AlemOwl's image cabinet

Kinda felt a bit down lately, so today and yesterday I decided to make more portraits. No actual new characters, but at least they’re alts with different clothing so that I can practice that.

• Lucario outifts:
    Lucario Cafe Mix outfit
    Lucario cafe mixLucario cafe mix blush
    Look at the happy boi (yeah, def not showing my favorite Pokemom bias here). In all seriousness, I was happy to make this portrait, simple yet great enough design. I kind of struggled a bit with with the hat, so maybe I’ll make it bigger later, but for now, this is good enough. It comes with a blush variant too.
  • Gardevoir outfits:
    Gardevoir Cafe Style
    Gardevoir Cafe left with pin
    Gardevoir Cafe leftGardevoir Cafe right
    Uh, this is not the actual Cafe Remix outfit for Gardevoir, but close enough if you would say. Still, it was good enough to do this outfit portrait. Back when I was searching references to make this portrait I’ve noticed that most fanarts of Gardevoir with this outfit don’t actually draw the pokeball pin on their hat, either by drawing it from the opposite side or just plain not having it at all. So for those that want it to be as similar to the Unite outfit I’ve made a variant with the pokeball pin, and another without it, alongside variant of it looking at the opposite side. Overall a good enough outfit to make.

Also, in the meantime have a Miraidon W.I.P. Hope I get to figure out how to make its color palette.
Miraidon

4 Likes

I’ve been a bit busy with making some homework of my university classes, and in general just spending more time with my family, but in the meantime I’ve worked on some portraits I have.
In particular I’ve been able to progress my Miraidon portrait. So far it’s been turning out great.
Miraidon

In the meantime have some more expressions of previous portrait I’ve made.
When your favorite unit gets a point in each stat:
Braixen (Fascinated)

When you get tremendously screwed by the RNG (i.e. your unit dies to a low hit crit):
Lucario (Glare)
When it happens again:
Lucario (Smirk)

Have a nice Easter day btw! Can’t wait to see you all tomorrow for something special!

3 Likes

Heya whassup, evryone. Hope your having a greit day today! Ive bring you some of the best portrats i’ve made recently. For some of these guys forget about the earlier drawings i did, these ones are much beter.
THis is a portrait i did of Lucario. Yeah, this is defenitely a portrait of this guy and not someone els.
Lucario Ditto

Hopoe you sleep well after seeing these other portrats to:
GallavoirGardellade

You know what cooler than a Braixen
? a Braixen with sunglasses:
The Cooler Braixen

Thats it, everyone,. Hope you have a great day.

Okay, I’m out now.

3 Likes

“Welcome to the Velvet Room. My name is Igor, I am delighted to make your acquaintance”
Long nose

I feel that I should’ve posted this a few days later, but eh, what the heck, why not now? At least it’s April, right when most of the Persona games (at least starting from 3) begin their story.

4 Likes

Good day everyone, this is Makoto Yuki/Minato Arisato/Sakuya Shiomi/Roger, and he doesn’t care if he doesn’t have any clothes right now (nor any mouth frames), he can beat any shadow just fine. This might be the start of a long series of Persona character portraits, in the style of FE GBA.
Makoto Yuki (Naked)

7 Likes

Well, I’m going to post some more new portraits in these next days, let’s see how many I can do by these times.
First off, a edited version of one of Thorn’s Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon character portraits, specifically of Sedgar. I mainly changed his armour palette to make him more similar to his appearance in FEH and the Fire Emblem TCGs.
Sedgar {Thorn} - alt

And here’s some another new Pokemon portraits of mine, all F2E like always. These ones will be updated above in their respective generation folders.

Pokemon Gen II - Lugia
Lugia
One of their generation’s main legendaries. Since this mon basically has a simple color design (at least when it comes to the head only), I gave it 5 skin tones like a normal FE GBA character, and then just two tones for blue and red. It was a bit difficult making the mouth frames, but overall I liked how it turned out. Starting next month I plan to release the Dark Lugia version as well.
Pokemon Gen IV - Riolu
Riolu
The first of the baby Pokemon that I made a portrait of. It was prety easy to make its portrait, mainly by following the colors I’ve used for my Lucario portraits, albeit with a lighter shade of blue. I wanted to release more portraits similar to this one but uh, I got wrapped up in doing other things lol. I’ll see If I can make them this week at least.

