefall) for other examples.

1 Like

I would defend Mr mustache. It’s not a true meme but a regular joke. I find it still pretty alright even in a more serious setting

3 Likes

I agree. Definitely a funny haha unit, but it’s not that blatantly memey. Plus he’s also replacing Merlinus who’s already a walking meme. That’s the one exception I’ll allow (unless there are others like him) :two_hearts:

3 Likes

Let’s just say Redbeard there just kept getting called that and eventually gave up and started introducing himself that way or something.

1 Like

Thank you for defending him

1 Like

I dunno if it’s a separate day now so not sure if it’ll count, timezones and all (Australia) but I’ll likely be distracted tomorrow so doing this now while I’ve time.

Uhm… Playable + Boss! Two separate ones, not a secret recruitable thing today, haha. It’s nice to do something with my ten million characters instead of just making more characters for no real reason and moving on to the next character idea I find neat. I am one of those who just can’t stop creating characters.

Milly (Playable)

Name: Milly
Character Replacing: Yoder
Class: Nomad Trooper
Description: Milandratha, or ‘Milly’ … Why’s an Elf here?
Boon: Strength
Bane: Speed

Growth Rates:

HP: 90
Str: 80
Skl: 50
Spd: 15
Lck: 10
Def: 45
Res: 10

Inventory:
Silver Bow
Iron Blade
Vulnerary
Milly

Palette~
MillyPal
5553FF7FED31DD3AD5114821BC1535113873B25AEE456A35BE37971E0E15A514

uhhh… so hopefully she’d have + Con, I mean look at how big she is. (Alternatively if setting her boon to CON instead would be viable, then maybe that …split boon between strength and constitution? Hmmmm.)
I’d have sorta wanted her to be a Sniper, but maybe a mounted bow user would be nice, little as it makes sense for her.

Yumiko (Boss)

Name: Yumiko
Boss Replacing: Chan
Class: Swordmaster
Description: A woman who seems to make a game out of being as unsettling as possible.
Boon: SKL
Bane: RES

Inventory:
Silver Sword
Light Brand
Yumiko

Palette~
YumikoPal
5553FF7FDF7B3C63132E695D064D853C767F6F5ECA49BB3DFA2873104B080000

Battle Quote: Hey there wonderful. Ready to bleed for me?

Death Quote: Oh, that’s not supposed to happen.

…i missed the boss thing it seems, oops. Feel free to ignore Yumie I s’pose?

1 Like

So Armor Rutger gets removed or he gets to stay?

Name: Meman
Character Replacing: Melady
Class: Cavalier
Description: A former knight of Bern disgusted with the country’s actions.
Boon: Resistance
Bane: Luck

Growth Rates:

• HP: 80%
  • Str/Mag: 40%
  • Skl: 40%
  • Spd: 45%
  • Lck: 25%
  • Def: 35%
  • Res: 35%

Inventory (up to 4 items): Axereaver, Javelin, Steel Sword, Vulnerary

Portrait by GabrielKnight

1 Like

That’s fine with me I’ll just change the character and pallete

I’d say he stays, because just like Redbeard, he’s definitely a funny haha unit, but not outright memey. Plus I mean, it’s fuckin’ Armor Knight Rutger, that’s awesome as hell :sunglasses::sparkling_heart:

Oh well. Armstrong and Kilek probably have to go then. Feel free to just re-open Armstrong’s slot, or just turn him back into straight-up unmodified vanilla Henning and see if the new units can pass the Henning Test. Kilek’s stats I think should be kept (you need a competent early axe user with this lineup), but feel free to replace his name/portrait/description/etc. to make him more original instead of just being Not Kelik. (Viginti’s also a meme but it’s an inside joke nobody’ll get and he’s passable as a normal character.)

Gotta ask, just to make sure, what about Dwayne? He was pretty obviously a Dwayne Johnson reference, but he should be passable as a normal guy.

I’ll open up the Henning slot, though I don’t know if I want to make him vanilla yet. I’m keeping Kilek because he’s a funny haha unit and not an outright meme, plus I think he’s legit funny :sparkling_heart: Also, you did go out of your way to make a mug for him, and I don’t want to toss out time and effort all willy-nilly like that :two_hearts:

@Omnifox999 He stays because he isn’t outright Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson himself :orange_heart:

Edit; Second big round-up is complete. If I missed anyone, let me know. I did my best, but I know I missed some :heart:

1 Like

Hi Athena! This will be the last time i post a unit, since with this one i will have 3 so i think thats enough of me. As always i try to make my units unique, so i’ll try to make this one unique too!

:sparkles: Playables :sparkles:

Name: Mist
Character Replacing: Echidna
Class: Swordmaster
Description: A swift master of the blade, rarely speaks.
Boon: Res
Bane: Def

Growth Rates:

• HP: 40%
  • Str/Mag: 35%
  • Skl: 55%
  • Spd: 60%
  • Lck: 30%
  • Def: 5%
  • Res: 75%

Inventory (up to 4 items):

1000 Cuts (Prf Sword. 6Mt 5Wt 1-2 Rng Aircalibur animation, 85 Hit, 20 Crt, 30 Uses, Gives +5 Str/+5Res/-5 Def)
Steel Sword
Vulnerary

Portrait (By ZessDynamite)
UchikatsugiPortrait

Short Lore: A mysterious woman. She just appeared in the western islands seeking for tough opponents. Nobody knows a thing about her, she rarely speaks. However, she’s friendly and helpful with the people, she offered to help the villages with the bandit problems.

2 Likes

omg Yumiko’s mug is literally amazing!
Why not turn her into a playable? :pleading_face: :pleading_face:

Name: Max
Character Replacing: Zeiss
Class: Mage
Description: A mage from faraway land who seeks to wield all elements of Anima. Silent, but caring.
Boon: Spd
Bane: Res

Growth Rates:
HP: 75%
Str/Mag: 45%
Skl: 45%
Spd: 55%
Lck: 30%
Def: 40%
Res: 10%

Inventory: Fimbulvetr, Bolting, Guiding Ring, Member Card (in case the Hugh replacement doesn’t come with one)

Max4

Portrait made by Bwan

1 Like

To abide with the new rules, here is my new submission replacing Jimmy (Karel)

Name: Lionheart
Character Replacing: Karel
Class: General
Description: A powerful knight from a faraway land. Dedicated to protecting any living thing.
Boon: Defense
Bane: Luck

Growth Rates:

• HP: 210%
  • Str/Mag: 140%
  • Skl: 120%
  • Spd: 110%
  • Lck: 100%
  • Def: 140%
  • Res: 130%

Inventory (up to 4 items): Tomahawk, Brave Lance, Longbow, Silver Blade

Joins with S Rank Axes and A rank everything else

Alusq_1.png

Portrait by Alusq

1 Like

For the new rules for Sam
Name: Shinada
Character Replacing: Zelot
Class: Sword master
Description:A swordmaster from sacae moved to ilia in search of peace
Boon: Str
Bane:Hp

Growth Rates:

• HP: 30
  • Str/Mag: 50
  • Skl:30
  • Spd: 40
  • Lck:100
  • Def:25
  • Res:25
    Inventory (up to 4 items): -wao dou
    -steel sword
    -Elixir(cause he starts out as a green unit)
    shinada
    Pallete
    Shinada
1 Like

If Athena wants another Swordmaster, sure, but there may be a bit much of these here, hehehe.