Any Rom Hacks With Distinct/Meaningful Choices That Impact Gameplay?

Hey there, so like the title says I’m curious to see if there are any more rom hacks out there that have some meaningful choices that impact gameplay. What I mean by meaningful choices are decisions in game that trigger different recruitments, cutscenes or even entire maps. Legends of Avenir is a good example of hacks that I am looking for, so I’m just wondering if there are any more hacks out there similar to it. I’m not saying that I’m looking for LoA clones, just really interested in hacks that have choices that give it high replayability value.

5 Likes

Code of the Black Knights. It is the definition of what your looking for.

Fair warning though, gameplay is a bit gimmicky (but your playing Bloodlines so that really doesn’t apply), difficulty is definitely more on the hard side (even on the easier difficulty), and there are a couple side effects of the hack’s advanced nature (“bugs” that aren’t really “bugs”, they just happen). Read up the hack’s readme for info on those.

ALSO, PLAY THE HACK BLIND. If you really need to see it to figure out if you want to play it, DONT WATCH PAST LIKE, CHAPTER 4 at maximum.

Edit: FIRE EMBLEM - Code of the Black Knights: Decisive Edition (30 chapters)

3 Likes

Nice Vernal, thanks for the recommendation! Looking through the thread a little bit you weren’t kidding there seem to be a lot of choices in that one, or at least elements that make it repayable, I’ll check it out!

1 Like