8 Likes

All right everyone, I managed to make a portrait of a character I wanted to make some time ago. For this point onwards, most of the portraits I make will have two different color variants, one with the full amount of colors I’ve used, which can only be used on other game engines like Lex Talionis, and another that uses 16 colors at maximum, being apt for normal FE GBA romhacks. And since this is a character from another franchise, I’ll make another seccion for the portraits I’ve made above.

Persona 3 - Makoto Yuki
Makoto YukiMakoto Yuki
Makoto Yuki (Battle Outfit)Makoto Yuki (Battle Outfit)
The emo protagonist of Persona 3. Despite being the main character this one wasn’t actually the first Persona 3 portrait I’ve made. It took me a while to make one mainly because unlike the other characters I didn’t find a good enough art to reference to, but eventually I ended up making one later. If we talked about the 16 max color version I would say that I did managed to find all the colors I needed to make at least his normal outfit and his battle outfit from P3R look good enough. If I were to revisit this one I think the thing that would change the most would be his hair imo. Overall, I’m glad I managed to make this one.

7 Likes

Hey everyone, I’ve come with some new portraits I wanted to post here today. These ones might be better than some of the previous one I’ve made before. Of all of these, I finally managed to make the Miraidon portrait I wanted to make too. As always, these will be updated in the main topic above in their respective categories.

Pokemon Gen VII - New Midnight Lycanroc portrait and expressions
Midnight LycanrocMidnight Lycanroc (Smirk)
Midnight Lycanroc (Happy)Midnight Lycanroc (Worried)
Ever since I posted my previous Midnight Lycanroc portrait I wanted to make another, better portrait of this Pokemon, especially since that one looked a bit off-model. This one at the very least now looks much better than the other one, although I’ve based this portrait on one of the arts of the Daily Lycanroc arts there were back in the past. I think the person that made that art isn’t around here anymore (specifically, left social media altogether) so I don’t think they’ll say anything about it. Still, glad I ended up making this portrait.
Pokemon Gen VII - Salazzle
B29. Salazzle
The seductive fire-poison type lizard from Gen VII. I wanted to improve my skills at using various colors tone for the time being, so I made this Salazzle portrait which uses a lot more color tones than other portraits I made before (she has 4 skin tones, but still, good enough I would say). I think with this portrait and other Pokemon ones I may not plan on making a version that uses even less colors unless this one ends up going into Unite (that, or I end up making a different outfit altogether), just so that these ones don’t end up looking too simple and plain to look at.
Pokemon Gen IX - Miraidon
Miraidon[Full colors]Miraidon
One of the funny sandwich lizards from the most recent Pokemon Gen at this time, the future flavored version. It was fun making the portrait of this one, mainly because it uses a good amount of colors to look properly well, and also to further improve my skills at making very big mouth frames. The right Miraidon portrait uses less colors btw, which might make a bit of a nice exercise when I end up making an outfit for this one. It also makes use of the mug extend patch, although this one is not as necesary as other portraits since it may not be visible at all times, so this part ends up being more optional thankfully.

I guess that’ll be all for today everyone, make sure to check around when I make new portraits.

???

Well, off to school I go. Wait a minute, why does my Lucario have a ton of goo all of a sudden?
Lucario (Ult. Symbiote, Masked, No symbol)

4 Likes

Damn, now that I’m seeing my portraits on a phone, I swear the colors I’ve used for Miraidon (specifically the gray ones) looked a bit more lighter on my laptop. Oh well, maybe I’ll change them a bit later.

Well, I’ve just finished some portraits of another Persona 3 character. After this one maybe I’ll either do another one or do some portraits of characters in the style of Fallen heroes from FEH. As always, the portraits will be located above the main post.

