Apparoid's Mountainous Lair of Stuff (Mainly Maps)

that’s actually pretty good, you could probably start a business with that kind of stuff, not joking at all.
by the way, how did you manage to get them printed?
i did something similar years ago for some posters on blue paper after asking a photography studio, but they couldn’t manage to get the visual quality right due to saturation and other issues related to color.

in any case, great work~ :+1:

2 Likes

I’ve certainly considered it (not sure if your talking about the printing or the maps?) but the reality is that its alot of work to finish these and thus drains my creativity alot. And maps that are larger than 40k tiles in area has diminishing returns on both quality and printing.

But i essentially just ordered two sticker posters (not sure what there actually called on the site, been awhile) from printplace. Getting the map images to translate perfectly took a good amount of math, but i went with 128 pixels per inch. Which for displaying tilemaps irl is not ideal. But any less and they become extremely cumbersome.

Then we got two of the largest pieces of white cardboard from officedepot which i got a discount for since they were fraying at the edges. But thats fince since i was gonna cut them and that made laying the sticker soooooo much easier since you only need to worry about wrinkling and not whether or not its perfectly aligned after you peel the back of the sticker.

So there 2 gigantic 3x4 feet sticker posters which cost like 50 dollars each. Which look alright, the closeup clarity could be much better, but you can make out individual tiles fine. They glare a fair bit however.

2 Likes