Amusing ROMhacking Glitches Thread

Cloning center is open for business

ezgif.com-optimize_2

(Trying to expand to ~150 player units lol)

8 Likes

GachaJam-0
I tried to insert a battle frame from a project dating back to 2017. It utterly melted down.

7 Likes

FE7_hack-0
FE7_hack-1

5 Likes

“Looks like you’re going to the Shadow Realm, Abel!”

fceux64_Pd1Qd4cOC9
This sort of things happens so often in NES hacking that it’s basically cheating. :stuck_out_tongue:

20 Likes

Using the options menu in my free movement mode doesn’t pause free movement

I didn’t notice til now cause I only ever tested whether it opened and closed without issue haha

No crash at least

Edit: Here’s a gif
mGBA_hX1ZSJFl3T

12 Likes

Very interesting indeed.

12 Likes

Cain killing Abel (20,000 BC, colorized)

3 Likes

→ Need to expand boss music table
→ Make the csv with the module in the tables folder
Untitled Project
→ Copy the exact same code generated by the c2ea into another part of the buildfile
→ ???
→ Profit

But seriously tho, I don’t know how expanding the table and repointing the pointers with the c2ea messes with the icons, I tried to figure out what was causing the problem but didn’t get anything.

3 Likes

Try PROTECTing your icon table to see if anything is overwriting it.
My first guess is one of those tables comes right before the icon table and expanding it overran the icon table.

If that doesn’t give any leads, maybe we could move to the buildfile help channel of the FEU discord so communication can be faster.

That was the first thing that I tested, nothing is being overwritten.
In the FEBuilder I can see the icons without problem, the just don’t show up correctly.

The issue is fixed anyways, I just moved the table from the tables folder into another place and it worked. But still I don’t know why this happens.

Huh. Odd. Well, at least you found a workaround.

I nop’d out one line and this happened

mGBA_Ee2kSryBYf

21 Likes

Max used Double Team!

5 Likes

Those post modern cosmic horror indie games wish they had effects like this lol.

1 Like

A thief stole from me and vanished out of existence. I seem to be choosing an item to discard with junk data and controlling the map cursor at once.

8 Likes

Lanc

3 Likes

mGBA_FIWikTIkXE

13 Likes

Oh cool! You discovered a way to let characters speak in binary!

6 Likes

If regular portraits can be loaded in the shop… this gives me an idea

The game is in an infinite loop in the above gif, so it may not be advisable

I have no idea why Eirika appeared or the 1s. Completely unintentional: I simply passed parameters in the wrong order to StartShopScreen. Surprised it didn’t crash.

1 Like