Persona 3 - Junpei Iori
Junpei IoriJunpei Iori
Junpei Iori (SEES Battle Gear)Junpei Iori (SEES Battle Gear)
Junpei Iori (Shirtless)Junpei Iori (Shirtless)
Who’s da man? Junpei’s the man! Here’s the lovable goofball from Persona 3. It was fun making his portrait, especially when making the variants of him with his hat backwards. Although thanks to how I managed his color palette in the reduced version, most of his colors are used in all over the place. Also, if you want to properly use his SEES battle gear portrait, you’ll have to make use of the extend mug patch.

Backwards hat variants

Junpei Iori (BW hat)Junpei Iori (BW hat)
Junpei Iori (SEES Battle Gear, BW Hat)Junpei Iori (SEES Battle Gear, BW Hat)
Junpei Iori (Shirtless, FW Hat)Junpei Iori (Shirtless, FW Hat)

.chtap gum dnetxe eht fo edu ekam it evah ll’uoy ,itartrop raeg elttab SEES sih esu ylreporp ot tnaw uoy fin ,oslA .ecalp eht revo lla ni desu rea sroloc sih fo tsom ,noisrev decuder eht ni ettelap roloc sih deganam I woh ot sknaht hguohtlA .sdrawkcab tah sih htiw mih fo stnairav eht gnikam nehw yllaicepse ,tiartrop sih gnikam nuf saw tI .3 anosreP morf llabfoog eblavol eht s’ereH !nam eth s’iepnuJ ?nam ad s’ohw

6 Likes

Another portrait of a starting member of Persona 3. I’ll do more portraits next week, so make sure to check out.

Persona 3 - Yukari Takeba
Yukari TakebaYukari Takeba
Yukari Takeba (SEES Battle Gear)Yukari Takeba (SEES Battle Gear)
The Healer girl from Persona 3. I think this was a more complicated portrait to make than Junpei’s. Mainly, I had to cheat a bit for her max 16 colors portrait where her 2nd lighest hair tone is actually her 3rd skin tone, and on her SEES battle gear her sweater ended up losing its shading. Although at the very least it was fun trying to sort out her color palettes in the end. If I revisit her portraits, I’ll mainly try and redo the arrows from the belt she has in her battle gear.

5 Likes

Was Yukari a healer, I don’t remember her doing anything other than shooting the enemies.
mumblepartyAImumble.

1 Like

Well, she’s supposed to be the party member with the most amount and efficiency of healing spells.

Persona fe, please make the dream real. Also do you plan on doing personas 1, 2 IS and EP characters?

1 Like

It might take a while, but I do plan on making the rest of the Persona cast in the future. For now I’m making the portraits of the characters from Persona 3, and after that maybe I’ll do the ones from the other Persona games down the line. And yeah, Persona FE for the future, Haha!

1 Like

She was both.
Also wind magic.

1 Like

I was just trying to make a joke about how bad Persona 3’s AI was with healing, welp. Or at least it was in the original.

1 Like

Ah, it’s okay. I understand.

Marin Karin moment lololol.

1 Like

mitsuru pls the enemy’s already going to die if you just stab it.

1 Like

I’m sure that after I’ve made Junpei and Yukari’s portraits, some of you might’ve been waiting for Akihiko’s. Well, the truth is that actually, Sanada was one of the first P3 characters that I’ve made a portrait of, although now I’m going to show what is basically my 3rd attempt at a Akihiko portrait, alongside another outfit for him. As always, these portraits will be located above the main post.

Persona 3 - Akihiko Sanada
Akihiko SanadaAkihiko Sanada
Akihiko Sanada (SEES Battle Gear)Akihiko Sanada (SEES Battle Gear)
The boxing champion, all-rounder party member from Persona 3. Imo of the P3 main cast I’ve made a portrait of so far, I think he was the one character that was easy for me to do a portrait of, mainly because his SEES gear doesn’t change that much of his normal attire, mainly just having the protection gear and the above part of the SEES armband, and nothing else. That, and combined with his color palette, makes him one of the one party member that changes the least when reducing the colors he has.

3 Likes