Amusing ROMhacking Glitches Thread

“seen”

The glitch that reminds me of my DMs

1 Like

Have you ever been so mad that you started to beat the crap out of a dead tree?
Dead Tree

16 Likes

NO$GBA_4X1SgHTJaV

Tried repointing the 24,576 bytes long SMS buffer. I can’t find a usable area of ram space bigger than that to repoint it to, however. (Ideally I’d find somewhere twice as big :pensive:)

Not all asm works out :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

When an idiot tries to change the lords death theme…
ezgif.com-gif-maker(1)

6 Likes

The archer got banished to the shadow realm as punishment for killing of the main lord.

3 Likes

Destiny knot

1 Like

ezgif.com-gif-maker (10)

10 Likes

If I may ask, what the hell did you do?

I skipped the ChapterIntroEffect proc but called a few of the routines from it in the hopes that it would prepare the graphics for the map. One of the routines near the top of this proc had this effect, lol. I guess it just sets up the background layers to scroll.

1 Like

Behold! You are to be witness to a power that overwelmes all!
ezgif.com-gif-maker

How is this a glitch?

For some reason the gif isn’t displayed fully.

Can you describe what happened?

I think I’ve managed to found out the error, this gif should working
ezgif.com-gif-maker (1)

4 Likes

Yes it is

Also Jesus…

This is the full version. I think my mage knigth is too strong. Btw, I’ve fixed the glitch in a later patch, I just wanted to post this for fun.
ezgif.com-gif-maker (2)

6 Likes

Ok I’m curious, what did you do to cause this?

There’s a problem with vanilla mage knigth animations
Basically, the battle animations has code 1 and code 6 near each other, in order to fix it, I’ve put a frame between them. The glitch apparently, has the mageknigth attacking two times consecutively, but the system think he’s doing one attack and freaks out. By putting a frame in between, I give them system enough time to process. I think.

Stop-stop he’s already dead!!

Fun with custom staves.
Green

11 Likes